Rugby League Branding Exercise

Davidson

Great to see you back in the concepts section, Fraser.

Some pretty fantastic work here, pretty much everything is an upgrade. I especially like the Warriors, Raiders, Broncos, and Featherstone Rovers.

The only logo I'm not entirely sold on is St. Helens. I like the idea of combining the chevron with the S-H lockup, but I find the letters end up getting muddled a bit, especially where the S, H and the chevron meet and create what looks like a little point jutting from the crossbar of the H. Ultimately though it's still considerably better than the actual crest.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

18 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The Magpie on the crest looks far more like a European magpie than it does an Australian one, which is a pretty big problem as they are very different birds. It would be perfect if the crest depicted an Australian Magpie.

Nice point, I see the Magpies are lighter the further south you go in Aussie and more black the further north.

On 11/13/2023 at 11:25 PM, Davidson said:

Central Queensland Capras. Simplifying the current logo and palette. Maybe a hint of the LA Ram in there also.

Original Logo

Central_Queensland_Capras_logo.png

Central Queensland Capras

original-154b8a89f283d444b23221a2e1af732

original-fe588864ab312d1c1848716983c6d3f

Did you accidentally make a better version of the Los Angeles Rams current secondary logo? 

I actually like it.

On 11/18/2023 at 5:09 AM, neo_prankster said:

Did you accidentally make a better version of the Los Angeles Rams current secondary logo? 

I actually like it.

Haha, yes, that was what this was originally intended as. See below for the original edit:

• Love 1

On 11/17/2023 at 4:34 PM, McQ said:

You were one of the people who got me into sports design many years ago, so it's great to see you getting back into it. All of these are incredible. The last few are some of my favorites so far.

Ah, thats great to hear. It really doesn't seem like that many years... God, I'm old now.