Miami Dolphins Logo Refresh

AHcreative

Hey all! I recently put together a logo for the Dolphins that I'm looking to get some feedback on. It pretty much speaks for itself in the evolutionary line of NFL logos finding their roots in a throwback inspired era.

I wanted to combine all elements of the 'Phins logo history to create a solid brand for the franchise. 

Please let me know what you think. Thank you! 

eflBpOn.png

• Like 21

I think this is an excellent start! It’s pretty close to being right on. The only two things I’d call out are the tail and eye; I think the part of the tail that leads into the flipper(? - don’t know what it’s called haha) is a little too fat. Notice how it narrows and tapers down into the flipper(?) on the other logos, I think something more like that will nail it. And then with the eye, I think it’s sitting a bit too high up in the head. If it’s brought down a little closer to the mouth, I think that will be a bit more anatomically correct. 

With those two edits, I think you’ll be on your way to a perfect Dolphins logo. Again, really great start here! You’re absolutely on the right track.

• Like 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I agree with everything FinsUp said. Those two edits are pretty much all you need to do to have a great update of the Dolphins classic logo. Maybe define the beak/mouth a little bit more too? It’s definitely a really good start

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, AHcreative said:

I see what you all were talking about. 

Here's an update:

jBom8xi.png

This is perfect. Really good job, I think this is much better than what they currently have. Perfect hybrid of the modern Dolphin design and classic/vintage Dolphin and Helmet logo.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/21/2022 at 7:40 PM, ramsjetsthunder said:

Needs a gap in the thick white streak where the arm is

You know what? You're right.

You think a smaller gap between the fish and the sun, and a larger gap between the helmet and dolphin head, would also be beneficial?

Nevertheless, I got to working on it and came up with this. I know there are some edges to clean, but I wanted some feedback,

I fixed some line widths and updated the 'M' on the helmet a bit. 

l7M5IbM.png

Am I on the right track?

Or am I a little 'Wide Right?' /sorrynotsorry

Option 3 is the way to go, having the stripe go all the way through the dolphin's body looks off for some reason. The helmet M on options 1 and 2 feels more cohesive, though. Amazing refresh across the board, I'd be thrilled if the Dolphins went with a similar logo in the future.

• Like 3

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

I strongly prefer option 2 the way you originally had with the curved white line extending from the tail all the way to the mouth. That line is a memorable, clean way to stylize the mouth and should be kept. It doesn't make the body look off to me. It's a great looking logo.

Option 3 is a downgrade because the white line indicating the mouth is too thin and it loses that uniqueness in option 2.

Option 1: the back of the body that flows into the tail is too thick.

One suggestion: on the helmet, you have a thin white line separating the helmet from the teal dolphin. Why not just let the teal on the helmet and the body connect and get rid of the unnecessary thin white line so the whole logo has consistent line widths throughout?

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...