LOGOLYMPIAD X - EVENT 5 - Anniversary Patch

pollux

spacer.png

spacer.png

Back to something familiar! For this event, you have to design a patch commemorating an event (sporting or non-sporting) that really happened in 2010, 2000, 1995, 1970, 1945, or 1920 (10, 20, 25, 50, 75, or 100 years ago). The event you choose to represent has to be verifiable by everyone via internet. I will not accept personal events, even if you send me proof.

Requirements

• Include the years in your design, for example 1995 - 2020. You need both years on your design.
  • You may use and incorporate existing images or logos, but the overall design must be your own.

Deadline: Monday, June 8th, 11:59AM Eastern Time

Guidelines for submitting your entry

Failure to follow the guidelines could result in your entry being inadvertently (or intentionally) excluded from judging.

Entries must be emailed to logolympiad (at) gmail (dot) com prior to the set deadline. Subject line should be the event number (Ex: Event 1). Once you submit your entry, it is considered final.

Entries must be submitted as .jpg, .gif, or .png formats. The file name format of the submission is: event#_yourusername.extension (Ex: event1_pollux.png). The file must be attached to your email.

All final entries must be 1200x800 pixels with at least 100 pixels of white space at the bottom of the image. This means that your presentation has to fit in an 1200x700 pixels window (1200 pixels wide by 700 pixels high). I will NOT resize entries that are not properly done, so make sure it’s right.

The background of the entries should be solid white, unless otherwise specified. You must not use gradients, shadows, patterns, lines, etc. on your background.

Do not add any text, like labels, or images to your submission, unless otherwise specified. Do not add the team name, location, entry number, event type, etc.

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. I will add a watermark to each entry before they get posted for judging. I will also provide each entry with a number. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes their identity or the identity of anyone else will be DQ’d.

You should receive an automatic reply once you submit your entry. If you don’t receive one, please PM me directly. If I see an issue with the format of your submission, I will contact you giving you a chance to resubmit. I will NOT, however, comment on the content of the submission.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

If I wanted to commemorate something of 2010 such as the world cup that Spain won (yes, I am Spanish, xD) I have to refer to the World Cup (X anniversary of the World Cup in South Africa) or I can refer to Spain winning the World Cup (X Anniversary of the Victory of Spain)?

ALL-MEDALS-LOGOLYMPIAD-X.png

16 minutes ago, Josef_Bretones said:

If I wanted to commemorate something of 2010 such as the world cup that Spain won (yes, I am Spanish, xD) I have to refer to the World Cup (X anniversary of the World Cup in South Africa) or I can refer to Spain winning the World Cup (X Anniversary of the Victory of Spain)?

You can refer to Spain winning the World Cup, as that's the event you're celebrating.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I received a couple of questions via PM regarding the Super Bowl winners. I will point back to 2015 where the same question was raised and answered:

On 10/30/2015 at 4:12 PM, pitt6pack said:

If an event took place during say the 1995 season, but the actual event being commemorated happened in 1996 even though it was still a part of the 1995 season, than that event would be disqualified for this contest correct?

My wording is a bit confusing here, but to try to explain myself better. NFL seasons start in one year, but the playoffs linger into January of the next. So a team winning an NFL championship in 2008 won for the 2007 season.

In the case of this contest, we wouldn't be able to have an anniversary patch commemorating a championship or playoff game or something something in the 2005, 1995, 1990, etc season if the actual championship or playoff game, or whatever happened in 2006, 1995, 1991, etc. Right?

I hope this question makes sense.

You are correct. The event has to have taken place during one of the years mentioned in the original post. In your example, Super Bowl XL takes place in 2006 for the 2005 season, so it wouldn't be valid.

Since the Super Bowl happens the year after the season (for example, Super Bowl XXXV was played in 2001 to crown the 2000 Season champion), it would not be a valid event. If you wanted to celebrate a Super Bowl win, it would have to be one that took place in one of the years mentioned in the original post.

If you wanted to celebrate a season, then you would not be able to use any art from the Super Bowl crowning that season's champions either.

Another question via a PM:

Anyway, for the patch, are we allowed to make it look embroidered to add effect, or should it be a "flat" image.

Don't add effects. Make it flat. The goal is to see the design, not your ability to add filters and effects to your submission.

The event is now over! Voting coming up.

• pollux unpinned this topic

Archived