On 3/26/2023 at 5:11 AM, Victormrey said:

I think the Phanatics set with the racing stripes looks great! Nice update.

The colour tweak for the Elpehants works nicely, not only because it matches the Raiders' scheme, but also because the grey suits the team (nick)name 👌🏻

As for the LA Koalas, I'm going to be straight: I'm a sucker for brown + (powder) blue! For me it's such an amazing yet under used combination. Amazing work with the home wordmark, BTW! It looks like the real deal.

Thank you! 

On 3/26/2023 at 8:09 AM, Bomba Tomba said:

The Elephants look like the antagonist's team in a kid's movie about baseball

Haha! 🤣 Well played. 

Up today are the Cleveland Sliders!

SLIDERS HOME:

Sliders-Home-w-no-placket-piping.png

SLIDERS ROAD:

Sliders-Road-w-no-placket-piping.png

SLIDERS HOME ALT:

Sliders-Home-Alt-w-no-placket-piping.png

SLIDERS ROAD ALT:
Sliders-Road-Alt-w-no-placket-piping.png

Notes:

- Much like Southpaw or the Philly Phanatic, the Guardians' Slider is a furry, brightly-colored creature of indeterminate species. I was initially reluctant to include him but ultimately decided that, after taking on those first two I mentioned, it wouldn't be fair to leave him out.

- In my opinion, it would've made sense for Cleveland to introduce a new mascot when they became the Guardians, but Slider was clearly popular enough to survive the rebranding, which lead me to learn that he's been around for 30 (!) seasons. 

- Magenta and athletic gold become the team's primary colors, with a touch of navy to ground the design. 

- The wordmarks are inspired by the nameplate on the back of Slider's jersey. This one admittedly has a bit of a MiLB feel to it, but I'm OK with that.

C&C appreciated for the Sliders and any past teams!

P.S. I am considering tackling one more team, so I don't want to close the book on this project just yet. I also still plan to try out @raysox and @Coiler's suggestions for the Koalas/Robins, so watch this space. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1

• coco1997 changed the title to Rebranding MLB Teams with Mascots in Mind (Cleveland Sliders 3/27)
22 hours ago, Coiler said:

The Sliders are my favorite concept yet. Whimsical, distinct , and "Sliders" can serve as a winking nod to "Spiders".

Good to hear! I wasn't sure how the Sliders would be received, given the color scheme and somewhat silly wordmarks. 

Happy Opening Day! Next up is @Coiler's suggested rebrand for the Dodgers, the Los Angeles Robins!

ROBINS HOME:
Robins-Home-green-red-yellow.png

ROBINS ROAD:

Robins-Road-green-red-yellow.png

ROBINS HOME/ROAD ALT:

Robins-Alt-green-red-yellow.png

Notes:

- Sometimes inspiration comes from unlikely sources. I had originally planned for the Robins to be a combination of black and red and/or robin's egg blue until I stumbled upon an old Japanese team called the Shochiku Robins, whose colors were red, green and gold--which coincidentally happen to be the same colors as the Los Angeles flag. This is also how I learned that robins come in colors other than just black and red. These colors help the design from looking like an Orioles knock-off, and hey, they're also the Boy Wonder's colors! 

- Though we typically associate robins with red, the dominant color here is green. I figure people would be OK with this, since the Tigers, for example, are mainly a navy team, despite real tigers being primarily orange.  

C&C appreciated! I'll try to have an updated take on the Koalas up soon. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

• coco1997 changed the title to Rebranding MLB Teams with Mascots in Mind (Los Angeles Robins 3/30)

Not what I was expecting (and I wouldn't mind seeing a black and light blue version if it's not too much trouble), but the LA Robins are great. The colors give them a southwest Hispanic feel too, which fits an area full of Mexican-Americans.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Coiler said:

Not what I was expecting (and I wouldn't mind seeing a black and light blue version if it's not too much trouble), but the LA Robins are great. The colors give them a southwest Hispanic feel too, which fits an area full of Mexican-Americans.

Thanks! I can try the Robins in black and baby blue soon.

Today is another stab at the Los Angeles Koalas, based on @raysox's suggestions:

KOALAS HOME:

Koalas-Home-blue-red.png

KOALAS ROAD:

Koalas-Road-blue-red.png

KOALAS HOME/ROAD ALT:

Koalas-Alt-blue-red-single-outlines.png

Notes:

- Koala gray (HEX #C1BEAF) is added to the Dodgers' classic blue and red color scheme, with a now all-white koala outlined in red. 

- I also tweaked the angle of the "Koalas" script to better match the actual "Dodgers" script. 

I hope this is more or less what you had in mind, @raysox. C&C appreciated! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• coco1997 changed the title to Rebranding MLB Teams with Mascots in Mind (Los Angeles Koalas Update 4/3)
On 4/3/2023 at 9:55 PM, Bomba Tomba said:

I prefer the other one tbh, more unique color scheme

Agreed, I prefer my original brown and baby blue design, but I wanted to accommodate @raysox's request.

Next up is @Coiler's request to see a light blue & black version of the Los Angeles Robins:

ROBINS HOME:

Robins-Home-light-blue-black-w-red-robin

ROBINS ROAD:

Robins-Road-black-light-blue.png

ROBINS HOME ALT:

Robins-Alt-light-blue-black.png

Pretty straightforward color swap, though I did add a touch of red to the robin's chest. C&C appreciated! 

• Like 3

• coco1997 changed the title to Rebranding MLB Teams with Mascots in Mind (Los Angeles Robins Update 4/8)
On 4/11/2023 at 8:03 AM, Victormrey said:

I like both iterations the LA teams, but I honestly prefer the original versions! Specially the Robins using the Los Angeles flag colours.

On 4/11/2023 at 7:00 PM, Bomba Tomba said:

Yeah, the new black and light blue looks good but the green/yellow/red fits more

Robin (Teen Titans Go!) - Loathsome Characters Wiki

2 minutes ago, Coiler said:

Love both Robins. I do think the original looks more Los Angeles, if that makes sense.

Thanks!

Wrapping things up today with the Anaheim Rally Monkeys!

RALLY MONKEYS HOME:

Rally-Monkeys-Home-no-line-in-banana.png

RALLY MONKEYS ROAD:

Rally-Monkeys-Road-no-banana-line.png

RALLY MONKEYS HOME/ROAD ALT:

Rally-Monkeys-Alt-no-outlines.png

Notes:

- Like the Dodgers, the Angels don't actually have a mascot, but the Rally Monkey has served as the team's unofficial mascot since 2000, and it really took off during their 2002 World Series run. 

- Despite the team's whimsical name, I wanted the design to still be believably Major League-ish. 

- My two main inspirations for this design were the 1970s-80s California Angels (arched scripts and thick stripes) and the Rakuten Monkeys of the Chinese Professional Baseball League, which is where I got the "RM" monogram from. 

- As a nod to the halo in the Angels' scripts, a small banana underscores the first letter of the scripts. 

And that about does it! Thanks for following along. C&C for the Rally Monkeys or any previously posted team is appreciated. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

• coco1997 changed the title to Rebranding MLB Teams with Mascots in Mind (Anaheim Rally Monkeys 4/13)
  • 3 weeks later...