My Ideal NHL Jersey Redesigns - Penguins Added

JPConcepts

• JPConcepts changed the title to NHL Jersey Redesigns - San Jose Added

Tampa, San Jose and the Alt for the Kings are all pretty solid (Purple and gold is my fave combo for the kings).

Having the Hurricanes designs use a different template to all the other teams looks really odd. Using the same one as all the other teams would be nice. I do like the idea of the storm flag warning on all the uniforms.

4 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

Tampa, San Jose and the Alt for the Kings are all pretty solid (Purple and gold is my fave combo for the kings).

Having the Hurricanes designs use a different template to all the other teams looks really odd. Using the same one as all the other teams would be nice. I do like the idea of the storm flag warning on all the uniforms.

Thank you! When I first started I was using a different template. I completed two teams (Washington and Carolina) before switching to the other template. That is why they are on a different template.  Perhaps I will put them on the other template soon.

• JPConcepts changed the title to NHL Jersey Redesigns - St. Louis Added
5 hours ago, JPConcepts said:

Thank you! When I first started I was using a different template. I completed two teams (Washington and Carolina) before switching to the other template. That is why they are on a different template.  Perhaps I will put them on the other template soon.

The TB and SJ arm stripes I feel need to be separated from the cuffs. Otherwise feels too "heavy" on the bottom, For TB, for example, need the base jersey color to continue before getting the thinner grey cuff stripe. 

Kings, I can't see that logo any other way than in Purple on gold now. It's the best it's ever looked.

St.L - I don't feel there is any need in the design for the arm stripes to be slanted. Just make them horizontal, it will fit much better with the overall look. Maybe it would feel too similar to NSH with similar colors, but I don't think so, the usage and inclusion of royal blue make it different.

Next up is the New York Islanders. The home and away jerseys are utilizing the four stripes that represent their four Stanley cups. The hem resembles their current striping. I had to include their fisherman jerseys as their alternate. I made them almost identical to how they originally looked just on an updated template. 

UoBT7Kh.png

rqmgjbM.png

2Kx3wHK.png

• Like 2

• JPConcepts changed the title to NHL Jersey Redesigns - NY Islanders Added

That is definitely an improvement over the original Fisherman jersey. While I would've dispensed with the wave striping myself, I think at least going with block name and numbers goes a long way towards making the jersey passable. I've always maintained that the Fisherman logo was never the problem. The jersey was always the problem and on a more conservative jersey, the logo looks fine.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Thanks for humoring me with Minnesota & Nashville! Re: the Preds one, I mostly just meant the outermost blue stripes should be thicker than the rest to match the thickness of the outline of the shoulder yoke. Either way, I think I preferred the curved sleeve stripes on the alternate. The new numbers look good!

Definitely on board with the non-sublimated warning flags for Carolina (they look especially nice on the alt jersey), though I think I'd like to see them on the sleeve stripes too.

The update is an improvement, but I think the issue with those Tampa Bay jerseys is less that the sleeve stripes are too big and more that the hem stripes are too small! The blue and black hem stripes really bleed together on the away. Matching the sleeve striping exactly would help. (Also, it's not necessary, but I'd love to see a version with the much nicer Florida map alternate logo on the chest!)

For the Kings, the idea behind the jerseys are solid... Though the away jersey ought to be more black-heavy than silver-heavy; unless you're imagining going with light gray pants for the set (which is not necessarily a bad idea), I imagine it wouldn't pair nicely as-is with the black-heavy gear of the rest of the uniform. Also, it's not your fault, but that modern logo doesn't quite pair with the retro "Chevy" logo very well. The team's logo history doesn't do us many favors, but if you *must* have a shoulder patch, I might suggest either the "Chevy" logo's crown on its own, the modern LA letters on their own, OR *maybe* a recolored lion from the 2000s logo on its own...

I really like your primary Islanders jerseys! I'd ditch the unnecessary shoulder patch and move everything on the sleeve upwards to fill that space, but otherwise, a perfectly fun and appropriate look!

• Like 1

• JPConcepts changed the title to NHL Jersey Redesigns - Buffalo Sabres Added

The Senators should've adopted the 2000s black alternate as their primary.

Yours is a good midpoint but I'd make the gold stripe wider.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• JPConcepts changed the title to NHL Jersey Redesigns - NJ Devils Added
  • JPConcepts changed the title to NHL Jersey Redesigns - Boston Bruins Added
  • 1 year later...