Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (30/30 Wizards Added)

johne9109

Dallas Mavericks

For the Mavs their home and away stay in tact as far as design goes; the colors do get changed a little however. I brought green back into the mix, but the current neon green that the team uses in their alternate uniforms. For the alternates I based them on the 2017 City Edition.  I really want to see sports teams move away from the 90's/00's trope of black alternates so I dropped the black here and used the neon green for the home and dark blue for the away. The throwbacks are essentially their original uniforms, but I went for the 90's font for the wordmarks and numbers.

DAL

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (7/30 Mavericks Added)

Denver Nuggets

For the Nuggets I went back to the last version of the baby blue uniforms. Maybe it's because it's what I grew up with, but I've always felt this color scheme fits the Nuggets so much better.  For the alternates I took the 2017 Statement uniforms and made them the home alternate and then made a dark blue uniform for the away alternate. The home throwback is the beloved rainbow uniform and then for the away throwback I went with the pickaxe uniform from the 70's

DEN

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (8/30 Nuggets Added)
  • johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (9/30 Pistons Added)

Golden State Warriors

I like the Warriors current set as it feels like a modernization of their classic uniforms. So they stay as the home and away uniforms. For the alternates I went a reverse retro route and took the late 90's/00's uniforms and applied the teams current color scheme. The throwbacks are from the 80's employing the classic version of the home and away uniforms

GSW

• Like 3

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (9/30 Warriors Added)

Houston Rockets

For the Houston Rockets I went back to their previous look (namely the design from the 2017 season). It's just a much better design than what they currently wear. The alternates are based on the teams 2018 earned uniform. For the home alternate I made silver the main color while the away alternate is red focused. The throwback uniforms are from the 70's/80's giving the Rockets their classic red and yellow look

HOU

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (10/30 Rockets Added)

Indiana Pacers

The Pacers home and away a mainly their pinstripe uniforms. I did however change the front of the jerseys to mimic their current uniforms to make them look less collegiate. The alternates are based on the teams 2017 city uniform with a yellow version being the home alternate and the blue version being the away alternate. The throwback uniforms are then the 80's uniforms

IND

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (11/30 Pacers Added)

LA Clippers

Now the Clippers get a decent change. I went back to the 14/15 uniforms, but included some of the current team branding as far as logos. The big change is of course going back to the San Diego Clippers colors. For the home alternate I based it off of the 2017 City Uniform and then made an orange version to go along with it. The throwbacks are the 80's uniforms

LAC

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (12/30 Clippers Added)
  • johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (13/30 Lakers Added)

Memphis Grizzlies

For the Memphis Grizzlies I brought back their original color scheme. Their current colors are so bland and the original colors make them stand out so much better; otherwise the home and away stay the same. The current statement uniform is recolored into a teal home alternate and then as a black away alternate. The throwbacks are of course the original Vancouver uniforms

MEM

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (14/30 Grizzlies Added)

Miami Heat

The heats home uniform stays in tact. For the away I promoted the Statement uniform as I feel the red is a better fit for the Heat over black. For the home alternate I used the 2017 city uniform and used the 2019 city uniform for the away alternate. I did put El Heat from their Hispanic Heritage uniforms on the front of the away alternate as I felt it was another great tie to Miami. The throwbacks are their original set

MIA

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (15/30 Heat Added)

Milwaukee Bucks

There's honestly nothing to change about the home and away it's a great set. For the home alternate I used the 2017 City uniform and for the away alternate I went the same route but used green as the main color rather than black like their statement uniform. There are only a handful of teams I think should be in black and the Bucks are not one of them. The throwbacks are then their all green look from the 80's

MIL

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (16/30 Bucks Added)
On 7/22/2022 at 8:23 AM, johne9109 said:

Kansas City Royals

So the biggest change for the Royals is that the main home away and alternate home and away all feature script wordmarks on the jerseys. I always felt the script font fit the Royals better than the block font they use on their away uniforms. The home throwback only goes back to the 2000's. The away throwback however takes us back to the teams original away uniforms

mgoaJBz.jpg

I am in love!

• Like 1

Minnesota Timberwolves

For the Timberwolves I went back to their late 90's/00's look for the home and away. I know it's a bit dated, but it's just such a good look. For the home alternate I brought in the green used in the current uniforms and made a green version of the home and away as well as doing a take on the black alternate from the 90's. For the throwbacks I went with their late 80's look

MIN

• Like 2
  • Love 3

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (17/30 Timberwolves Added)
12 hours ago, johne9109 said:

Minnesota Timberwolves

For the Timberwolves I went back to their late 90's/00's look for the home and away. I know it's a bit dated, but it's just such a good look. For the home alternate I brought in the green used in the current uniforms and made a green version of the home and away as well as doing a take on the black alternate from the 90's. For the throwbacks I went with their late 80's look

MIN

I love this. I've never been a fan of the late '90s/'00s Timberwolves logo the way most people are, but I think there's a lot of potential to use it as a baseline for modernization.

For one, I'd brighten the colors, maybe using the original royal and bright green from the inaugural sets. I just think those uniforms were too drab. I also never liked the use of the whole word "Timberwolves," but I think is would look fantastic if that same typeface was used with just "Wolves." 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I love this. I've never been a fan of the late '90s/'00s Timberwolves logo the way most people are, but I think there's a lot of potential to use it as a baseline for modernization.

For one, I'd brighten the colors, maybe using the original royal and bright green from the inaugural sets. I just think those uniforms were too drab. I also never liked the use of the whole word "Timberwolves," but I think is would look fantastic if that same typeface was used with just "Wolves." 

Those are some great ideas. If I ever do a full on redesign of the NBA I would take those ideas into account because they'd look pretty sick

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

New Orleans Pelicans

I really like the Pelicans uniforms. I feel that there are people who do not like them, but I feel like they are very unique and feel indicative of their region; so the home and away stay as is. For the home alternate I used the 2018 city uniform and for the away alternate I just swapped the white and purple. I know they did the dark version as a blue uniform, but I felt the purple worked better. For the throwbacks I threw it ALL the way back to 2008 and the New Orleans Hornets; I did put the Pelicans logo on the pants for differentiation between them and Charlotte

NOP

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (19/30 Pelicans Added)

New York Knicks

For the Knicks home and away they are essentially kept the same except that I dropped grey from the uniform. It didn't really do anything for the uniform and a lot of people probably don't even realize it's there. The away alternate is the Knicks 2017 city edition. I love this uniform and it's a shame the Knicks haven't brought it back in some way. For the home alternate I then made an orange version of the same uniform. The throwbacks are the stripped uniforms from the 50's

NYK

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (20/30 Knicks Added)

Oklahoma City Thunder

The Thunder have had really lackluster uniforms, but their home and away are their best look so they stay intact. They also get carried over to the alternates as a yellow version for home and a dark blue version for away; as the Thunder's alternates aren't any better than their regular uniforms. The throwbacks are of course the Seattle Supersonics uniforms from the 80's

OKC

• Like 1
  • Meh 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (21/30 ThunderAdded)
  • johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (22/30 Magic Added)

Philadelphia 76ers

The Sixers have done something similar to what we are seeing with many NHL teams recently where they move away from a very 00's design into something that is a older design or a modernization of an older design. I think this was the perfect move for the 76ers so I kept the home and away in tact. For the home alternate i was originally going to go with the 2019 City edition, but what I decided to do instead was combine this design with the Allen Iverson era alternate creating what I think is a unique home and away alternate set. The throwbacks are then Sixers look from the 70's and 80's

PHI6

ZUH86xc.png