MLB x NIKE Refresh (New York Mets City Connect)

MJD7

On 11/23/2022 at 3:27 PM, gosioux76 said:

I think using that patch, you'd end up with the same white vs. cream conflict that would make it unappealing. 

Yeah, probably. Here's an idea I like better: making the flags dual-colored.

7D4HLz9.png

I left the letters and the inside sleeve stripe white, as I feel like it works better when the white is surrounded by red & navy.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Applause 2

• 5 months later...

Atlanta Braves City Connect

I honestly think their uniform is fine, so I wouldn't change anything, but I added a black & red version, which fits with the color scheme I gave them and is a more fitting civic color scheme for the city of Atlanta.

jYWg1oO.png

rRYE9T7.png

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Atlanta Braves City Connect)

Texas Rangers City Connect

I like the Rangers' City uniform, so I just added the "rope" striping from the socks onto the sleeves. Like the Braves, I also added a "team-colors" version because I couldn't decide which I liked better.

7lZYyvV.png

EsWkiio.png

• Like 7

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Atlanta Braves & Texas Rangers City Connects)

Seattle Mariners City Connect

The M's new City Connect jersey is pretty much perfect, it's the pants where things go south. I just changed the black to navy & replaced the patch with the new "M-trident."

UkiwKf4.png

I'll likely be back with an attempt at a full redesigned set in the navy & teal inspired by this design.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Seattle Mariners City Connect)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Seattle Mariners City Connect & Redesign)
1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

I think I prefer my original neo-retro concept, but this wouldn't be a bad premise for an M's redesign:

k979JxU.png

JHKY26A.png

zsHHsjH.png

JX25xb8.png

In an age where a lot of team redesigns are going for more minimal designs this works vey well. It gets rid of many of the extrenuous design elements, but still has a design that is distinctly Seattle Mariners. Great job!

• Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

12 hours ago, MJD7 said:

zsHHsjH.png

JX25xb8.png

That teal alt is a thing of beauty! I love what you did here.

I do feel like the navy alt could use some white or maybe a lighter gray added to have the word mark stand out more from the navy. It's a bit muddled for me as is. I would totally be down for the Mariners switching to these for good though, so well done.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, johne9109 said:

In an age where a lot of team redesigns are going for more minimal designs this works vey well. It gets rid of many of the extrenuous design elements, but still has a design that is distinctly Seattle Mariners. Great job!

Thanks! I tend to agree, I think this would be a solid approach if the Mariners were to get a (needed) redesign.

11 hours ago, Megildur said:

That teal alt is a thing of beauty! I love what you did here.

I do feel like the navy alt could use some white or maybe a lighter gray added to have the word mark stand out more from the navy. It's a bit muddled for me as is. I would totally be down for the Mariners switching to these for good though, so well done.

Thank you!

Your feedback of the navy alt is very fair, I'm honestly not as in love with the silver/teal beveling as I thought I'd be. Something like this would probably be better, and would be more cohesive with the rest of the set:

k7xTZWN.png

My only issue with it is that there isn't much teal, but I suppose that's okay for this one jersey, since the rest of the set features it a bit more prominently than the team currently does. Thanks again for the feedback!

• Like 5
  • Love 3

The compass dotting the i interrupts the natural curvature of the wordmark and kinda clashes with the way everything else is rendered.  I'd ditch it.  If it needs to be forced in there, maybe work it into a sleeve patch rather than a redundant M that appears 3 times on some uniforms, and twice on others.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

54 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Thanks! I tend to agree, I think this would be a solid approach if the Mariners were to get a (needed) redesign.

Thank you!

Your feedback of the navy alt is very fair, I'm honestly not as in love with the silver/teal beveling as I thought I'd be. Something like this would probably be better, and would be more cohesive with the rest of the set:

k7xTZWN.png

My only issue with it is that there isn't much teal, but I suppose that's okay for this one jersey, since the rest of the set features it a bit more prominently than the team currently does. Thanks again for the feedback!

One solution for the lack of teal on the navy alt would be to add a third teal stripe to the sleeves and collar. Might not be a bad idea to add a third stripe to the other three jerseys, as well. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BBTV said:

The compass dotting the i interrupts the natural curvature of the wordmark and kinda clashes with the way everything else is rendered.  I'd ditch it.  If it needs to be forced in there, maybe work it into a sleeve patch rather than a redundant M that appears 3 times on some uniforms, and twice on others.

To be honest I think the Mariners wordmark looks like it's missing something without the dot to the "i." The redundancy of the M-trident is a valid criticism though, as that was something I was concerned with going in as well. Originally I had a compass rose S logo prepared, as the sock leak suggested they were going with:

dWb0EzY.png

Maybe this patch would work better on the home & alternate jerseys.

7 hours ago, coco1997 said:

One solution for the lack of teal on the navy alt would be to add a third teal stripe to the sleeves and collar. Might not be a bad idea to add a third stripe to the other three jerseys, as well. 

If I were to add a teal stripe on the navy alt, then I would need to add a navy stripe as well, as I wouldn't want the teal touching the white or silver, just as it does not in the wordmark. In my opinion, that would be a bit too strange of a striping pattern to add in. I went with the two-stripe pattern because previous Mariners jerseys have used it

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Cincinnati Reds City Connect)
7 hours ago, CDCLT said:

Nice change for Cincy. Any chance we could see a color swapped version with a red base and black text?

Sure thing, I toned down the red just a bit for this one because I felt that pure, bright red would be a bit much for a full jersey.

m3e8ISZ.png

• Like 5

3 hours ago, CDCLT said:

Yeah, that's not as good as I was hoping. Good call on toning down the red, too.

I updated the background to be black, if that helps at all. Both being red was a lot.

3 hours ago, mrcubfan415 said:

What about a white wordmark on this version instead of black?

Sure, reminds me of my Canada baseball jersey:

kNWSopg.png

• Like 7