Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (30/30 Wizards Added)

johne9109

New Jersey Devils

The Devils home and away take a simple step back a design phase; bringing back the original waist striping instead of the current thin stripes at the bottom of the jersey. The Alternate uniforms are based off of the New Jersey "Jersey" Jersey, but with some modifications. I added more red into the uniform and used the teams logo over the Jersey wordmark. For the away alternate I though about making it red, but with how many teams use red I decided to just go with a white uniform. The Throwback uniforms are based of their inaugural Jersey uniforms with the green instead of black

NJD

• Like 4

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (17/32 Devils Added), NBA

New York Islanders

Islanders home and away stay as is; no need to change anything there. For the Home alternate I decided to go with the Fisherman design, but with the classic logo and using the royal blue. I know there are A LOT of people who dislike the fisherman design, but it's easily the best alternate the Islanders have had and I really like the Fisherman look. For the away alternate instead of doing a white uniform I went with a teal look. The throwback uniforms were a tough choice as I knew I wanted to keep the Islanders current look which is essentially their original look. So I went with the original navy blue uniform as it was the first change for the Islanders after the Fisherman look

NYI

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (19/32 Islanders Added), NBA
10 hours ago, johne9109 said:

New Jersey Devils

The Devils home and away take a simple step back a design phase; bringing back the original waist striping instead of the current thin stripes at the bottom of the jersey. The Alternate uniforms are based off of the New Jersey "Jersey" Jersey, but with some modifications. I added more red into the uniform and used the teams logo over the Jersey wordmark. For the away alternate I though about making it red, but with how many teams use red I decided to just go with a white uniform. The Throwback uniforms are based of their inaugural Jersey uniforms with the green instead of black

NJD

While the home and away alts aren't my favorites as a Devils fan, this is all I've been asking for for the main two. It's very well done.

23 hours ago, johne9109 said:

Nashville Predators

I think the Preds have one of the more underrated uniforms in the NHL right now and only gets the hate is does because they have bold color choices. So the home and away are kept intact. The home alternate is a take on their original uniforms with the away alternate being based on the teams previous Reverse Retro. The home and away throwback uniforms are based on the teams winter classic uniforms

NSH

No… The Preds jerseys are bad. The striping is boring and significantly worse than the Reebok edge set. Of all the teams to change the primaries, you should have changed the Preds. 

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

19 hours ago, Djruggs said:

While the home and away alts aren't my favorites as a Devils fan, this is all I've been asking for for the main two. It's very well done.

Yeah it's not my favorite either (of I was completely redesigning alts for them I would've went 2 tone black and red) but anything is better than the Jersey jersey. Thanks

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

New York Rangers

The Rangers are another team that have a truly iconic look, but one thing has always bothered me and that's the asymmetrical striping on the home and away uniforms. So I decided to make the uniforms match just a little more. The Home alternate is then the Lady Liberty uniform. I'm not the biggest fan of the Lady Liberty uniform, but I know people love it and it's easily the best choice in an alternate uniform. The away alternate gets a silver base as I felt it fit better than white. The away throwback is the 2012 Winter Classic uniform and gets a blue version for the home throwback.

NYR

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (20/32 Rangers Added), NBA

Ottawa Senators

The Senators did the right thing going back to their original uniforms so I stuck with that change and kept their home and away uniforms. The one change I did make is using the updated version of their original logo that they never used on a uniform for some reason. For the home alternate I took the black alternate form the early 2000's and then made a red version to go with it for the away alternate.  The home throwback is their alternate from the 10's which of course takes cues from the original Senators and the away throwback is the 2014 Heritage Classic uniform.

OTT

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (21/32 Senators Added), NBA

Philadelphia Flyers

The Flyers have a unique home and away uniform that many other teams would've changed by now, but the Flyers stuck with it and now it's become a classic look so they stay as is. The Flyers 2019 Stadium Series uniform becomes the away alternate and the home alternate becomes a mainly black version. The 2012 Winter Classic uniform becomes the home throwback and gets a off white counterpart for the away throwback. 

phi

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (22/32 Flyers Added), NBA

Pittsburgh Penguins

The Pens have a great set that is classic yet modern and stands apart from the Boston Bruins so it stays as is for the home and away. The alternates are based off of the Robo Penguin uniforms form the 90's . The home alternate is given a black base while the away alternate is given a yellow base. The home and away throwbacks are the teams second uniforms from the late 60's

PIT

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (23/32 Penguins Added), NBA

San Jose Sharks

The Sharks recent rebranding was a step in the right direction for the team, but not quite where they should be. So I started with bringing back black equipment. My next step was to bring in more grey. A lot of people like to bring in more orange, but I think they need to mostly drop orange and use grey more as it's probably the color most associated with sharks. So the teal is dropped from the shark in the logo and replaced with grey and the striping is modified as well. The away uniform uses a grey uniform instead of a white uniform. The home alternate is the stealth uniform kept as is and is made teal for the away alternate. The throwback uniforms are their inaugural uniforms from 1991

SJS

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (24/32 Sharks Added), NBA

Seattle Kraken

The Seattle Kraken brand is lacking to me and not what I would've went with when designing this team. If this was a redesigning series the Kraken would get some changes for sure, but that's not this series so the home and away stay in place. With the alternates however I was able to get a little creative. I decided to go with a gradient design to mimic the deep sea with the home alternate going to the darker end of the gradient and the away alternate going towards the lighter side of the gradient. The anchor logo is also featured on the front of the jersey. The home throwback is a take on the Seattle Metropolitans. With the Kraken not being a direct tie to the Metropolitans I figured I could do more of a Reverse Retro styled look. The away throwback is a similar concept but this time inspired by the Seattle Totems uniform from the 60's

SEA

• Like 3

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (25/32 Kraken Added), NBA

St Louis Blues

One of the biggest gripes about the Blues is the use of two shades of blue. So what I did for the home and away is just dropped the dark blue and I gotta say it works. It looks modern, yet classic at the same time. For the alternate I took inspiration form the 90's uniforms, but dropped the god awful red and just stuck to the blue, yellow, and white in what ends up being an actually pretty cool looking uniform. If the Reverse Retro program continues I'd like to see the Blues do something similar. The throwbacks of course are the teams original uniforms

STL

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (26/32 Blues Added), NBA