infrared41's Best and Worst NFL Week Six - 2022

Pretty sure everyone is familiar with the setup so let's get right to the lists.

BEST

1. 49ers - Falcons: I get that there are people who think the current Falcons set is better than the throwbacks, I just don't get why anyone would. This is the look Atlanta should have gone with full time. Throw in the 49ers and we have an easy #1 this week. The Falcons should always look this good.

T2i5OiT.jpg

2. Bills - Chiefs: OK, I'll admit it, the white sock thing is really starting to bug me. It does not look good. Period. That aside, it takes a helluva match up to beat this one out of the top spot. Every game should look this good.

ydW2R22.jpg

3. Bucs - Steelers: How good were the #1 and #2 spots this week? So good that they put this classic at #3.  Another great looking match up. Never change, guys.

eYCM9Cr.jpg

4. Patriots - Browns: Going into this season, I can't say I expected to see the Patriots making the best list as often as they have, but here we are. We're now into season three of the new/old Browns look and I still find myself thinking "man, I am so glad they went back to these." Then again, as a Browns fan, I don't have much else to get excited about.

DN6lzjW.jpg

5. Cowboys - Eagles: Kudos to the Eagles for not wearing a silly uniform just because it was a prime time game.

78NyR12.jpg

WORST

1. Jets - Packers: There should be a law against this.

httNaWT.jpg

2. Cardinals - Seahawks: How bad did Jets - Packers look? So bad that two of the worst uniforms in the league squared off and still ended up in the #2 slot on the worst list. The best thing I can say about this match up is that it didn't kill anyone, probably. Trash it all and start over, guys.

AIZXWLb.jpg

3. Commandos - Bears: The orange helmets and orange jerseys didn't look as bad as I thought they would. Don't get me wrong, they were still awful, they just weren't the apocalyptic disaster I thought they'd be. A different team might even be able to make the orange work. My biggest issue with the orange was the Bears ditching a top five look for a rejected Fighting Illini uniform. Honestly, I'm a little disappointed that the Communists didn't go with their black alts in this one. It could have been worse and I wish it had been.

JJs1pat.jpg

That's all for this week. Thanks for dropping by. We'll do it all again next week.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

IMO, the Commanders weren’t the worst dressed in that matchup. Which is surprising.

Agreed on everything.

The Commandants road set is a couple tweaks away from being pretty solid. Hell, getting rid of the dot matrix gradient numbers alone would greatly improve it.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

16 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Why do the Packers even have that uniform? They wanted a monogreen alt so they took their regular set, made everything worse from head to toe, then bizarrely claimed it was inspired by a throwback despite looking nothing like it.

What do you mean by this? 

1953 GREEN BAY PACKERS TEAM 8X10 PHOTO - Picture 1 of 1

It's what the Packers wore in the mid-50's, so it is a throwback

• Like 6

AmPJ0Ty.png 

16 hours ago, infrared41 said:

DN6lzjW.jpg

I love how that Patriots player looks like he has stripes on his White socks due to the (brace? thing? strap?) on his leg, in turn making that Uniform look better than it would if it had the Navy socks or the plain White socks.

da0Lbhs.png

2 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

What do you mean by this? 

1953 GREEN BAY PACKERS TEAM 8X10 PHOTO - Picture 1 of 1

It's what the Packers wore in the mid-50's, so it is a throwback

You're right, I exaggerated how different the two are. It still looks bad. If it had sock stripes like the original, or if they wore contrasting pants it might be passable. It's just an excuse to go monochrome, which the Packers should never be doing

3ea49ebe-0448-464e-a522-fb36c67e12c2-_KB

https://gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/images/1953_GreenBay.png

• Like 3

I'm shocked at how good PGH vs TB looked.  On paper, I'd never expect it to look that good based on the Bucs dark helmets and dark pants vs the black helmets and jerseys of Pittsburgh.  I guess the daylight helped.  That might have been my #1.  I can't get behind red helmets / black jerseys for Atlanta.  The opposite is fine, but the red helmets stick out like a sore thumb to me in a way that the black helmets don't.    Bills v Chiefs would look much better if Bills had blue pants.  Otherwise, it's basically just Chiefs vs any team that's white from head to toe - regardless of it's Bills or any other team.

Can't argue with the worst list, though I may flip the bottom two.  I'm a fan of the Seahawks uniform, but combined with Arizona's train wreck, that's a horrible-looking game.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."