Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (30/30 Wizards Added)

johne9109

Calgary Flames

With the Flames I was originally going to go a similar route to the Sabres with keeping the home and away as is and using their fauxback as the throwback uniform. Instead I decided to reinstate their previous uniforms as the home and away with a couple minor changes. I got rid of the striping on the sides of the torso and used the mountain secondary logo on the shoulders. Sorry Calgary fans, but there's no Blasty in this set. For the alternates I used the pedestal uniforms. I made a black uniform for the home alternate and then made the red version the away alternate. The throwback uniforms are the original/current uniforms. With this series one of the points was that teams could use whatever uniforms they wanted; so even though their designated as throwbacks if Calgary wanted to mainly use the throwbacks they could.

CGY

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32 Complete), NHL (5/32 Flames Added), NBA

Carolina Hurricanes

Possibly THE most misguided brand in the NHL is the Hurricanes; especially in the last few years. So I am trying to bring some unity to their look with this series. The home and away are a combination of their original uniforms and the uniforms from the late 10's. So the CANES away look is dropped (for the best) and the hurricane warning pattern is a clear black and red color. The alternate uniforms are then takes on the storm warning uniform that was an alternate and is now becoming their home uniform. The home alt is black with the away alt using the grey color as the main color instead of making a white version. The throwbacks are then the Whalers original NHL uniforms. I know people really dislike when the Hurricanes wear the Whalers uniforms, but I love it and if hey keep doping and and take some more steps in honoring the original Whalers (like retiring Whalers numbers) it will become more accepted.

CAR

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32 Complete), NHL (6/32 Hurricanes Added), NBA

Chicago Blackhawks

Man have we had a lot of red recently. Thankfully we'll be getting away from it for a little bit. So the Blackhawks look is iconic so home and away are left untouched except I took the black cuffs off of the away jersey. The home alternate is a combination of the teams last reverse retro and their alternate from the 00's and then I made a white version to go along with it. The home and away throwbacks are then their black and white looks from the 20's

CHI

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32 Complete), NHL (7/32 Blackhawks Added), NBA

Colorado Avalanche

The Avs don't really need a lot working so the home and away stay intact as they are. The alternate stays; even though I am not a fan it, but it is a fan favorite. It also gets a white away version. Like the Hurricanes, the Avalanche don the uniforms of their previous incarnation as their throwbacks. I used the original coloring for the Nordiques uniforms instead of going down the same route of the Reverse Retro as I like to keep throwbacks as historically accurate as possible

COL

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32 Complete), NHL (8/32 Avalanche Added), NBA

Columbus Blue Jackets

The  Blue Jackets home and away is carried over here. The alternates are based on their original uniforms with some slight striping and coloring changes. I also changed the shorts as I never liked the red shorts for Columbus. The home throwback is based on their current fauxback alternate and is given a wheat away throwback

CBJ

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (9/32 Blue Jackets Added), NBA
26 minutes ago, johne9109 said:

Columbus Blue Jackets

The  Blue Jackets home and away is carried over here. The alternates are based on their original uniforms with some slight striping and coloring changes. I also changed the shorts as I never liked the red shorts for Columbus. The home throwback is based on their current fauxback alternate and is given a wheat away throwback

CBJ

Looks like you forgot to switch the Away Alternates from the Avalanche

• Like 1

Dallas Stars

For the Stars home and away I went ahead and did what I think a lot of people wish they would do and went back to their star shaped jerseys from the late 90's/early 00's. I kept the Stars current color scheme however as I feel the silver feels more modern. The current home and away then get moved to the alternate uniforms. I did make some changes to the away uniform to make it more match the home uniform and I changed the crest to be the version that has the state of Texas in the background as well. The throwback home is the recent Winter classic uniform and then I made a white version to go along with it

DAL

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (10/32 Stars Added), NBA

Detroit Red Wings

The Red Wings is another classic and neigh untouchable look so with that the only change I really made was making the hem striping match on the home and away. The alternate uniforms are a combination of their 2009 Winter Classic uniform and their 2016 Stadium Series uniform. I kept most of the striping of the Stadium Series uniform, but went with the straight across striping of the Winter classic rather than the sash looking stripe. The throwback uniforms are based on the original Detroit Cougars look and gets flipped to be a red uniform for the home.

DET

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (11/32 Red Wings Added), NBA

Edmonton Oilers

I personally prefer the Oilers in orange as I feel like it helps them stand out from the New York Islanders, but I know they are widely preferred in blue. So I also went with the Gretzky era uniforms for the home and away like the Oilers just did. For the alternates I took the McFarlane uniform and added the previous uniforms darker blue and orange instead of the very bland navy and silver. The away alternate makes orange as the main color. For the throwbacks I went back to the AHL to satisfy myself and give the Oilers a orange home uniform

EDM

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

Florida Panthers

The Panthers current uniforms have grown on since they've been in use. I hated them when they were originally rolled out, but I can say I enjoy them now. So they stay as is for the home and away. The home alternate is the teams previous reverse retro, but now with the updated leaping cat logo and then the away alternate is a red version. For the throwback I decided to go with the early 00's so that I could put the leaping cat breaking the stick on the red jersey. Now I was originally going to have the alternates and regular home and away be swapped, but I couldn't see a red jersey being the regularly designated away uniform, but with this new uniform system they could theoretically use the alternates more often anyway

FLA

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (13/32 Panthers Added), NBA

Los Angeles Kings

So this might be the biggest overhaul in this entire series. I did what people have been calling for for years and returned the Kings to Forum Blue and Gold. The home and away were originally going to be their Reverse Retro uniform, but the logo didn't feel modern enough for a team in the current day. So I recolored their current crown and made the uniform into a modern version of their original uniforms. The alternate home and away are then recolorings of their current home and away. The throwback uniforms are then the teams original uniforms

LAK

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (14/32 Kings Added), NBA
3 hours ago, johne9109 said:

Los Angeles Kings

So this might be the biggest overhaul in this entire series. I did what people have been calling for for years and returned the Kings to Forum Blue and Gold. The home and away were originally going to be their Reverse Retro uniform, but the logo didn't feel modern enough for a team in the current day. So I recolored their current crown and made the uniform into a modern version of their original uniforms. The alternate home and away are then recolorings of their current home and away. The throwback uniforms are then the teams original uniforms

LAK

Yes! Yes! Yes!

• Like 1

Minnesota Wild

The home uniform for the wild is untouched the away uniform however is given the wheat color treatment and the striping is done to match the home uniform. The home alternate is a take on their alternate from the late 00's. I recolored it to make green the main color and then created a wheat version for the away. Their previous alternate is then used in the throwback slot as it is a feauxback essentially and it's better than their Winter Classic uniform. This is also given a wheat away version. I didn't do a North Stars throwback as they are technically the Dallas Stars franchise. I would've loved to see the North Stars as well, but it didn't fit the rules I sent for myself in this series. 

MIN

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (14/32 Wild Added), NBA

Montreal Canadiens

The Habs are one of those teams that are considered untouchable, but their asymmetrical home and away uniforms have always really bothered me. So the home uniform stays and then gets a matching away uniform with the chest striping. The current away uniform is then moved down to the alternate away and given a matching home uniform. Now with the home alternate I know I'll probably be crucified for it, but I liked what Montreal did with their Reverse Retro so I made the alternate blue as well. I think it works as an alternate for the Habs. The Home throwback is then a throwback to the 20's and then given a white away version that also takes some cues form the 2016 Winter Classic uniform.

MTL

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (15/32 Canadiens Added), NBA

Nashville Predators

I think the Preds have one of the more underrated uniforms in the NHL right now and only gets the hate is does because they have bold color choices. So the home and away are kept intact. The home alternate is a take on their original uniforms with the away alternate being based on the teams previous Reverse Retro. The home and away throwback uniforms are based on the teams winter classic uniforms

NSH

ZUH86xc.png