Commanders embarrassingly try to sell mugs with outline of Washington state behind team logo

B-Rich

From Yahoo sports:

"The mugs were being sold by a team truck just outside the stadium. They featured the "W" logo in front of an outline of Washington state. The Commanders' field is located in Maryland, but the Washington in front of their name refers to D.C., not Washington state."

FcYjcnVXoAAO05Z?format=jpg&name=medium FcYzf1sXEAIYL3Q?format=jpg&name=small

https://sports.yahoo.com/commanders-embarrassingly-try-to-sell-mugs-with-outline-of-washington-state-behind-team-logo-191145851.html

geez, can this franchise get any worse? 😆

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

It is what it is.

When I was a little kid - pre '87 when they won their first SB that I can remember - I was so used to hearing DC for Washington that I thought the R-words were a Washington State team (my tiny-undeveloped mind didn't consider that there was already a Seattle team and no other NFL-sized city there.)  It was earth shattering to me when I realized that they played right down the highway.  So, maybe a naïve 9-year old deigned these.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 hours ago, Discrim said:

Not sure what's more amusing, the state blunder or that these were being sold not even inside the stadium but in a glorified taco truck?

They had had those for almost 15 years now. I worked in a few of them when I was an employee of the team. They own 5 or 6 and they have them in the parking lots and by the pre-game pavilion end of the stadium. I believe they were initially bought when they moved back to Carlisle for training camp  briefly to gave a place to sell merch.  They are a hell of a lot nicer than a taco truck.  

• Like 1