2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

18 minutes ago, ruttep said:

The problem with their current white jersey is that there's barely any orange (there's only orange trim around the numbers). The decision to simplify the bengal stripes to the degree they have is the one major gripe I have with this uniform set. The one I posted above at least managed to put both black and orange on the bengal stripes. Simply put, the below combination with orange socks wouldn't make sense with how there's virtually no orange anywhere on that uniform except for the wordmark and helmet. The white pants with orange stripes wouldn't work here either because the stripes wouldn't match the jersey. If they simply added orange back to the striping shown below, this would be a top tier uniform, but they oversimplified it.

spacer.png

When these first came out, that was one of my two major gripes about the set. That gripe went away after about two weeks, and now I feel it's the strongest aspect of this set (when not in NEMO mode)., as it just, to me at least, looks cleaner that way. Initially, I bemoaned the loss of the orange stripe against which the tiger stripes were set, but now I don't even pay it any mind. What I DO pay mind to is those CFCS Chicago Bear knockoff numbers with the unnecessary "custom" cuts and angles, as seen by the terminal of that 9 up above.

And actually, if you really wanna see one of my main issues with Nike's approach to "custom" over the past decade or so, look at this:

dddg6q1yncatwuak9nea.jpg

What other reason was there to angle that lower terminal like that other than "just because"? I absolutely cannot stand that kind of custom chop-job.

And it ain't just the Bengals...Nike's had a habit of doing this. Check out the Peyton-Manning-forehead numbers of the Miami Dolphins...pay especially close attention to the upper left corners:

1450202459.0.jpg

Mostert-Raheem-Alamy-scaled.jpg?w=1912&h

What other reason was there to round off just the one corner except "just because"? (Curiously, the 0s in that set are rounded on all four corners.) The interesting thing is that those are the former Machine Block numbers minus the dropshadow (a good thing btw) but with the CFCS hackjob (not a good thing).

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

13 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

The Bengals (very minor) problems would be solved if they just used one pair of white pants with both orange and black striping

The white pants are the one thing that the previous uniforms were better at.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

This'll do for Monday night:

7_mcnabb.jpg

Unfortunately we'll probably get:

USATSI_15278171.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

vs

Screen-Shot-2022-11-07-at-2.42.53-PM.jpg

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

32 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

I like that idea. The red helmet with the red numbers and stripes should look good. 

I don't. Alternate helmets with Color Rush uniforms look completely bush league.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And (probably an old man yelling at clouds take) the wording of the tweet really makes it seem like the Texans are hopping on a trend for the sake of hopping on a trend.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

10 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I don't. Alternate helmets with Color Rush uniforms look look completely bush league.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And (probably an old man yelling at clouds take) the wording of the tweet really makes it seem like the Texans are hopping on a trend for the sake of hopping on a trend.

I don’t disagree at all about alternate helmets being bush league. However, If the Saints fixed the helmet with proper white and gold stripes and players wore black contrasting socks, it actually wouldn’t be a terrible look. Not saying the Saints shouldn’t be a gold helmet team (they absolutely should be), but that particular look isn’t terrible by any means (there’s far worse offenders). A few players opted for black socks last season and it looked much better than the monochrome white socks. That’s what makes the black helmet look so out of place (that and the knock-off Seahawks stripe).

• Like 1

Just now, DCarp1231 said:

I see those and see the potential of these-

spacer.png

So close to greatness.

Yeah, the Saints are definitely the least egregious out of the three examples that I posted. I just don't like the NFL devolving into alternate helmet madness. The only alternate helmets that I've liked are the ones associated with throwback looks.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Yeah, the Saints are definitely the least egregious out of the three examples that I posted. I just don't like the NFL devolving into alternate helmet madness. The only alternate helmets that I've liked are the ones associated with throwback looks.

The Saints were really close to a nice alternate helmet, but they botched it completely with that stripe design. It’s so out of place and random. To be fair, one thing Saints fan pretty much all agree on is that the black helmets sucked - because of that stripe. And interestingly, we haven’t seen their Color Rush yet this season…

Now, if the Saints made an alternate helmet that actually matched the Color Rush gold, those might have just been perfection.

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

I would call it more than just a hint! I am curious to see how this looks.

Needs red socks but this is FYAH 🔥

Also note admin got the Color Rush pants mixed up with the Road Blue pants (see striping) lol 

This makes me wonder if this a preview of their rebranded look next season to test the waters on a red helmet, blue jersey home look. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Yawn 1
NYCdog.png

32 minutes ago, NYCdog said:

Also note admin got the Color Rush pants mixed up with the Road Blue pants (see striping) lol 

This makes me wonder if this a preview of their rebranded look next season to test the waters on a red helmet, blue jersey home look. 

Anyone notice that the color circle emojis in the tweet are red and something close to Luv Ya Blue? That has to be a hint at something

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NYCdog said:

Hmm, needs red socks. 

The more I look at the red helmet, the more I just do not like the Texans logo. The white outline isn’t enough to stop the blending of the reds. Same goes for the regular blue helmets. I’m also not a huge fan of the initial white helmets that so many clamor for.

I think the issue lies within the logo. It not good and never has been.

2 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Hmm, needs red socks. 

The more I look at the red helmet, the more I just do not like the Texans logo. The white outline isn’t enough to stop the blending of the reds. Same goes for the regular blue helmets. I’m also not a huge fan of the initial white helmets that so many clamor for.

I think the issue lies within the logo. It not good and never has been.

Hmm, if only there was a brand and logo that is so closely associated with the city and has established that brand so well that the colors are Houston. I just can't think of one...

spacer.png

This is all your fault, Bud Adams.

• Applause 1
  • Yawn 3
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, ruttep said:

Anyone notice that the color circle emojis in the tweet are red and something close to Luv Ya Blue? That has to be a hint at something

Nah that's the standard blue emoji. 

27 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

Houston is also wearing the red helmets the following Sunday against Jacksonville (with the red jerseys).

That would be the final time they can wear it this season, which means they will not be wearing it for their Christmas Eve home game, which is an interesting choice.

They said the red helmets were going to be worn 3 times at home. Now that we know the first two, my prediction is we will see the third time on the season finale.  

1 minute ago, ruttep said:

This is all your fault, Bud Adams.

He can rot in perdition.

• Like 1