Lower League US Soccer

seasaltvanilla

USL Championship side Birmingham (AL) Legion FC is changing suppliers from Nike to Hummel.

Birmingham Legion FC Announces Multi-Year Partnership with hummel

Birmingham Legion FC announced today a multi-year partnership with Danish apparel company hummel to become the club’s official on- and off-field kit partner. 

Hummel will provide the Legion home, away, and alternative kits, training gear, travel wear and select retail options.

Legion FC’s first-ever hummel kits will be revealed in the lead-up to the pre-season friendly match against Atlanta United on January 27 at 2 pm at Protective Stadium.

Fans in attendance at Saturday’s match will have the first opportunity to purchase the new kit. The new jersey marks a new chapter in the Club’s on-field look. The debut jersey is coated in the club’s colors featuring an embossed design of a city landmark. The iconic bumble bee logo is across the Legion logo on top of the club’s front-of-kit sponsor, Coca-Cola. In the next coming weeks, Legion FC will have some more exciting news to share as it relates to new team partners on 1st team kits. 

“We are thrilled to announce our partnership with hummel as Legion FC’s jersey and apparel provider—a unique blend of high performance and style,” said President and GM Jay Heaps. “With hummel we have more creative freedom and design opportunities than we’ve had in past seasons. We’re thrilled to be able to create memorable kits that tell the story of the club and our city’s history.”

Source: https://www.bhmlegion.com/news/2024/01/23/birmingham-legion-fc-announces-multi-year-partnership-with-hummel/

sport-scarf_dortmund_zps9338859f.png

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Yeah, I am kind of bummed Chattanooga is moving to adidas per its move to MLSNP, because their Hummel kits were all excellent. 

With Adidas serving as the official kit supplier for MLS and MLSNP, I doubt they had a choice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2024 at 12:40 PM, maz said:

Please, soccer gods, let me see tomorrow that the Riverhounds have finally ditched the horrid bumblebee look.

Careful what you wish for, folks...

Home: I like that it's black. That's about it. It looks like a photo that had a stock photoshop filter run on it. Also, the choice of bridge is odd since it's not the one that's visible from damn near everywhere in Highmark Stadium.

Rroad: I get the gray for the steel, but it'd be better if the stripes were black or black/white. 

If they'd done that with the road jersey, and simply flipped it for the home, it'd be one of - if not the - best look they ever had. But this is almost "cartoon logo and default Microsoft Paint color palette shade of blue" era bad.

• Like 1

oBIgzrL.png

45 minutes ago, maz said:

Careful what you wish for, folks...

Home: I like that it's black. That's about it. It looks like a photo that had a stock photoshop filter run on it. Also, the choice of bridge is odd since it's not the one that's visible from damn near everywhere in Highmark Stadium.

Rroad: I get the gray for the steel, but it'd be better if the stripes were black or black/white. 

If they'd done that with the road jersey, and simply flipped it for the home, it'd be one of - if not the - best look they ever had. But this is almost "cartoon logo and default Microsoft Paint color palette shade of blue" era bad.

I like that home shirt, though I agree that they should use the bridge by the stadium instead. The away shirt is ok, but I'd probably either have the stripes on either the sleeves or the chest, not both. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 2/21/2024 at 5:36 PM, MJWalker45 said:

San Antonio FC will be announcing a new shirt sponsor 

San Antonio showing off new sponsors Community First on the jerseys, and Rico's chips on the shorts. Toyota moves to the sleeves.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

New Oakland Roots jerseys announced.

featured-905-15-768x501.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&i

The goalie jersey (middle) is supposed to be a tribute to Jorge Campos and the outfits he wore. I use the word supposed, because if your retinas aren't bleeding, it ain't a tribute.

• Like 5

Are they nicknaming kits at the lower levels too, now, or has that also been a thing for a while?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 3 weeks later...

It appears MLS is in the beginning stages of killing off the "2, II, B" names in MLS Next Pro. I heard a few months ago that they were encouraging MLS clubs to move their Next Pro clubs outside of the MLS cities and stadiums.  Effective immediately, LA Galaxy II has been rebranded to Ventura County FC and will move to Thousand Oaks playing at California Lutheran University.  San Jose Earthquakes II have been rebranded to The Town FC and will  move to Moraga at Saint Marys College

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

Signature intentionally left blank

• 3 weeks later...

New name and look for MLS Next Pros FC Cincinnati 2 may have just leaked. The team plays in Highland Heights, KY on the campus of Northern Kentucky University. Kentucky is one of four states that are known as commonwealths. MLS is encouraging its 2/B teams to rebrand or relocate. LA Galaxy II and San Jose Earthquakes II rebranded just days before the start of the 2024 season as Ventura County FC and The Town FC

GKK_F-CXQAArkF5?format=png&name=360x360GKK_IMRWUAA5Tbq?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3

Signature intentionally left blank