Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part XL: The Dallas Cowboys, America's Favourite LolCows**

heavybass

On 6/5/2023 at 12:40 PM, heavybass said:

The NFL gets a new owner for the Bulls which is good news, bad news is the new owner is Bob Mcnair.

I thought the McNairs owned the Oilers after Bud Adams bought the Nashville Renegades and changed their name to the Tennessee Titans.

11 hours ago, SpidersReorg said:

I thought the McNairs owned the Oilers after Bud Adams bought the Nashville Renegades and changed their name to the Tennessee Titans.

Bob and his family sold the Oilers around 2000's to an ownership group and used the proceedings to take over the Bulls.... they were ousted from Houston after several scandals emerged.

2 hours ago, Wildcomet said:

It was interesting to see you work through the various iterations of the Bulls, and I like  where it ended up. The updated helmet also turned out nicely; good job on that.

Thank you, the idea was because of Seattle's early NIKEification, I wanted to see if it can work with the Bulls which it did... then sticking with a lighter silver then going with Burgundy which was a good idea since Burgundy's a better Maroon and then seeing what I could do with the Orange.

The Orange going from what it was before and then discovering the Honeydew Orange which worked but then I didn't want to go into Creamsicle territory so that's how I found the Vermillion Orange which is reddish.

The difficulty of course was recreating the original Bulls set, that was the hardest part to do.

34 minutes ago, heavybass said:

Because I don't see the Gunslingers as a San Antonio team if you get what I mean.... in fact not much you could do with the team actually apart from darkening colours.... it was probably the difficult team to essentially DO.

Well, I'd prefer a rebrand. San Antonio should have a team.

And so after an hour of rebranding I now present to you a Brucie Bonus.... a revisit to San Antonio.

----

The Gunslingers in 1992 were in absolute dire straights, bad seasons back to back and with the threat of being kicked out of the Alamo Dome forced the owner of the team to essentially throw the towel to the NFL and say I'm done and essentially disappeared into the wilderness.

The organisation having to content a relocation from Oakland to Charlotte now had to deal with a team without an owner... they had to work fast and reluctantly they did come up with a solution... two teams being forced out of the Alamo Dome meant that they had to merge into one organisation and able to stave off the upcoming season.

The kicker is that the other team plays in the WLAF and they were written off so the Gunslingers decided to use the opportunity to rebrand themselves as the WLAF team and play on in the South.

So please welcome back:

THE SAN ANTONIO.... RIDERS!!!

AJFCJaX65cqpO5VU_TtjYB9XV0pSu0HZ1T--z7bO

The Riders are a perfect rebrand for a terrible team... the look is fresh, it's not just green, blue and white anymore and let's be honest the idea was good when I looked at what I did for the Slingers and saw elements of the Riders and so this is the new San Antonio.

Will they survive 1992?

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part BONUS: San Antonio Revisited**

Well they survived 1992, in fact despite most of the league making fun of their name and uniforms... San Antonio with a average record survived the season with the fans arriving in dromes ensuring that the Alamo Dome owners didn't kick them out, in fact they was able to secure a moderate loan to help pay for the fees ensuring that the Riders stayed in San Antonio for a while.

1996 follows up with a slight uniform change now that they have been established against the likes of most Southern NFL teams including the Stallions, the Panthers, the Saints, the Falcons, the Bucs, the Oilers, the Titans and the Wranglers.

AJFCJaXi8Lub_jlG20ZRkw1aJ-VJdCiOnrYev_am

The Riders do have one thing going for them..... the Dallas Cowboys eternally hating them for putting Jerry Jones in prison for major tax fraud.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, heavybass said:

. the Dallas Cowboys eternally hating them for putting Jerry Jones in prison for major tax fraud.

Seeing as how he's the reason they'll never win a Super Bowl, the team and fans should be happy that he's gone in your world. 

N3d5IIl.png

37 minutes ago, jbird669 said:

Seeing as how he's the reason they'll never win a Super Bowl, the team and fans should be happy that he's gone in your world. 

Imagine if the greatest trade happened and cutting players was illegal? Wasn’t just Jerry…. Jimmy Johnson was also disgraced.