Couguars de Quebec NHL

Blitz

Just a fun little experiment based around the premise of the Panthers not making it through Covid & relocating to Quebec City for 2022/23 (sorry Panthers fans..).

As the Avs own the Nords history I didn't want to go that route, and since the Panthers already have a strong, modern brand, I also wanted to retain some semblance of that as well.

So after a thorough tweaking - Voila! the Couguars de Quebec...

Primary;

spacer.png

Pays homage to the former Panthers identity, while also incorporating aspects from Quebec City's rich history & symbolism.

Secondary:

nzJkdld.png

Basically a similar premise to FLAs current secondary, remove text banner, replace Florida's flag w/ Quebec City's.

Thoughts?

canada.png

I can get behind this for sure if Quebec City eventually get back into the NHL via relocation.. and that Fla Panthers head logo is good use and Im curious to see what the jerseys looks like...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

I feel like you could take this to the next level and create the "Snow Leopards" by tweaking the panther. I'm not sure that shield thing(I honestly don't know what it is, and I apologize for being uncultured) would be fitting on a jersey. As a marketing tool, yes...but I don't see it working on a jersey. I could be wrong, though.

2 hours ago, builtbymachines said:

(I honestly don't know what it is, and I apologize for being uncultured)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citadelle_of_Quebec

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This is a really great job of relocating and rebranding a franchise in a way that can respect it's previous history and identity while also allowing it to slide into the culture of its new community and grow a new identity there. Well done!

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

Archived