Super Bowl Helmet End Zones (I-VII, XXXI-LIV)

Pleepleus75

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super Bowl XLVIII - Debated again whether to use gray or the neon green for Seattle.  Neon green wins.  The Broncos get the orange endzone back in this format too.

spacer.png

Original Super Bowl XLVIII - https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98529-super-bowl-field-database-early-concepts-for-super-bowl-liv/?do=findComment&comment=2319473

spacer.png

Super Bowl 50 - Went with teal this time for Carolina.  Not unprecedented for the NFL to change up during the helmet era.  Dolphins went from aqua endzones in VIII and XVII to orange in XIX.

spacer.png

Original Super Bowl 50 - https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98529-super-bowl-field-database-early-concepts-for-super-bowl-liv/?do=findComment&comment=2567328

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Pleepleus75 said:

Super Bowl 50 - Went with teal this time for Carolina.  Not unprecedented for the NFL to change up during the helmet era.  Dolphins went from aqua endzones in VIII and XVII to orange in XIX.

spacer.png

Original Super Bowl 50 - https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98529-super-bowl-field-database-early-concepts-for-super-bowl-liv/?do=findComment&comment=2567328

What could've been.... 😢

6uXNWAo.png

On 1/23/2020 at 1:51 PM, beachperroAZ said:

It would be cool if someone that has the skills to make super bowl fields with this template from 1967 for the 1960 Philadelphia Eagles vs 1960 Houston Oilers.  Me personally would like to see a super bowl I field template for the 1963 Chicago Bears vs 1963 San Diego Chargers.  Could someone please make that one?  Would be cool to see what it would look like.

Saw this in the Super Bowl Field Database thread - I've made a bunch of 1960's Super Bowl endzones for each team.  Even though Super Bowl I had the NFL and AFL logo on both sides of each teams' wordmark, Iused the Super Bowl II endzone format (with the team logo and league logo) for this request.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 hours ago, cjpowerbomb said:

Great thread....I was puttering around and thought I'd make a retro Super Bowl field (1972-75) for Chiefs-49ers

5Ldg59T.png

That's awesome!  You'd think for the 100th season that the NFL would want to do something like this.

spacer.png

On 1/25/2020 at 7:40 AM, Pleepleus75 said:

Saw this in the Super Bowl Field Database thread - I've made a bunch of 1960's Super Bowl endzones for each team.  Even though Super Bowl I had the NFL and AFL logo on both sides of each teams' wordmark, Iused the Super Bowl II endzone format (with the team logo and league logo) for this request.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thank you so much! Makes me wonder if they would have used the white C or the 46 bears logo.  The Bear face logo wasn’t around back in the 60’s correct?

48 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Why do the 98 Falcons and 99 Rams have gray facemasks? There's also a Pittsburgh helmet with a white facemask that doesn't mask sense.  

Honestly the Falcons and Rams were oversights on my part, my mistake.  The Steelers white facemasks were what was actually painted in Super Bowl IX.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived