Championship Teams in the "WRONG UNIFORM"

On 10/1/2023 at 8:48 AM, TheBigFiz21 said:

I'm more on the side of this feeling wrong only because the Cubs had to clinch on the road instead of at home. If this series goes down the same way with Game 7 at Wrigley, rest assured they are wearing their classic home white.

Even then, I don't feel that this was as bad as say, the 2016 Cavs in black when clinching their title, for instance.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I do have one recent pick that I wish went differently: 2022 Astros. Personally, it feels weird to see them win the title with what began as a BP jersey and is now a glorified alternate instead of putting on their home white or the orange alternate.

Houston Astros top Philadelphia Phillies 4-1 in Game 6 to win World Series

I agree with this one - winning the 2017 WS in the orange alts was acceptable, but it just felt bleh with them winning the WS with this jersey in 2022.

Also, since they are back in the playoffs, the Marlins winning the 2003 WS in their black alts always felt odd and bland for me...
spacer.png

• Like 1

rAUPGPZ.png

spacer.png

This uniform needed to remain an alt.

spacer.png

(This might ruffle some feathers) This Calgary uniform was absolutely the "wrong" look for the franchise. Black has no place anywhere in the Flames' identity.

spacer.png

spacer.png

After so many Super Bowls in the Brady-era uniforms, these Pats uniforms just look weird in a Super Bowl.

spacer.png

The Ravens just HAD to win a Super Bowl in the black yoga pants that never should have existed in the first place.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

On 6/22/2022 at 2:37 PM, MilSox said:

I think this is the right uniform for THAT Niners team.  No Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott, Roger Craig, or Charles Haley. This was a completely different squad than the ones that won all the Super Bowls in the 80s. Which is kind of amazing considering they were only 5 years removed from the last one.

Off the top of my head, 49ers holdovers from ‘89 to ‘94 were…Steve Young, John Taylor, Jesse Sapolu…am I missing anybody? Was Romanowski still with them in 1994?

On 10/3/2023 at 5:54 PM, GrayJ12 said:

I agree with this one - winning the 2017 WS in the orange alts was acceptable, but it just felt bleh with them winning the WS with this jersey in 2022.

Also, since they are back in the playoffs, the Marlins winning the 2003 WS in their black alts always felt odd and bland for me...
spacer.png

It bothered me how much they went overboard on black in those years, even going from teal pinstripes to black pinstripes - but that alt at least had the saving grace of the gorgeous silver script with teal and silver double outlines. I loved that script. 

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Off the top of my head, 49ers holdovers from ‘89 to ‘94 were…Steve Young, John Taylor, Jesse Sapolu…am I missing anybody? Was Romanowski still with them in 1994?

RomoCop was with the Eagles in '94. He left the Niners after the 93 season.

rAUPGPZ.png

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Cmon man, you missed an obvious one. Jerry Rice.

On 10/5/2023 at 4:45 AM, ruttep said:

spacer.png

This uniform needed to remain an alt.

I don't envision the Knights ditching gold as their primary home colour anytime soon. I'm sure if we look back in 20 years this will still look like Vegas's "right" uniform.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GrayJ12 said:

RomoCop was with the Eagles in '94. He left the Niners after the 93 season.

Thanks. I was thinking, after I posted that, that Romo was likely an Eagle then. It’s easy to remember his crazy roided ass as a 49er, Bronco, and Raider because he played in Super Bowls with them. Not so with Philly. 

20 hours ago, ruttep said:

Cmon man, you missed an obvious one. Jerry Rice.

Not sure how I managed that one. I guess I just took him so for granted that I forgot to mention him. 

7 minutes ago, dont care said:

Just because you don’t like a uniform, doesn’t make it a “wrong” uniform…

I mean, this is just my opinion. You're free to have your own. It looks "wrong" to me, but that doesn't mean it has to look "wrong" for everyone.

• Eyeroll 1