Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (30/30 Wizards Added)

johne9109

Tampa Bay Lightning

Tampa may be the most agreed upon team to need a redesign. Unfortunately with them winning back to back Stanley Cups I don't see them switching uniforms any time soon. This however is my own series so I can do what I want with the team. So for the home and away I came up with these combinations of their home, away, and alternate from the late 00's. I kept blue as the main color and the striping from the alternate, but using the logos from the home and away uniforms. The teams current uniforms are completely ditched as they are modified and used as the alternate uniforms. I brought the black and grey back into the mix to help them stand out formt he Leafs. The throwbacks are the teams original uniforms

TBL

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (27/32 Lightning Added), NBA

Toronto Maple Leafs

The original 6 NHL teams fall into two categories; 1. teams that have done very little tot heir uniforms making them untouchable classics i.e. the Habs and Rangers, or 2. they've had many different looks over the years, but have finally settled into a timeless look i.e. the Bruins and Blackhawks. The Leafs fall into the latter category. They have other uniforms that I prefer, but their current uniform had a lot of thought put into it and it really fits their branding. So the home and away stay as is. Now as I said; the Leafs have had many different uniforms throughout the years so their alternates are also throwbacks in a sense. I went with their 1967 Stanley Cup uniforms. I have always preferred this style logo and why not go with the uniform they wore when they last won the Cup. The home throwback is the Arenas uniform from the late 1910's while the away throwback is the St. Pats from just a few years later

TOR

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (28/32 Leafs Added), NBA

Vancouver Canucks

For the Canucks home and away I kept them mostly the same except I replaced the Orca with Johnny Canuck. I don't know what the aversion is to this logo, but to me it's historic and is most representative of the team name (especially more than an orca) The alternates are based on their uniforms from the 70's with some of the current branding and logos added in. The throwbacks are from the 90's Bure era

VAN

• Like 3

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (29/32 Canucks Added), NBA

Vegas Golden Knights

I love that the Golden Knights have made their gold alternate their main uniform have moved to grey equipment. It gives them a more unique look and I feel like this was more inline with some of the teams original ideas, but decided not to because it is a very in your face look. So I kept the gold as the home uniform and completely dropped black as you can see in the away uniform. For the alternates I took what they did with the reverse retro and made a grey uniform for the home and a gold version for the away. For the throwback I was able to come up with something completely original and decided to base it on the Las Vegas Gamblers. I went with grey at home and a white away

VGK

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (30/32 Golden Knights Added), NBA

Washington Capitals

The Caps might be the only NHL team that gets their current look completely dropped. The Capitals look has looked terrible since they first introduced it back in 07. It was nice to see a return to the red and blue, but the striping horrible and the wordmark, while a nice nod to the original logo, looks dated. So I decided to make the alternate uniform from the late 90's the home and away uniform. I kept the current blue and red colors, but everything else is from the older uniform. The home main color is blue as well as it works better for the striping and design rather than red. For the alternates I took the teams Reverse Retro and made it the home away and made a white version for the away. I was originally going to have this as the home and away, but the Capital building logo fits the teams branding better as a main uniform IMO. I also dropped the CAPITALS wordmark out of the striping on the front of the jersey. The throwbacks are of course the teams original uniforms

WSH

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (31/32 Capitals Added), NBA

Winnipeg Jets

The Jets home uniform is based on their 2019 Heritage Classic uniform and their away uniform is based on their 2016 Heritage Classic uniform. These are just amazing uniforms and deserve to be in heavy rotation for the Jets; if not their main uniforms. I did make a change of logo to their logo from the 90's. Their current uniforms aren't completely dropped as they are recolored and moved to alternate status. The throwback uniforms are the teams original NHL uniforms

WPG

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Jets Added), NBA

So with that the NHL is done. I am going to be taking a break from this series. I originally tried to get the NHL done before the season started and I exhausted myself trying to do that. I will come back to it soon to complete the NBA, but I'm gonna try some more creative things in the interim 

ZUH86xc.png

• 3 weeks later...

And we're back! Let's start it off with the Hawks

For the home and away I kept their recent redesign as it is a great look. Only change I made was I brought back the previous uniforms font as it felt more modern and is great lettering (I realize I swapped the wordmarks on the jerseys) The alternates are a combination of their city edition from last season and their uniforms from the 90's. I dropped the gradient and went for a yellow base for the home alt and black for the away alt. For the throwbacks I personally prefer the blue and green uniforms, but I realize the 80's uniforms are the more beloved, and go better with the entire set. 

ATL

• Like 3
  • Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (1/30 Hawks Added)

Boston Celtics

For the C's I wanted to do something different for them. So often we see the Celtics play the safe route with their uniforms and that often carries over to concepts as well. So for the home uniform I based it on the 2018 City Edition and the away uniform in the Earned Edition from the same year. The Celtics have used yellow as a tertiary color in much of their branding for years except for in uniforms. I really like the yellow so it makes sense to make it a permanent color in their uniforms. For the Alternate uniforms I based them off of the 2019 City Edition. I know A LOT of people did not like these uniforms, but it fits so well into the Celtics moniker and I'm honestly tired of the black uniforms. For the throwback uniforms I went back to the 40's; mainly because I like the clovers on the shorts and kind of prefer the older font. What is nice about this series is that in theory the teams could use any of the jerseys as they wish. So even though it's labeled as a throwback that could be the main uniforms that the Celtics wear; therefore not disruptive the purists all that much

BOS

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (2/30 Celtics Added)

Brooklyn Nets

The Nets get a bit of an overhaul for their uniforms. I feel the black and white is really bland so for their home and away I combined their 2016 Alternate and their classic uniforms from the 80's; bringing back the red white and blue color scheme to the modernization of the stars and stripes design. The current Brooklyn branding isn't completely dropped as the home alternate is based on their 2019 city edition well as the away alternate being based on the 2018 city edition. I kept the graffiti font on both jerseys to give it that little bit more of Brooklyn flair. The home and away throwbacks are the teams 90's uniforms

BKN

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (3/30 Nets Added)

Charlotte Hornets

Nothing changes for the Home and away as I feel the Hornets have finally figured out how their uniforms should look since becoming the Hornets once again. The home alternate is based on 2020 City Edition. I loved this uniform and I felt like it's one of the fewer city edition uniforms that actually take inspiration from the city they play rather than just throwing a nickname on the front. The away alternate is a gold version of the same uniform. The throwbacks are of course their original uniforms

CLT

• Like 3

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (4/30 Hornets Added)

Chicago Bulls

One of the most iconic looks in the NBA is left mostly untouched. The only change with the home and away uniforms is that I dropped the city flag off of the waistband of the shorts (it feels like it breaks up the design is only there because other teams have a logo there) The away alternate is the beloved pinstripe uniform and is given a red version for the home alternate. The throwback uniforms are from the 70's giving the team the script jersey for the away throwback.

CHI

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (5/30 Bulls Added)

The mint jerseys are fine, solid even, but the Hornets aren't known for those colors and to be honest? The whole "mint" thing wasn't a thing until around 2019/2020 when it got huge for some reason. I don't think a gold jersey would look good on the court anyway so I'd rather have a purple jersey.

• Like 3

the user formerly known as cdclt

Cleveland Cavaliers

For the Cavs I easily dropped their new home and away uniforms for obvious reasons. I went back to their previous set of uniforms but changed up the lettering and number font to be something closer to the C logo font. For the alternates I took the Lebron era uniforms and modified them a bit. I dropped the extra striping and made the colors match the home and away uniforms. The home throwback is from the late 80's with the net logo and the away throwback is from the 70's

CLE

ZUH86xc.png