Lower League US Soccer

seasaltvanilla

4 minutes ago, AnPheitseog said:

These arent seperate teams though, just a division of the MLS team.

Just like a youth organization fields a U23, U18, U16 and a U8 team.

They are separate teams, not separate clubs.

If they wanted to keep it exactly the same you wouldn't see the Austin FC - ATX FC II, Portland Timbers - T2, Philadelphia Union - Union 2, Orlando City - OCB ( which is a laugh as it sounds like OCD), Atlanta United - ATL United 2, Vancouver Whitecaps FC - WFC 2.

Giving them some type of their own persona while still holding ties to their club it would appeal to a wider audience and you may see people following them more.

Austin for starters could of gone with something as simple as A2FC if they wanted the 2 in it or Austin A2tex using the 2 as a Z to pay homage to the Austin Aztex.

It looks boring and looks as though the clubs think the supporters don't know who the senior and 2nd's, 3rds, 4ths teams are.

Either keep it the same or don't, but make it better is what i am saying.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

19 hours ago, tigers said:

Austin for starters could of gone with something as simple as A2FC if they wanted the 2 in it or Austin A2tex using the 2 as a Z to pay homage to the Austin Aztex.

I think that might get them in legal trouble even if the Aztex aren't around anymore. Especially since the existence of Austin FC ensured that they and Austin Bold were killed off. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 1 month later...

NISA being a total disaster means a new crest as a result of this "merger"... certainly better than the previous Syracuse Pulse one.

FLOWER CITY TO PLAY AS SALT CITY UNION FOR MATCHES IN SYRACUSEspacer.png

spacer.png

On a related note: Why doesn't NISA have it's on section under North American Soccer leagues? Same for MLX Next Pro and USL League One... PDL and NPSL are both on there, so it can't be because the third division is too low in the pyramid... 

• WOAH 1

56 minutes ago, xbhaskarx said:

NISA being a total disaster means a new crest as a result of this "merger"... certainly better than the previous Syracuse Pulse one.

FLOWER CITY TO PLAY AS SALT CITY UNION FOR MATCHES IN SYRACUSEspacer.png

spacer.png

On a related note: Why doesn't NISA have it's on section under North American Soccer leagues? Same for MLX Next Pro and USL League One... PDL and NPSL are both on there, so it can't be because the third division is too low in the pyramid... 

So it has two primary logos?

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

• 4 months later...

Perhaps the title can be changed since it's no longer 2022 and I'm not sure this topic warrants an annual thread.

But the final 32 choices for the name of Milwaukee's USL Championship side have been released. 

spacer.png

• Like 3

Milwaukee Iron was my submission because the'll be playing in the Iron District, it's slang for a Harley Davidson, and it reminds me of traditional club names such as Bethlehem Steel. 

That said, I actually really like Westown MKE.  Westown is the neighborhood where the Iron District is located and you hardly ever see clubs named after neighborhoods on this side of the pond. 

Tall Boys would be fine as an unofficial nickname, but making it official would make us sound hokey and pub league.

• Like 2

1846 Milwaukee

Cream City

Milwaukee Brigade

Milwaukee Iron

Milwaukee Brigade would be my preference It honors King’s Wisconsin Brigade/the Iron Brigade of the United States Civil War, a Union Army infantry unit primarily comprised of soldiers from three Wisconsin.regiments.  The name would also tie into the Iron District stadium location. I could see the brigade’s distinctive black wool Hardee hats being incorporated into the soccer club’s visual branding, with “Black Hats” being a nickname for the team.

After Milwaukee Brigade, I’d probably rank my remaining candidates Milwaukee Iron, 1846 Milwaukee, and Cream City.

6 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

1846 Milwaukee

Cream City

Milwaukee Brigade

Milwaukee Iron

Milwaukee Brigade would be my preference It honors King’s Wisconsin Brigade/the Iron Brigade of the United States Civil War, a Union Army infantry unit primarily comprised of soldiers from three Wisconsin.regiments.  The name would also tie into the Iron District stadium location. I could see the brigade’s distinctive black wool Hardee hats being incorporated into the soccer club’s visual branding, with “Black Hats” being a nickname for the team.

After Milwaukee Brigade, I’d probably rank my remaining candidates Milwaukee Iron, 1846 Milwaukee, and Cream City.

I'd say Milwaukee Iron does this as well as Milwaukee Brigade... only it has the added bonus of the supporters club being the Iron Brigade.

10 hours ago, Digby said:

Westown MKE? 414 FC? I legitimately do not understand the appeal of these bizarre abstract options that lower-league soccer drools over.

The fanbase for minor league sports tends to be hyper local to begin with and soccer has a culture that goes hand in hand with that sentiment.

I'm not a fan of everything that yields. Trust me... some REALLY bad name got weeded out in Round 1. Some idiot suggested Milwaukee Cheese for god sake. 🤦‍♂️

But Westown MKE has grown on me. I'm less sure about 414, but I could still see it working under the right circumstance.

• 1 month later...

The branding for the new USL League 1 team in Spokane has been released.

GHXgDyWNVw4z4l3ObV-AiddkWPjYBfA8fapY0kZm

Glad it's not "Spokane FC" but this name and the logo leave a lot to be desired.

I know it's supposed to be Spokane Falls, but honestly the logo looks like Nevada.

• Like 5
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1

6 hours ago, vtgco said:

Glad it's not "Spokane FC" but this name and the logo leave a lot to be desired.

I know it's supposed to be Spokane Falls, but honestly the logo looks like Nevada.

That logo is so bland, not a fan of the font and the waterfall could have been far better represented than by four blue lines and three white lines.

• Applause 1

6 hours ago, vtgco said:

Yeeeaaaahh that ain't it.

I've been to the Spokane Falls—several times, in fact. (VERY picturesque and scenic for those of you that haven't seen them in person.) That logo doesn't come close to properly representing them or the word "velocity". Sure, I get that there's a lot of velocity in moving water, and that's perfectly fine for an inspiration for a team branding, but THAT...that ain't it how you do that there.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2023 at 11:23 AM, vtgco said:

Not great! Spokane Shadow was way cooler back in the day and you could do some cool stuff with the black-white color scheme.

Also anyone who votes Milwaukee United needs to be put tarred and feathered. 

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

• 5 weeks later...

Everything about that Spokane Velocity logo looks like something from the cheapo create-a-team aesthetic you always see in whatever nascent spring football league is the one of the moment. That said, I weep for the teal/white/black color scheme that the Sounders always should've worn.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I don't know whether MLS Next Pro belongs in this thread or the MLS thread. Anyway, their second attempt at an indie team starts next year and have unveiled this logo. I absolutely love it (another Matthew Wolff joint I think?) but remain flummoxed at the name of the club, itself.

lvude7o4z6hgb4swplty.png 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 8/13/2023 at 12:38 AM, TenaciousG said:

Also anyone who votes Milwaukee United needs to be put tarred and feathered. 

That one didn't even make it into the finals. But some of the ones that did? Yeesh.

Here they are according to the official team website:

-Milwaukee Tall Boys

-Milwaukee Barons

-Milwaukee Brigade

-Goodland

-Lake Effect

-Fresh Coast

-Milwaukee Iron

-Cream City

-1846 Milwaukee

-Milwaukee Industrial

I'm solidly behind Milwaukee Iron. But the Bucks can't wear cream anymore and those Cream City jerseys were quite popular, so I'd be okay with that too.