Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part XL: The Dallas Cowboys, America's Favourite LolCows**

heavybass

And now we come to the conclusion of the San Diego Jaguars and well there was one set that the damn dirty Khans actually made that was good... and the Jags still wear that uniform here.

AMWts8Ah1ggWz_9nmigySMcVcyzBflWjWepBNdgW

AMWts8D-lE3kWcHQkO3y6j0SdFF-aRZaYWrFbn8R

AMWts8DH3EGqLEp9aC9BqL4GWsrQ6WzGihnSFkXw

This set I wanted to make better due to the fact that minus that god awful helmet, the uniform was actually fine... so with a new black helmet in play that is light deflective, the Jags continue to use teal as the home whilst the black becomes the Alt... the white road is there because I wasn't sure if black pants or teal pants would work.

We are now halfway through this series with 20 teams done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ralphz said:

I'd have been OK with a metallic gold helmet but this looks good too. 

If I had made a metallic gold helmet it would of been a bit oot... The Jags have been a black team at best with teal, white and gold as an accent color... this series I learnt that the Gold had a similar pattern that I could exploit and basically used their black and gold to create the Jags of the west coast.

• Like 1

I've been focusing on USFL teams that are in the NFC but I haven't focused on the AFC branch of the USFL... I'll be changing that now, next up in this series is a team that had one of the more liked logos of the USFL and whose journey took several years to get everyone's respect in the NFL.

Presenting the...

MEMPHIS SHOWBOATS
AMWts8B4yU2wQhK9P77f7c1CGukTCBRmQj6IbYXG

The Showboats that operate in one of the new territories that the NFL hadn't covered in 1987.... a look that would become one of the norms of the league, a side that took a beating for 3 years straight and whose record remains one of the brightest moments of the league's history.

• Like 2

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part XXI: The Memphis Showboats

1995 rolls by and new investment comes to the Showboats... as well as a new look.

AMWts8B444oktlb5FaMPS2Dc_o4mHGkxi7nPFS6B

Unleashing the new Silver Sky colour onto the world... this marked the start of fancy uniforms with striking details, the red changes to Scarlet whilst the White becomes support... Black has been toyed with a return but not for the moment, the theme after all is providing a good show on the field to which the Showboats have been doing for the past 5 seasons.

5 Seasons of winning football.

• Like 3

The 2000's approach and for the Showboats... it's strengthening an established look since the president is an Ohio State alumni who believed that a good look defines performance on the field.

AMWts8Bin3SvO85FMDRTnSI7tliaZCATWQvi3gt2

AMWts8D-V9mFA3B7REQ1Ca_rPpQeVND4yEPtdJWR

Alternating pants come in and more emphasis on the sky silver for home and road travel certainly increases the reputation of the Showboats who have now 10+ years of winning seasons so something is working.

• Like 1

However this good run had to sadly come to an end where as from 2016 their amazing 26 year winning season run ended and they are unfortuately entering a time of mediocrity and bad teams.... the Showboats are also contending against another problem amongst their fanbases known as filthy casuals.

Yes filthy sport casuals, the type where they are most liberal and shouldn't be pandered against... the team unfortuately have pandered to that 5%.

So for everyone else, the logo changes slightly as it's now in a degreed angle... trying to make the logo exciting.

AMWts8CFfeMI7wK4SU3TjjzeXBjOTq_Bia_ySI84

AMWts8BiKp3P-jRBhsAQlkNFS3n5mZ37JZ2eWCpl

AMWts8BD82h_UA4X07HzGs9B8AB5SuLvreSgMRdE

Life right now is harsh for the Showboats.... fan relations are a low and the management is considering relocation as a last resort but then again there is a dedicated group trying to get the Showboats to stay in Memphis.

• Like 1

Moving right along into the next USFL team... a team that lost one of it's rivals but gained another one in the Oilers.

SAN ANTONIO GUNSLINGERS

AMWts8BpWyCIPEZiiHFPqSaI_3qzF6y0Sb33_7ow

The Dinky Daltons of San Antonio have an interesting history.. in particular their infamous owner Clinton Manges who didn't play the players, had the franchise scrubbed and threatened to nuke the NFL/USFL merger plans until he was convinetly found dead, shot full of holes with his death remaining unsolved.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part XXII: The San Antonio Gunslingers**
6 minutes ago, ralphz said:

If you turn this into a political thing, so help me...! 

As opposed to what's been happening regarding Jon Gruden, Dan Snyder and all that stuff?

Unsolved murder means unsolved murder, it just means that a new owner will come in, pay the Gunslingers and they can carry on winning the minds of San Antonio.

Now then with that out of the way....

AMWts8CHURrn20pj2AaXDS81huhUaKCI1jK12U2p

Beyond 1985 there were plans to adapt White Pants as the standard, source of this was the guy that created the original uniform but as everyone knows, Manges was too stingy to pay everyone and the franchise folded... without said paywall, the team adopts GBW and GWW as the official look.

• Like 3