Lower League US Soccer

seasaltvanilla

This makes sense for MLS. At first, having USL teams come to Kennesaw up the road sounded like a great addition to the sportswatching opportunities already afforded to me in the area, and in the first few seasons I went to a few ATLUTD2 matches. 

But within MLSNP, I don't have any motivation to go. The attendance at those games has dwindled down to pretty much family and friends, and it suprises me they haven't moved the MLSNP matches for the 2 team to the ATLUTD campus in Marietta, because it's not benefiting Kennesaw State Univ. in any way to hold matches there. 

The more MLSNP can look like its own league and serve other communities, the better. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-04-05 at 9:30 AM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

The more MLSNP can look like its own league and serve other communities, the better. 

This seems blazingly obvious to me, and yet. Feels like we're in some neverending loop for farm-system thought of "It would be better for development to have our farm players train with the 1st team on-site... It would be better for business to build separate brands and serve a different market..." repeat ad nauseum. 

The Revs are having their team, creatively titled Revolution II (was that the French Revolution?), play a few matches up in Manchester, NH this season. Seems smarter to me than having Gillette look even emptier than usual. But they might be too late with the way various levels of USL teams are taking off around New England.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Looks like there's a new crest for the club RKC Third Coast. They are using the same crest for their teams in the USL-2, USL-W, USL-Academy, and USL-Youth leagues. I like the thought that went into this new design and it's a strong color combination.

May be a graphic of ‎text that says '‎RED A TIMELESS CONCEPT TO REPRESENT THE COMMUNITY w 2 A Y NAUTICAL RHYME HAT "REUSTATNIGEASALUES SAILOR'SDELIGHT... ESHOWCASE REDSKYATNIGHT, THEREDOF.THECOASTLINESUNSET COASTLINE SUNSETS BLUE RISING SUN DVER LAKE MICHIGAN A NEW IDENTITY سا B 3CF.C 3C #262MADE THE REASON RACINE SKNOWN THE THAT THELAKES THECBUECEL.E KIEHEAN.MCHAHEATT THE COASTLINES ELOVE MICHIGAN, WHICH YELLOW SEAGULL AREA SDARINGAECIE.INEAOTH ABONE GREAT COASTSO COUNTIES Bo FODRTEBRBESLEESU SUN HEBRIGHT RISES EVERY SHINING OUR PLAYERS AND OUR PITCH 3CF.C. "KC" LETTERING RACINESKENDSHA BEAUTIFUL CITIES LAVERS OUF OUR HOME, THE STAFF REPRESENT THIRD STANDS COASTSO LETTERING GREAT LAKES THAT BORDER RACINE AND ENOSHA‎'‎

Here's the previous crest for comparison:

Untitled-design.jpg?resize=250,250&ssl=1

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

The new USL League One team next year in Portland, Maine next year will be called Portland Hearts of Pine. Name's a bit of a mouthful, wish they would've used Maine as the location signifier given that the other Portland already exists with a tree theme. Also feel like there's high odds of Merritt Paulson filing a lawsuit over it, because he's that kind of guy. All that said, total banger of a crest that feels very Maine to me. 

PHOP_Crest_color.png 

• Like 7

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers