Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (32/32), NHL (32/32 Complete), NBA (30/30 Wizards Added)

johne9109

On 8/20/2022 at 8:10 AM, johne9109 said:

Carolina Panthers

One thing that's always bothered me about the Panthers is that they have this beautiful color in their blue, but it's always been a secondary color. I get the reasoning is that panthers are black so that's why they wear black mainly, but it's such a great shade of blue that I made it the primary color for the home and away uniforms. There is still a black uniform in the form of the alternate home and we also get a silver uniform in the alternate away. The throwback uniforms are from the 00's; I went with these over their original uniforms as I felt the sleeve striping was more unique. 

CIUpyHi.jpg

I get what you're going for with the Carolina blue on the helmet, but something about it just doesn't add up...maybe it reminds me too much of the Lions. I personally think that black would look better with the home and away to distinguish themselves from the Lions - the alt's look great too!

• Like 1

rAUPGPZ.png

1 hour ago, GrayJ12 said:

I get what you're going for with the Carolina blue on the helmet, but something about it just doesn't add up...maybe it reminds me too much of the Lions. I personally think that black would look better with the home and away to distinguish themselves from the Lions - the alt's look great too!

Yeah I could see that, but the Lions use more of the grey than the Panthers and almost no black so I think it would stand out enough. I definitely wouldn't put the away alternate up against the Lions. I could maybe put a black helmet with the home and away, but I like the blue home jersey. You also then get three different striping patterns (blue and silver on the helmet, black and silver on the jersey and blue and black on the pants) so I probably wouldn't.

YzvjhpR.png

ZUH86xc.png

Denver Broncos

I, like a lot of people, feel like the Broncos are in need of a rebrand, but I'm not sure what. I tried some different things, but couldn't come up with something that didn't feel derivative of something else. So I stuck with what they have. They've had it for so long now and is a unique look that I didn't feel terrible leaving it in place. The navy blue is designated as the home uniform while the orange with an accompanying white uniform. The home alternate is a navy blue color rush set while the away alternate is an orange set. The home throwback is from the 60's with the goofy bronco logo that I love and the away throwback is beloved uniform from the 70's and 80's.

One thing I do really like about this set is that it gives the Broncos 2 blue, 2 orange, and 2 white uniforms overall.

D1IqkyW.jpg

• Hurl 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (10/32 Broncos Added), NHL, NBA

Detroit Lions

I really like the current look for the Lions. It feels fresh and classic at the same time; if that makes any sense. So the home and away stay essentially as is, except I dropped all white out of the away uniform (except in the logo). The home alternate is all blue and the away alternate is all grey. The home throwback goes back to the 30's while the away throwback is from the 50's

Fhgnt48.jpg

ZUH86xc.png

9 hours ago, GrayJ12 said:

Now that I've got Detroit done we can look at them side by side and I think they'd be fine. I think they both stand distinctly enough apart that a matchup between the two wouldn't be confusing

nO0I5Tg.png

wuwWiI3.png

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (11/32 Lions Added), NHL, NBA

Green Bay Packers

You can't touch the Packers uniforms they are wonderfully designed and have a great color combination. So the home and away stay as is. With that being said the Packers could use something new and different so I designed alternates that are a combination of their color rush uniforms and their uniforms from the 40's. The home is majority green while the away is mainly yellow. The home throwback is of course the original Acme Packers uniform with the away throwback being from the 50's

LACAsU4.jpg

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (12/32 Packers Added), NHL, NBA

Houston Texans

I mad a big change for the Texans to help set them apart from the other blue and red teams; especially since I shifted the Bills back to navy blue. So the Red uniforms become their home uniforms and the away uniform is recolored to match. The home alternate keeps the red jersey but is a bit more blue forward with the pants,gelmet, and numbers now being blue and is given a white counterpart in the away alternate.  Now for the throwbacks I decided to go with the WFL Houston Texans and gave it the current teams colors. I usually try to keep the throwbacks historically accurate, but with this being an adaptation from  completely different team I felt ok with the recoloring. 

rWGRRms.jpg

• Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (13/32 Texans Added), NHL, NBA

Indianapolis Colts

No need to reinvent the wheel with the Colts so the home and away stay as is. With the away uniform being all white I decided to make the home alternate all blue and then make the away alternate a white jersey with the blue pants; giving them an alternating look with their uniforms. The home throwback is from 1956 with an interesting logo placement on the helmet and the away throwback being from a few years earlier in 1953

XJMoFCR.jpg

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (14/32 Colts Added), NHL, NBA

Jacksonville Jaguars

The Jags are a team that I feel are in need of a rebrand but I'm not quite sure what that should be. I tried playing around with a jaguar print similar to the Bengals, but that just came off as tacky. So instead I gave them black shoulders with a gold stripe kind of as an evolution of their original jerseys. Everything else stays pretty much the same. For the alternates I went back to their previous sets of uniforms and made some alterations to those uniforms. I liked that these uniforms were military inspired with Jacksonville being a military city, but it's a Naval base and the uniforms always felt more Army inspired so I replaced the shield logo with a Jaguars inspired version of the Navy's Air Warfare insignia. The shoulders then get a recolor of the Navy's NWU pattern. I kept the pants pretty much as they were and I'm not sure if I like it or not. They're not bad, but they're not great. If anyone has suggestions on pants for the alternates I'm welcome to ideas. The throwbacks are both taken from the teams original uniforms

jIgpFEw.jpg

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (15/32 Jaguars Added), NHL, NBA

Kansas City Chiefs

The Chiefs have had a pretty consistent look throughout the years so there wasn't a whole lot to do here. We get a regular home and away and a all red home alt and a all white away alt. I thought about doing a yellow away alternate. but it didn't fit the Chiefs brand at all. The throwbacks are from the 60's before the jersey had any striping

5liy26M.jpg

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (16/32 Chiefs Added), NHL, NBA
3 hours ago, BlueMoon18 said:

I like what you're doing with KC, but I had another Idea for the throwbacks. Would a recolor of the Kansas City Blues/Cowboys unis be too extreme or not?

It's possible. I've been trying to keep the throwbacks to within the actual franchise itself, i.e. why I did Expos throwbacks for the Nationals, but it would help provide something truly different for the Chiefs

ZUH86xc.png

Las Vegas Raiders

As much of a joke to people that the Raiders are their look is classic; especially to quite a few out on the west coast. So Their home and away are left in tact and then the alternate home gets an all black and the away alternate is a all grey look. The Raiders get two interesting throwbacks. The home throwback is from 1962 and gives them a unique black and gold look (which I think would be a nice connection to their NHL sister organization). The away throwback is from the following year and is a different looking white uniform that employs both black and grey as secondary colors

fwJFlLO.jpg 

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (17/32 Raiders Added), NHL, NBA

LA Chargers

This might be my favorite of the NFL sets I've done so far. The Chargers have a nice even set of uniforms with the home uniforms using the sky blue, the alternates featuring a royal blue, and the throwbacks using a navy blue. The current home and away stay as they are. The color rush uniform becomes the home alternate while it gets a white jersey counterpart. The home throwback is from the 80's and the away throwback being from the 60's

GRRiBlx.jpg

• Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (18/32 Chargers Added), NHL, NBA

LA Rams

If there's a team that is more unsure of it's branding it's the Rams. They have had so many different looks throughout their history without landing on one solid design for too long. While I don't mind their current look; to me it's too close to the Chargers who they play in the same stadium as. So I made some changes to their look. I went back to their previous horn designs on their helmet and jersey and replaced the yellow with the gold they used in St. Louis and modified the blue to a shade that's in between their current blue and the navy blue they used in St. Louis. Otherwise the home and away are the same as far as the layout of the uniforms. The home alternate is an all blue uniform while the away alternate gets a gold jersey. The home throwback is from the late 40's and then for the away throwback we get the blue and white look from the 60's

ccRyay7.jpg

• Hurl 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (19/32 Rams Added), NHL, NBA

Miami Dolphins

When I originally planned out the Dolphins uniforms I went back to the Dolphins original logo, but then I saw @AHcreative redesigning of the Dolphins logo. It was such a great design that combined the original logo and the new logo that I asked if I could use it and he granted permission so here it is. The home and away stay as they are except for the new logo on the helmet. I kept the current logo on the sleeves as I thought it was a unique look. The home alternate is an all teal look with a colored helmet as well and the away alternate is an all orange look as well. I thought about swapping the home and away alternates, but I thought it was better keeping the teal at home. The home throwback goes back to the 70's and the away throwback is the uniform from the undefeated season

eFqTtiN.jpg

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (20/32 Dolphins Added), NHL, NBA

Minnesota Vikings

For the home and away I went back to their previous style jerseys. I really liked the horn shape striping on the jerseys. I didn't completely drop their current look however as it is the basis for the alternates. The home alternate is an all purple look and in a daring choice I went with an all yellow look for the away alternate. The home throwback is from the 60's and the away throwback is from a decade later

Z7f6WUc.jpg

• Hate 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (21/32 Vikings Added), NHL, NBA

New England Patriots

The Pats have taken some good steps in changing their uniform; however they're not quite where I'd like the uniforms to be. So with the home and away I restored the original palette but kept blue as the primary color. There's this concept logo of an updated Pat Patriot logo so I decided to use that for the helmet logo. I've felt the Patriots need to do something like this as they've moved to uniforms that more closely resemble the old uniforms. The alternate uniforms are a combination of the navy uniforms and the original flying elvis uniforms. The numbers and fonts are taken from the 90's uniforms while everything else is taken from the Brady era uniforms. I thought about keeping the colors that were used in the 90's but it didn't look right so I went with the navy instead. The home and away throwbacks are of course the red uniforms. I went with the 80's and 90's version as I like the striping on the shoulders and I feel like it keeps with the home and away branding

iY8zfP0.jpg

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to Unifying the MLB (30/30) NFL (22/32 Patriots Added), NHL, NBA

The Vikings look is a major downgrade. Those side panels were awful… I would stick with something similar to today or the 90’s. 

And the purple throwbacks should have the yellow in the striping to be a true throwback. 

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

16 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

The Vikings look is a major downgrade. Those side panels were awful… I would stick with something similar to today or the 90’s. 

And the purple throwbacks should have the yellow in the striping to be a true throwback. 

I get that but this my series and my preferences, but I understand others may not like them. The home throwbacks do have a yellow stroke like the jerseys that they were based on (which are linked) White and yellow are just had to see against each other

xwIQgPp.png

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png