Now on to the Kansas City Packers who were a member of the short-lived Federal League that tried to compete with Major League Baseball from 1914 to 1915.  

BRANDING

8pvwH2x.png

I couldn't think up of a good mascot for the Packers, So I just went with using the classic "KC" packers insignia for the main logo, I also used a darker navy for the primary color and changed the secondary color to a dark teal. The font used for the wordmarks was DePalma.

EXTRA SCRIPT LOGOS

UQPWyYO.png

Here are all the other home script logos I assembled, and I was able to almost fit all of the road script logos on to here as well.

EXTRA ROAD SCRIPTS & CAP LOGOS

QY3GSFX.png

Here are the rest of the road script logos and cap logos that were assembled.

UNIFORMS

GKUfIpM.png

And here are the uniforms I made, I went for a simple but clean approach to these uniforms, a standard home and away uniform, and a dark teal home alternate and a navy road alternate uniform.

• Like 2

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Packers (FL)

Gonna be taking a detour on over to the Kansas City Giants, the Giants were a short-lived Negro Leagues team that played from 1909 to 1911 in Kansas City, KS. 

BRANDING

iSxPz4j.png

For the cap logo, I got a cap logo very similar to the Kansas City Athletics' cap logo from 1960. With a standard blue and red color scheme to go with it, the font used for the wordmarks was Patched. 

EXTRA SCRIPT LOGOS

aLhtYAq.png

Here are the other wordmarks I put together

EXTRA CAP LOGOS

AzPKAAT.png

And here are the extra cap logos that were assembled

UNIFORMS

meAMc22.png

And here are the uniforms I made, a standard 4-piece set with a red home alternate and blue road alternate uniform.

• Like 4

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Giants (NLB)

On to Negro League Team #2! The Kansas City Royal Giants played in Kansas City, Missouri from 1910 to 1912 and were the cross-town rival of the aforementioned Kansas City Giants. 

BRANDING

PlhNh19.png

The insignia/main logo was homemade using the "English Towne" font (which I also used for the jersey numbers), and Mercia Script was used for the script logos.

EXTRA HOME SCRIPTS/ROAD SCRIPTS PT. I

6JjLKMf.png

And here are the extra home script logos assembled, wasn't able to fit all of the road script logos onto one slide however

EXTRA ROAD SCRIPTS PT. II & EXTRA CAP LOGOS

CDvEYlq.png

And here are the rest of the road script logos and the extra cap (insignia) logos.

UNIFORMS

XC8It4n.png

I've designed a standard 4-uniform set with a gold home alternate and purple road alternate plus Old English-style jersey numbers. 

• Like 2

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Giants (NLB) + Kansas City Royal Giants (NLB)
Just now, Topherlee2 said:

Love your stuff so far. I can't wait for your basketball and hockey concepts!

I have Maroons on the schedule next, then I'll get a head start on basketball with Knights, and then around Christmas I should get back to baseball with the Kansas City Blues of the Triple-A American Association

• Like 1

QNXVyki.png

Every one of these concepts is really nice. I have a few notes/questions about a few of them:

- Is there a reason there's that little chunk taken out of the K in KC for the Giants?

- For the Royal Giants, I feel like the olde english KC doesn't fit with the smooth script. Also I'm afraid the purple is too light to contrast well with the yellow. It looks perfect against white but I think the purple and yellow are a little too close in value to be next to each other.

- The mules concept is my favorite, both in baseball and in football, and I absolutely love those shades of Navy and yellow you picked for the 3rd iteration- it reminds me of the current Brewers set in a good way.

tinysig.jpg

31 minutes ago, Jake3roo said:

Every one of these concepts is really nice. I have a few notes/questions about a few of them:

- Is there a reason there's that little chunk taken out of the K in KC for the Giants?

- For the Royal Giants, I feel like the olde english KC doesn't fit with the smooth script. Also I'm afraid the purple is too light to contrast well with the yellow. It looks perfect against white but I think the purple and yellow are a little too close in value to be next to each other.

- The mules concept is my favorite, both in baseball and in football, and I absolutely love those shades of Navy and yellow you picked for the 3rd iteration- it reminds me of the current Brewers set in a good way.

-I think it might just be something the designer did for the KC Giants insignia

-Yeah I could've picked out a more fitting font, but I wanted the Giants and Royal Giants to kinda distinguish between to and that even comes down to script/wordmark styles

-The third version of the "Mules" set is resemble the Kansas City/Philadelphia Athletics blue and yellow color scheme at the time.

QNXVyki.png

Now on to Negro League Team #3!, The Kansas City Maroons were Kansas City's first ever Negro Leagues baseball franchise that played from 1887 to 1890. 

BRANDING

RlgaTfi.png

The font used for the main/cap logo was Slabzone, and the font used for the home and road scripts was Ederson. I went with a very-on-the-nose maroon and silver color scheme for the Maroons.

EXTRA HOME SCRIPTS/AWAY SCRIPTS

jRUDHMw.png

Here are the other home scripts I assembled, and half of the road scripts, as I couldn't get all of the road script logos onto one page.

EXTRA AWAY SCRIPTS/CAP LOGOS

F3m9H19.png

And here are the rest of the away scripts I put together, as well as the extra cap logos.

UNIFORMS

uoPuZg9.png

For the uniforms, I went with a very basic home and away set, and only a monocolor maroon home and away alternate jerseys, because a silver alternate jersey just wouldn't work of course. 

• Like 1

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Maroons (NLB)
  • 4 weeks later...

After a long pause, the "Into the 816-Verse" series resumes with a revival of the ABA's Kansas City Knights who played from 2000 to 2005, It is worth noting that this American Basketball Association (ABA) formed in 2000, is an independent minor-league basketball league that has no relation to the original ABA (1967-1976) that merged and became apart of the modern NBA. 

BRANDING

96JVYm0.png

For the logo I had the artist I commissioned have a medieval knight stab a sword through a multi-colored basketball, a modern refresh of the Knights' original logo used in the 2000s. The font used for the wordmarks, insignias, and jersey numbers is Medieval Times.

EXTRA SCRIPTS & INSIGNIAS

LbRRqA9.png

xDB2b6A.png

And here are all the extra wordmarks and insignias I put together, there's also a white outline version of the mascot logo.

HOME COURT

Knights-Court.png

The Knights played most of their home games inside what is now HyVee Arena (although it's more famously known as the Kemper Arena) which sits right near the Missouri-Kansas stateline in Kansas City, Missouri.

UNIFORMS

VsP76rT.png

As for uniforms, I put together a 4-piece set with a white home, a purple away uniform, and a silver and black alternate uniform. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Knights (ABA)

The team name "Kansas City Knights" is also the default name for the Kansas City-based expansion team in the NBA 2K games, since the option to expand the league was added in NBA 2K17's MyLEAGUE mode. So as a bonus, I took the logo I commissioned for the revived ABA Knights and mashed it with the color scheme of NBA 2K's Knights.

BRANDING

7PLkHKQ.png

The color scheme used in NBA 2K's Knights is a very interesting mix of dark violet, red, silver, and white. For the logo I decided to de-prioritize silver and have red be the secondary color as shown on the basketball.

AOzq6hn.png

FaQRjHM.png

Had some trouble getting a couple of the extra script logos onto one slide like the original concept, So I had to move them over to the extra insignias slide.

HOME COURT

Knights-Court.png

And here's the NBA-styled home court for the Knights, as this would be a slam-dunk name for a KC expansion/relocation team, playing home games at the T-Mobile Center in Kansas City, Missouri. 

UNIFORMS

CGAKsrJ.png

And here are the Knights uniforms recolored and redesigned to fit the NBA standard, the jersey and court sponsors are reused from my Dreamers concept a while back.

• Love 1

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Knights (ABA) - NBA-style added

I've been waiting to get to this one for a long time now, but it's finally here! The baseball section of this concept series resumes with a revival of the American Association's Kansas City Blues, a minor-league baseball franchise that got it's start in 1902 as a Single-A team that was a successor of the Western League's Kansas City Cowboys/Blues who eventually became the first incarnation of the Washington Senators, who are now known as the Minnesota Twins. In 1908, the Kansas City Blues moved up from Single-A to Double-A and then in 1946 they moved up to Triple-A which is where they would remain for the rest of their existence. The Blues didn't become officially affiliated with a Major League club until 1935 when they were briefly affiliated with the Pittsburgh Pirates for one season until the next year they became affiliates with the New York Yankees from 1936 to 1954. In 1955, Kansas City received its first Major League Baseball franchise with the help of the Philadelphia Athletics moving to Kansas City, Missouri, the Kansas City Blues moved to Denver and became the Denver Bears, changed their name to the Zephyrs in 1984, sooner than later Denver got their own MLB franchise via expansion in the Colorado Rockies, and the Zephyrs packed their bags to New Orleans in 1993, they had a very interesting name change to "Baby Cakes" in 2017, before moving to their current location in Wichita, Kansas as the Wichita Wind Surge in 2020 and are currently affiliated with the Minnesota Twins, with both former Kansas City minor-league teams connecting themselves in relation to the modern-day Twins.

This concept explores the alternate reality where Kansas City never gets a Major League Baseball franchise and is stuck with the Kansas City Blues who are still the Triple-A affiliates of the New York Yankees, albeit now in the Pacific Coast League after the American Association folded in 1998.

BRANDING

67cLxid.png

For the mascot, I commissioned a smiling baseball wearing shades and a fedora, the color scheme is pretty much the Yankees' default color scheme, the Blues keep their iconic cap logo with navy and silver plastered over it, the font used for the script logos was Largelake.

EXTRA HOME SCRIPTS & ROAD SCRIPTS

u4BUxG3.png

Here are the home and away script logos I assembled

EXTRA CAP LOGOS

q3CfbsG.png

And here are the extra cap logos, I put together

UNIFORMS

mF94oS0.png

For the Blues, I went with a standard 4-piece uniform set, I had the home and away jerseys replicate the New York Yankees' home and away jerseys with the home uniform having the iconic pinstripes and a bold version of the Blues cap logo in the top right of the torso, the away jersey has a road script logo instead of the arched lettering that the Yankees road uniform actually has. And as for alternates, I did a standard home uniform for the home alternate, and a navy alternate for a second away jersey, both alternate sets have the Blues mascot on the ballcaps. 

• Like 3

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Blues (AAA)
  • 2 weeks later...

Before the American Association's Kansas City Blues, but shortly after the Western League's Kansas City Cowboys/Blues left for Washington D.C. to become the first incarnation of the Washington Senators. In 1902, a new Single-A team in the Western League was formed known as the Kansas City Blue Stockings that only played two seasons in 1902 and 1903, before folding and the much more popular Triple-A Kansas City Blues of the American Association took over.

This part of the series modernizes the Blue Stockings with a thorough name change to "Blue Sox" and had the Blue Sox stuck around towards the modern day they likely would've moved up through the Double-A and Triple-A ranks.

BRANDING

Tyofese.png

For the "mascot" I had the artist commission a pair of blue plaid socks with a black and white pattern, the emblem logo does bare a resemblance to the Red Sox's primary logo, the font used for the scripts was "Fraga Script"

EXTRA SCRIPT LOGOS & CAP LOGO

DJa2hYJ.png

There wasn't as many extra script/cap logos as some of the other concepts in this series, so everything just kinda fits on one slide here.

UNIFORMS

EQznVQq.png

For the uniforms I put together a 4-piece set with a standard home and away, a blue home alternate and a black away alternate. 

• Like 2

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Blue Sox (A)

Happy New Year, SportsLogos.net! And to kick off the New Year, I have a redesign of Kansas City's current ABA franchise that has been active since 2018, the Kansas City Grillers who get a massive facelift in this part of the series.

BRANDING

yBCe6sQ.png

For the logo, I asked the artist to make a basketball-shaped sirloin steak, I went with a color scheme consisting of a dark reddish brown, a super dark brown, salmon pink, and white. The font used for the wordmarks, insignias, and jersey numbers was Snappy Service. 

EXTRA HOME SCRIPTS & ROAD SCRIPTS PT. I

84tk3iN.png

There was a lot of wordmarks I made for this one, with the remainder of the road wordmarks being contained on the next slide

EXTRA ROAD SCRIPTS PT. II & INSIGNIAS

fS7n1xV.png

And here are the rest of the road wordmarks I put together, and the extra insignias.

HOME COURT

Grillers-Court.png

On to the home court, the current-day ABA Grillers do play their home games inside the HyVee Arena (formerly known as Kemper Arena) right near the Kansas-Missouri stateline. 

UNIFORMS

IMaEOMf.png

I assembled together a 5-piece uniform set, with some "grill puns" for the dark brown and salmon pink alternates. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Blue Sox (A) + Kansas City Grillers (ABA)

To continue to stretch of minor-league basketball teams, we have the Kansas City Tornadoes of the The Basketball League (TBL) they only played two seasons (2018 and 2019) in the HyVee Arena, which is more famously known as the Kemper Arena right across the Missouri-Kansas stateline in Kansas City. 

BRANDING

NIO3h2m.png

For the mascot, I told the artist I commissioned to draw a basketball swirling in a tornado as that seemed like the most obvious route, the color scheme is a standard light blue and red, which is what the Tornadoes had during their short tenure, the font used for the wordmarks was Tarrget Italic and the font used for the insignias and jersey numbers was Tarrget Condensed.

EXTRA SCRIPT LOGOS

rgi1F4M.png

Here are all of the script logos I made, they're all noticeably super long because "Tornadoes" is kind of a long nickname for a team

EXTRA INSIGNIAS

hUjc8TL.png

And here are the extra insignias I put together

HOME COURT

Tornadoes-Court.png

The home court for the Tornadoes features a white outline and blue and red "keys" with the HyVee Arena logos on the sides.

UNIFORMS

BfOn8dX.png

For the Tornadoes, I put together a 4-piece uniform set, a white home, a blue away, a red alternate, and a "storm grey" alternate. 

• Like 2

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Tornadoes (TBL)

To wrap up the basketball series, we take you to the women's game, where Kansas City for a short period of time (1994-1995) had a team known as the Kansas City Mustangs who were a member of the Women's Basketball Association (WBA), the first ever Women's basketball league in the United States, the WBA predated the WNBA by 4 years (WNBA was founded in 1997). 

Nearly 30 years later, in this concept series the WBA's Kansas City Mustangs are revived as a potential WNBA expansion franchise

BRANDING

wP96NeP.png

For the mascot, I didn't specify too much outside of having a mustang and the artist I commissioned designed a shield featuring a majestic mustang with a multicolored cyan and white basketball. The color scheme I chose was purple, cyan, and white and the font used for the scripts, insignias, and jersey numbers was Fatal Distraction.

EcjWtzm.png

Here are the extra home & away scripts I put together, (I once again couldn't put all the extra away scripts on one slide again)

f7QeGU5.png

And here the rest of the road scripts, the extra insignias and the all-white full script logo.

HOME COURT

Mustangs-Court.png

The WNBA Mustangs would play home games at T-Mobile Center, I decided to also slap together some new on-court sponsors to differentiate it from the NBA courts. 

UNIFORMS

1dQw7NA.png

For the uniforms I put a together a 4-piece set with a white home, a purple away, a cyan alternate and a black alternate. I chose Casey's General Store as the jersey sponsor as those are fairly common around both Missouri and Kansas. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to INTO THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Tornadoes (TBL) + Kansas City Mustangs (WBA/WNBA)

The Mustangs' uniforms don't  quite match up with the WNBA's style. There are 3 jerseys instead of 4 and instead of a color swap, there would be a rebel jersey as an alt

• Like 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

18 hours ago, Blindsay said:

The Mustangs' uniforms don't  quite match up with the WNBA's style. There are 3 jerseys instead of 4 and instead of a color swap, there would be a rebel jersey as an alt

Didn't know that, I also looked up what a WNBA rebel jersey is, and it's basically a black alternate, which I designed anyways. So the Mustangs' WNBA uniforms would just be the ones I deisgned sans the cyan alternate. 

QNXVyki.png

On 1/11/2024 at 8:51 AM, maxwasson said:

Didn't know that, I also looked up what a WNBA rebel jersey is, and it's basically a black alternate, which I designed anyways. So the Mustangs' WNBA uniforms would just be the ones I deisgned sans the cyan alternate. 

Nice, also what about the City Jersey for the Knights? Would the Silver suffice?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?