American Hockey League (AHL) Redesigns (32/32)

CaptainBuzKill

Keeping on with my hockey jersey concepts, this time making my way through the American Hockey League. I started these a few weeks ago, so I'm still in the process of getting through the league. I will be updating more often...

That being said, let's start with the Calder Cup Champions...

HERSHEY BEARS

Home

6DpVub0.jpg

AWAY

W6P30yd.jpg

Alternate

1z1Yjvn.jpg

Heritage

BQQ0jIe.jpg

And let's continue with the Western Conference Champions:

Coachella Valley Firebirds

Home

m0xSt2I.jpg

Away

GyyypHR.jpg

Alternate

anznS50.jpg

Heritage

Y7kJVn2.jpg

PROVIDENCE BRUINS

Home

3KiYjTU.jpg

Away

8zOS5OI.jpg

Alternate

gCAgL7Y.jpg

Heritage

LOuWBBj.jpg

ROCHESTER AMERICANS

Home

UXLSFhN.jpg

Away

hQ37ht8.jpg

Alternate

fWtchlx.jpg

Heritage

NB601p4.jpg

CALGARY WRANGLERS

Home

lVmSAaq.jpg

Away

sijELOd.jpg

Alternate

XhrOmUJ.jpg

Heritage

QgxVYub.jpg

MILWAUKEE ADMIRALS

Home

ZsnJ5VA.jpg

Away

vLELsxe.jpg

Alternate

97HwDrT.jpg

Heritage

Cg80pKi.jpg

TORONTO MARLIES

Home

3J9Hgko.jpg

Away

JOGLfeY.jpg

Alternate

GdwBUZG.jpg

Heritage

ZsQsq0z.jpg

MANITOBA MOOSE

Home

uTlg2fe.jpg

Away

lFAnamR.jpg

Alternate

XKZTuNC.jpg

Heritage

IGZD4hk.jpg

SAN DIEGO GULLS

Home

nrGXqQ2.jpg

Away

MJL7u1j.jpg

Alternate

ylZnL4u.jpg

Heritage

59AYvLu.jpg

CHARLOTTE CHECKERS

Home

t8nEhuc.jpg

Away

FEqOfGH.jpg\

Alternate

X0R193M.jpg

Heritage

ERqKaFE.jpg

CLEVELAND MONSTERS

Home

zmZ8OLZ.jpg

Away

Rnsezvo.jpg

Alternate

wKfapox.jpg

Heritage

hCtrKRE.jpg

GRAND RAPIDS GRIFFINS

Home

XLqxZTg.jpg

Away

tzKZNUw.jpg

Alternate

dYFJ4bS.jpg

Heritage

1LuwBt7.jpg

Well... there you have it... the first 12 of the 32 AHL teams.

Who do you want me to try next? What do you like about the ones I posted so far? What should I change?

• Like 9

Love this, there’s a lack of AHL concepts out there. 
Hershey: Looks great

Coachella Valley: Didn’t think I’d ever support gradients but that alt is terrific. 
P-Bruins: Looks great

Rochester. Not a huge fan of the stripes on the end of the sleeves, I would prefer to see them moved to the middle of the arm or less stripes but thicker. 
Calgary: Love it

Milwaukee: I always liked the logo on the alt, great job incorporating it in. 
Toronto: Again, great work. Love the alt, very non-traditional but would fit right into the AHL. 
Manitoba: I would like to see the unis differ a little more from winnipeg, maybe using the lighter blue as the base for the home?

SD: I would buy that orange jersey so fast. 
Charlotte: Love the checked pattern in the stripe,  this would be a massive upgrade for them. 
Cleveland:  I like the subtle changes to the striping, it would go a long way in real life. 
Grand Rapids: Nothing to say, great work. 

I’d like to see you tackle Laval or Henderson next!

On 7/19/2023 at 10:13 AM, thesieve22 said:

Love this, there’s a lack of AHL concepts out there. 
Hershey: Looks great

Coachella Valley: Didn’t think I’d ever support gradients but that alt is terrific. 
P-Bruins: Looks great

Rochester. Not a huge fan of the stripes on the end of the sleeves, I would prefer to see them moved to the middle of the arm or less stripes but thicker. 
Calgary: Love it

Milwaukee: I always liked the logo on the alt, great job incorporating it in. 
Toronto: Again, great work. Love the alt, very non-traditional but would fit right into the AHL. 
Manitoba: I would like to see the unis differ a little more from winnipeg, maybe using the lighter blue as the base for the home?

SD: I would buy that orange jersey so fast. 
Charlotte: Love the checked pattern in the stripe,  this would be a massive upgrade for them. 
Cleveland:  I like the subtle changes to the striping, it would go a long way in real life. 
Grand Rapids: Nothing to say, great work. 

I’d like to see you tackle Laval or Henderson next!

Love the detailed comments! I'll look into updating the Moose... I actually started with their alt first in this one, so I kinda backed myself into a corner. I'll take a stab at a lighter home tho.

And your wish is my command... stay tuned below!

On 7/19/2023 at 1:49 PM, OchentaYOcho88 said:

The Coachella Valley gradient is probably the best gradient jersey design I have ever seen and, like many, I HATE gradients but that... I want that. I want it right now.

I'm also not a big fan of actual gradients on jerseys. I'm more of a staged gradient type of guy... but I was playing around with it on theirs and it just seemed to work. Reminds me of sunset on the California coastline... NO IDEA if Coachella Valley is on the coastline but its California, lol. Glad you like it!

2 hours ago, johne9109 said:

Love the Checkers redesign

Thank you! Some family wanted me to do them and before I even saw their older jerseys I knew I wanted the checkerboard pattern on it. I always forget they're affiliated with the Panthers now so I wanted to remind myself (and maybe some others) that they have NO affiliation with the Canes anymore, I think its hard to do with the design they have. 

Thanks everyone for the feedback! thesieve22 asked about Laval or Henderson... and I noticed the Canadiens logo in the profile picture... So here they are:

LAVAL ROCKET

Home

8wDAA71.jpg

Away

E3UD270.jpg

Alternate

2lXZrf3.jpg

Heritage

5miM06V.jpg

I will say the Heritage jersey went through quite a bit of changes. I never wanted to go FULL BARBERSHOP but I varied on the final design. Shoutout to my friends for helping me find a good middle ground!

That's the update! Hope to have an update with more than one next time. We'll see how many I can make in between shifts! I'm thinking Henderson will be next, but I REALLY love their uniforms so it may be hard to change anything haha.

Keep leaving suggestions and comments below! I love reading them!

• Like 3

• CaptainBuzKill changed the title to American Hockey League (AHL) Redesigns *ADDED LAVAL*
1 hour ago, CaptainBuzKill said:

Thank you! Some family wanted me to do them and before I even saw their older jerseys I knew I wanted the checkerboard pattern on it. I always forget they're affiliated with the Panthers now so I wanted to remind myself (and maybe some others) that they have NO affiliation with the Canes anymore, I think its hard to do with the design they have. 

Yeah as a Panthers fan living in Charlotte I was so ecited when the Checkers became the Panthers affiliate and was excited to see what they'd do with their uniforms, but then the owner came out and said they wouldn't be changing their uniforms (probably not to alienate fans they made because they were the Canes affiliate). You're right though not changing their uniforms makes it easily forgettable that they are not affiliated with the Canes. Hopefully within the next few years they will begin to incorporate some new design elements

ZUH86xc.png

On 7/21/2023 at 8:03 PM, B-mer said:

Great thread. Checkers look great, you pulled off the pattern beautifully. 

also really like the Monsters too.

Thank you! I'm glad you like it!

And Thanks, I really worked fast to get that one out while their rebrand was still fresh lol.

On 7/20/2023 at 9:06 PM, johne9109 said:

Yeah as a Panthers fan living in Charlotte I was so ecited when the Checkers became the Panthers affiliate and was excited to see what they'd do with their uniforms, but then the owner came out and said they wouldn't be changing their uniforms (probably not to alienate fans they made because they were the Canes affiliate). You're right though not changing their uniforms makes it easily forgettable that they are not affiliated with the Canes. Hopefully within the next few years they will begin to incorporate some new design elements

Yeah. I'm definitely ok with teams having their own branding (ie. Milwaukee), but when things seem to be BASED off the parent club, you would think they'd want to tweak it a bit.

On 7/20/2023 at 7:26 PM, thesieve22 said:

Oh that heritage jersey! I want one, great work 

Thanks! As mentioned earlier, it took me about 3 tries to get that right. Had alot of influences going around lol.

OK! On to the next 2 teams...

HENDERSON SILVER KNIGHTS

Home

qqEGgdq.jpg

Away

qJrMH2K.jpg

Alternate

v1EbwAi.jpg

Heritage

ixspciy.jpg

The grey and the white they currently have are too indistinguishable from each other, at least in NHL 23... So I wanted to try and differentiate them a bit.

Also, the heritage jersey take influence from the San Antonio Rampage... the team Vegas bought and moved to become Henderson.

Next up:

LEHIGH VALLEY PHANTOMS

Home

DeYV03I.jpg

Away

1nTjjPp.jpg

Alternate

DbMVx0N.jpg

Heritage

BxpBuv4.jpg

And there we are! Finally a bit of different colors between teams!

These ones were fun to do. Henderson is relatively new so I had to play off my Vegas knowledge a bit... and Lehigh Valley was fun because I don't know much about them. It was fun to discover their uniforms and history!

What teams should I do next?

• Like 5

• CaptainBuzKill changed the title to American Hockey League (AHL) Redesigns *ADDED HEN & LVP*
On 7/24/2023 at 8:33 PM, Gundrummer said:

As someone who lives in Hershey I love what you did with their set.

Thank you! They were fun to create!

On to the next couple of teams! I think I'm over half way done..... And these were really fun to look into.

IOWA WILD

Home

MSDXLZP.jpg

Away

4xnGwFd.jpg

Alternate

mHUAdFr.jpg

Heritage

M6dIunu.jpg

ABBOTSFORD CANUCKS

Home

YFauY8F.jpg

Away

2TleMDb.jpg

Alternate

nqjliVi.jpg

Heritage

uMu7fZK.jpg

I can't get over how much fun Abbotsford was to create. The shoulder logos for the Alt and Heritage were a good challenge.

Who should I do next?

• Like 4

• CaptainBuzKill changed the title to American Hockey League (AHL) Redesigns *ADDED IA & ABB*
On 7/26/2023 at 7:38 AM, Blindsay said:

Give the New York Affiliated Connecticut Teams a try!

Ask and you shall receive!

I'll do Hartford first, I'll get to Bridgeport a little later...

HARTFORD WOLF PACK

Home

SkeyDNt.jpg

Away

winZ475.jpg

Alternate

ad2EV9t.jpg

Heritage

YJpxYw8.jpg

The Heritage originally had the tops of the sleeves filled in the length of them, but I feel I've done that alot... So i made a change to get that circular striping to pop.

I'm trying to do a team from every division every 4, so up next will be the Syracuse Crunch! Not quite finished with them yet though...

After the CRUNCH what team should I tackle?

• Like 4

You did a wonderful job on these jerseys!!

• Love 1

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

On 7/27/2023 at 9:03 PM, KCScout76 said:

You did a wonderful job on these jerseys!!

Thank you so much! Which ones are your favorites so far?

As I eagerly await an answer, let me share with you the Syracuse Crunch!

SYRACUSE CRUNCH

Home

0bxOebh.jpg

Away

62r7ncf.jpg

Alternate

Nlt92Xo.jpg

Heritage

j6ut2th.jpg

I'm a big fan of the logo of the Crunch so I wanted to incorporate that a bit into the uniform.

Got a Western Team coming up next! Which one should it be?

• Like 6

• CaptainBuzKill changed the title to American Hockey League (AHL) Redesigns *ADDED SYR**
On 7/30/2023 at 12:36 AM, drewbothwell said:

I love seeing the minor league teams get love! These look incredible so far. Colorado next???

You got it!

Also, I worked for an AHL team for 5 seasons so I always appreciate AHL jerseys! I may look into ECHL after this series...

On 7/31/2023 at 10:26 PM, JerseyJimmy said:

those cracks in the striping on the Syracuse set are brilliant. kinda makes me want to see a Lightning jersey with A.) black or silver accents, and B.) the striping broken up by a lightning bolt-shaped gap.

Hmmmm... that is interesting.

Got 2 more for you!

COLORADO EAGLES

Home

lNTp5su.jpg

Away

PhKoOWG.jpg

Alternate

Gpc0U61.jpg

Heritage

opcLFyi.jpg

OK, The Alternate might be my most outlandish jersey yet, and I agree its kinda hard to see, but I had the idea for a while... Maybe I can tweak the logo to make it more visible? Or maybe its just a specialty jersey... Idk.

NEXT,

TEXAS STARS

Home

rhJMO7t.jpg

Away

78Q8zzY.jpg

Alternate

BhJ5hMz.jpg

Heritage

AzVEfnR.jpg

Kinda pulled into Reverse Retro Dallas territory, but there hasn't been too many different looks for the Texas team. I thought about going Iowa Stars/Chops but I just didn't like that idea... So I went with a Dallas star. I had half a mind to go with a black star design and call it the alternate, but I decided to split those ideas up because I really liked their logo from 2013/14 and wanted to use it.

So, anything you would tweak? I gotta get into gear with the Pacific... who's idea was it to give them 10 teams??

• Like 3

• CaptainBuzKill changed the title to American Hockey League (AHL) Redesigns *ADDED TEX & COL***
On 8/3/2023 at 12:17 AM, Silence of the Rams said:

That Colorado alternate. Id make the logo a bit more distinguishable but other than that I wouldn't find that out of place in the rotation.

I tried to make it look like more of a constellation map this time around, let me know if that worked...

WiQk3fZ.jpg

Another team for you here as well!

ONTARIO REIGN

Home

wYjfICM.jpg

Away

wv56gLp.jpg

Alternate

Kl8R93j.jpg

Heritage

f01Yfy0.jpg

Again, not much of a history for the Reign, so I dipped into LA history instead.

• Like 4