American Hockey League (AHL) Redesigns (32/32)

CaptainBuzKill

On 8/4/2023 at 4:23 PM, qckgnc said:

Love that Chubby Checker throwback with the classic colors for Charlotte.

These Heritage jerseys are a great way to divulge into teams' histories that I had no idea about. Its super fun! I'm glad you're enjoying them!

On 8/4/2023 at 4:48 PM, Patchey13 said:

That Reign Alt is almost identical to something I created last night for the Kings for my own series lol. Great minds think alike I suppose.  The Eagles alternate is absolutely gorgeous and would buy one in a second

I promise you I didn't intentionally steal! haha. I agree, Great minds think alike! Thanks for the love!

On 8/4/2023 at 6:36 PM, Silence of the Rams said:

Much better. Also Ontario looks like something the parent club could use and believe me that is a good thing (also stings to say as a cuda fan)

Awesome.  Glad that worked out!

ALRIGHT! 2 more teams for y'all.

First:

BRIDGEPORT ISLANDERS

Home

Yqy6sDm.jpg

Away

uqRBcEh.jpg

Alternate

aJKKyCP.jpg

Heritage

XfIq6VU.jpg

Tried to keep them generally the same with some minor tweaks. 

AND:

TUCSON ROADRUNNERS

Home

B8gXjl0.jpg

Away

iVJ3Hne.jpg

Alternate

GkwSv9Z.jpg

Heritage

Dj6N5Rb.jpg

LOVED looking up the old Roadrunners in previous leagues. There was a logo I would've rather used but I couldn't find a good enough quality one. That being said, I think this one came out really well!

These were fun to do!

I think I only have about 8 remaining! Maybe 10, can't remember with the weird Pacific Division! Haha!

• Like 4

• CaptainBuzKill changed the title to American Hockey League (AHL) Redesigns *ADDED BRI & TUC*
  • 1 month later...

Hoo boy. I've neglected this.... But It was my busy season (If anyone watches Tom Grossi on YouTube, you'll know why I was busy).

At any rate, let's get back into it. When I last left off I think I had 8 left... Let's get 5 out of the way now.

UTICA COMETS

Home

atbEydf.jpg

Away

lXtdYZc.jpg

Alternate

6o7jPzK.jpg

Heritage

VDKobgz.jpg

I loved their aesthetic when they were affiliated with the Canucks. But with their move to the Devils organization, it allows us to bring back the old school U Devil logo they used to use. So that's what I used with their Heritage jersey. Also went with a sort of Black Out design with their Alternate because we all know New Jersey needs a black third. So why not give their AHL club one?

BAKERSFIELD CONDORS

Home

GPQQnrT.jpg

Away

dXZxrMp.jpg

Alternate

qC4Copx.jpg

Heritage

0hI8evd.jpg

Didn't change up a whole lot from their parent club for their home and away, sort of a "reverse retro" kind of approach tho. White sleeve cuffs and shoulders for the homes, orange ones for the road. Decided to go with the Oilers much beloved 2016 3rd orange jersey for the Alt, I just feel their alternate logo looks great on the orange. And I went with the old OKC Barons jersey as it kind of took homage from the 90's Oilers days with the bronze coloring. I changed the "Oklahoma City" text into "Bakersfield" on the logo, to keep it local.

SPRINGFIELD THUNDERBIRDS

Home

vy1iZMk.jpg

Away

o3fbjTO.jpg

Alternate

UKmclED.jpg

Heritage

pZHC5hB.jpg

I really like how the Thunderbirds have their own identity so I had fun with these. I really wanted to incorporate more yellow into their jerseys as its prominent in their logo but not really in their uniforms. So I added some yellow stripes up the sleeve and added a little yellow lightning bolt to the ends. The Alternate takes the lightning to a new level and makes it the primary design. I feel it goes really well with the chest crest. And another Heritage jersey throwing back to their previous AHL squad, the Portland Pirates, remixed to the Thunderbirds colors.

ROSEMONT WOLVES

Home

9PoMBoB.jpg

Away

uZH0XX5.jpg

Alternate

i5NhqhR.jpg

Heritage

VDHa6v9.jpg

For the team that blocked me on Twitter because I called them out on their stupid "We Are Chicago's Team" when A. No that's the Blackhawks and B. You aren't even affiliated with them... I decided not to do too much with them.

The Rosemont Wolves keep their same 3 jerseys, with a throwback to their Atlanta Affiliate days... woo.

SAN JOSE BARRACUDA

Home

e0r3ECw.jpg

Away

lYHCpkF.jpg

Alternate

TminvBG.jpg

Heritage

DPU9iuM.jpg

San Jose recently changed their design, and I like it for the most part. But wanted to give it a tiny bit more reference to their NHL Squad, so I added some wave sublimation between the top 2 and bottom two stripes much like how the Sharks have done. This design started with the grey, and since I wanted them to have a Black Alternate, I made the grey their primary road sweater. To make sure they still had a white jersey I went with an older Worcester Sharks design but with San Jose branding.

So that's the update... I only have the Belleville Senators, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, and the Rockford IceHogs left... This should be fun!

As always thanks for checking these out and leaving feedback! Its always appreciated!

• Like 2

• CaptainBuzKill changed the title to American Hockey League (AHL) Redesigns (29/32)
17 hours ago, CaptainBuzKill said:

ROSEMONT WOLVES

For the team that blocked me on Twitter because I called them out on their stupid "We Are Chicago's Team" when A. No that's the Blackhawks and B. You aren't even affiliated with them... I decided not to do too much with them.

I mean, Rosemont is in the same county as Chicago (Cook County, for those of you wondering).  And it's not that far either. So, therefore, not stupid. Just weird.

spacer.png

Other than that little quip, your series of AHL concepts are visually pleasing to my eye, especially the heritage ones.

• Love 1

On 9/9/2023 at 5:23 PM, CaptainBuzKill said:

But It was my busy season (If anyone watches Tom Grossi on YouTube, you'll know why I was busy).

Ayee that was you! Small world, but Go GROSSI POSSE!

• Love 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

• 2 weeks later...

Final 3! The journey is over. Let's finish this up...

BELLEVILLE SENATORS

Home

Dhpklvy.jpg

Away

Ph007nV.jpg

Alternate

vBgb7hB.jpg

Heritage

MJAJRhW.jpg

Their Main 3 are perfect, no edits. Alternate is a throwback to the OHL days and the Subban boys.  Kind of took my own inspiration for that one, adding the horns like the Buffalo Sabres throwbacks have.

WILKES-BARRE SCRANTON PENGUINS

Home

mV69SDm.jpg

Away

0lD4hX8.jpg

Alternate

NBRO2Hx.jpg

Heritage

YJ5B1tj.jpg

Like alot of these, I wanted to keep the majority of their design the same, minor tweaks. Bottom of the away is different than their current one, and I liked the two-toned look of their third but wanted to add a yellow alt as well, so I combined the 2 (May look like Boston's old school one but.... meh). The Heritage goes back to their inaugural season.

ROCKFORD ICEHOGS

Home

bz6zuP2.jpg

Away

mEDtWp0.jpg

Alternate

18aA77l.jpg

Heritage

UUZEdwF.jpg

My hometown team. The reason I love sports... I'm glad they moved on from their older logo, but I still wish they had more of their own identity.... Oh well. Added hints of their old blue color to the home jersey, as well as extra stripes on the sleeves. Away is pretty much unchanged as the Hawks have a pretty timeless white jersey. Alternate is just their current alternate. Love this so much, I'm glad they change their identity and everything. Heritage is their 1999 UHL Debut jersey... Is it good? no. But its nostalgic. And that's what its about right?

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT. I've now done NFL, NHL, and AHL. What should I do next? Now that everything is done, who are your favorites? least favorites? What should I fix?

• Like 2

• CaptainBuzKill changed the title to American Hockey League (AHL) Redesigns (32/32)

Awesome project, really enjoyed everything you put together.

I've always wanted the Leafs to try out a throwback with the sleeves (excluding the horrible grey reverse retro version, just give me white and blue!) and you nailed the look with those Marlies threads.

I'd be interested to see what you'd do with soccer kits if that's something you're interested in. Premier League, La Liga, Serie A... dealer's choice.

On 9/19/2023 at 3:52 PM, pepperbb said:

I think if you want to give the Icehogs more of their own identity, why not base it off the Colonial Cup jerseys?

I hadn't thought of that for some reason... Here's 2 versions of what that could look like...

Z81q8GJ.jpg

mGnU9Ya.jpg

rOTUnq2.jpg

ahmL1UI.jpg

So I added the blue back from the original 99 jerseys in the first one, but wasn't too sure and then went with the normal 06 silver. I think I like the silver better, what do you think?

• Applause 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/8/2023 at 5:53 PM, CaptainBuzKill said:

TUCSON ROADRUNNERS

Home

B8gXjl0.jpg

Away

iVJ3Hne.jpg

Alternate

GkwSv9Z.jpg

Heritage

Dj6N5Rb.jpg

LOVED looking up the old Roadrunners in previous leagues. There was a logo I would've rather used but I couldn't find a good enough quality one. That being said, I think this one came out really well!

These were fun to do!

I think I only have about 8 remaining! Maybe 10, can't remember with the weird Pacific Division! Haha!

Yes! Precisely the set I wish they'd move to.

• Love 1

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions)