2024 NASCAR Schemes

Green27

8 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

I wish the flames would go away. They're so tacky. The only one that I can understand it with is the Liberty scheme, since they are the Liberty Flames.

Yeah, flames (and before that, the rainbow) are Jeff Gordon's thing, let Byron have his own identity

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

11 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Yeah, flames (and before that, the rainbow) are Jeff Gordon's thing, let Byron have his own identity

I actually think that great drivers associated with a particular number should have their number font retired in a sense. Like, I'd like to see Austin Dillon's "3" look different from Earnhardt's "3", or Byron's "24" different from Gordon's "24", or Bowman's "48" look different from Johnson's "48", Bell's "20" look different from Stewart's "20", Jones's "43" look different from Petty's "43", etc.

• Like 4

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 6:45 AM, stumpygremlin said:

I actually think that great drivers associated with a particular number should have their number font retired in a sense. Like, I'd like to see Austin Dillon's "3" look different from Earnhardt's "3", or Byron's "24" different from Gordon's "24", or Bowman's "48" look different from Johnson's "48", Bell's "20" look different from Stewart's "20", Jones's "43" look different from Petty's "43", etc.

You realize that the number is not the driver's at all and rather the owner's that they lease from NASCAR. Why would you change a successful brand? That's like the Yankees going away from pinstripes because Babe Ruth isn't on the team. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, mjarvie said:

You realize that the number is not the driver's at all and rather the owner's that they lease from NASCAR. Why would you change a successful brand? That's like the Yankees going away from pinstripes because Babe Ruth isn't on the team. 

Yes, I'm fully aware of how it actually works. I'm just stating that I wish teams would change number fonts if a driver becomes legendary in a particular one. It's a wish. Nothing I know will ever happen.

• Like 1

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

On 1/9/2024 at 6:37 AM, stumpygremlin said:

Yes, I'm fully aware of how it actually works. I'm just stating that I wish teams would change number fonts if a driver becomes legendary in a particular one. It's a wish. Nothing I know will ever happen.

Why? Why change your brand from something successful? It makes no sense.

• Facepalm 1

Couple new schemes were revealed over the past few days:

Kaulig's 16 car returns to an "all-star" car after a disappointing year for AJ Allmendinger, who will drive the 16 full-time in Xfinity. Celsius has a new scheme which will debut at Daytona.

Meanwhile, DeWalt will sport a slightly new look on Christopher Bell's 20 car.

Stewart-Haas has unveiled a couple new schemes as well.

"Cold Custard" will become real as Andy's Frozen Custard will sponsor the 00 Xfinity car for three races.

We got our first Cup scheme from SHR as well. SunnyD will stick around on the 4 to sponsor the new driver, Josh Berry.

Life isn't all sunny for SHR as they lost 8(!) sponsors in the offseason: Busch Light (to Ross Chastain), Gearwrench, Go Bowling, Hunt Brothers Pizza (to Joey Logano), Magical Vacational Planner, Pristine Auction, Rheem (continuing to sponsor Christopher Bell), and Smithfield.

We also got Austin Dillon's new Bass Pro Shops No. 3, continuing the olive green, orange, and camo look first seen last year.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

17 hours ago, Pabig93 said:

NASCAR really needs to bring the door numbers on the Cup Cars back to their right location again. It looks so dumb to have the numbers almost at the front wheels.

Amen

And all the little contingency sponsors too

• Like 2

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

20 hours ago, Pabig93 said:

NASCAR really needs to bring the door numbers on the Cup Cars back to their right location again. It looks so dumb to have the numbers almost at the front wheels.

I’m ok with the new number placement especially since sponsors stated learning how to fill that space better. There really is no reason for the numbers to be in the middle other than tradition.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Amen

And all the little contingency sponsors too

Absolutely, I miss having all those contingency sponsors on the car. They have to bring it back. The liverys just don't look like NASCAR anymore.