Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part XL: The Dallas Cowboys, America's Favourite LolCows**

heavybass

I will however post another team in the meanwhile.... to the utter delight of Yinzers everywhere.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

AJFCJaWSarlSM9FccjPjq5cmRr5B5pQwUDVNsLkp

AJFCJaX0Hk8oV2TenpJCZ2t9SQY8ptYsa25GvPPb

In this continunity which is going to make the Steeler faithful very happy is that their 6 Super Bowls still remain untouched.... the most decorated team in the NFL and the epithany of the league.... despite some :censored: named Tom and his New England Pats trying to muscle in on their glory.

Returning to their vintage look in 2020 was something needed on the cards and thankfully in this timeline Art Rooney didn't suddenly die and left his franchise to a con artist.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part XXXV: The Pittsburgh Steelers**
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 6:57 AM, heavybass said:

I believe I've established it by now but I'm mostly lazy in number fonts.

Especially with football concepts where the numbers feature so prominently, it would really take your designs to the next level if you added diversity in number fonts.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, heavybass said:

I'd been hospitalised for a week so sorry if i seem slow.

Dang, that sucks.

BTW, once you're done with this series, you can work on Uni-Watch's next NFL alternate history from the mind of Chris Diamond: "What if the AFL never existed?"

It's only up to 1990, but it looks awesome.

• Like 1

Speaking of which and thanks for those that are patient with this series wrapping up... even if there are doubters and there are few, I still have teams to drop and this one pretty much has stayed consistant in this universe and in real life.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

AJFCJaVkC_uarCHlycZT-aPBPGyS-R_h2-R5NznV

AJFCJaX_Tpvw4fVErUmVyseb6I9JLakqiSmIRgga

The Chiefs have a universal look that is essentially a staple in the AFC West especially they take on the Broncos, the Chargers, the Raiders and the Jaguars.... they have 3 Super Bowls in real life so the struggles of Andy Reid eating good bbqs and certain bad NFL referees having vegas betting pools with Mahomes winning is still real just in the now.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part XXXVI: The Kansas City Chiefs**

And before anyone asks.... I am focusing on the hard task of designing the first uniform of the Bulls... they are the last of the USFL teams and doing the 84-85 uniform is a tough task especially if I have to go ahead and recreate it from scratch.

Speaking of which it's time for a shake up actually.... now things went a bit different for this team for in the early 90's there was a concept that if utilised would of transformed the franchise forever in fact, they would of won a Super Bowl with that look but now in this continunity what if the owner didn't say "This kit is ugly, burn it in the fires of hell."

The Ron Wolfs are real.

GREEN BAY PACKERS

AJFCJaWyNuFZiRz5G9b1hp_tcE4qxiuvnLCflMAJ

AJFCJaXKpgw88UgglquTudHLSnUK0NN2Lp7OyoQ0

For a change I wanted to see what would the Ron Wolf changes would look like in the Modern Packers kit and surprisingly looks decent as you can see.... in a merged league full of gold helmets, the Packers went with their early 90's change and actually kept them for 30+ years.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part XXXVII: The Green Bay Packers**

I think it's time.... time to see what this continunity does to Jacksonville.

JACKSONVILLE BULLS

AJFCJaXm2h4yftxESzZHIzq9A1xJ2erVguRZLqy4The Bulls are an interesting team because of not just the color scheme but of course the premise.... Jacksonville at the time was a hub of sorts between fans of the Bulldogs, the Gators and the Gamecocks... essentially you have three kinds of fans that the team tried to attract and whilst the football may not of been good, the idea of silver, maroon and burnt orange was meant to bring these together and support the team.

Of course this look came back in 1987 with renewed vigor and support from the three owners.

• Like 1

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part XXXVIII: The Jacksonville Bulls**

Late 80's Early 90's Jacksonville saw some changes now that they have adapted to the NFL... the sleeves receiving the first of the changes.

AJFCJaVqhdu_dYerxssQnFo8sRohWYuO4fcyg9yf

Three Owners of the Jacksonville Bulls still support the team and with the power of Bulldog, Gator and Richard.

• Like 1

Mid 90's approaches and the team is not doing well... the three owners have had a massive spat and is now rumored that all three are selling with a local business owner poised to become sole new owner.

The uniforms receive a minor color change as well as alternating pants.

AJFCJaXsdsT-uPlYK7-z7wKKfbWPp3HG9Hqs4VT-

AJFCJaXFGrrPJf6J8JUeVGLEJRi3xkwKruv7z_vf

The locally specific orange is actually Honeybell Orange because they are a thing and the new owner of the Bulls is the owner of the largest citrus packing company in Northeast Florida so it's fitting that he would use his new purchase to shape his vision of the team.... he was able to get a helmet redesign largely thanks to the Nikeification going on with Seattle but there was a clause in said purchase...

The team had to promote Orange... and boy did these promote Orange.

AJFCJaWFZoq9v-UZ2kWb7fc-Ot6gDuVkQHOnW52_

Thoughts?

So those uniforms prior only lasted 2 years in rotation... which co-aligned with 2 very bad seasons of the team losing in terrifying blowouts leaving them at 2-30..... and with the owner of the team discovered to have origins of antisematic purposes, the other owners of the NFL immediately acted and seized the team back with said owner kicked out of the league and into prison.

Hastily finding a temporary owner, they were able to convince one of the previous three owners to take charge again and so the team has a fresh and hopeful future.

AJFCJaVbAKIwo-5pXGTA1pRXheRsHXPmEpdQ6sb3

AJFCJaX_AJL2Hg05-JIC-0RA5B4mm-FPPbhSj0D2

The NFL gets a new owner for the Bulls which is good news, bad news is the new owner is Bob Mcnair.

AJFCJaXAJHssj6xuVoq0vbpQxHU_c6TMrcczTvNu

AJFCJaXTeauTF3jHJl7jXtNghf1btrsrkaJO4toV

This would be the same look that would plague the Bulls for the next 2 decades.... the new orange is basically Vermillion which is a reddish orange as Bob didn't like the Honeydew Orange scheme and neither did NIKE.