Spring Football Concept: AAFL Project

WideRight

7 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Sasquatch; drop the "City"

Honestly cutting the City on all of em would roll off the tongue

• Like 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Only 9 votes in so far, but we have a tight one. 

3   Sasquatch

2   Pioneers

2   Spikes

1   Swarm

And, yes, I will drop "City" from all of them.  Seems a good idea, I just was not sure if that was something that folks in the region/city did. 

Pioneers

Also, on a side note, you left out Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium for Austin. It's located in nearby San Marcos, on the campus of Texas State University.

Also also, you couldn't find a stadium in the San Antonio area that has a similar capacity to Alamo Stadium, but much nicer, for the San Antonio team to play in? Then again, Alamo Stadium was renovated back in 2014. Plus, there's always the aforementioned Bobcat Stadium in San Marcos.

Heck, maybe you could've had one Central Texas team represent both Austin and San Antonio, and have them split home games between the two cities.

YOZXkBG.png?1

@raz  I live in Colorado and Bigfoot is a huge part of the culture here.  Every gift shop is loaded with Bigfoot stuff. Pretty sure the same is true throughout the Rockies, not just Oregon and Washington, so I feel OK about Salt Lake going with a Sasquatch theme.

@JH42XCC  I decided not to go with San Marcos because it is literally not in Austin or San Antonio, and since both cities did have a theoretically viable stadium, they would use that as their primary.  I also think the Alamodome could come into play, but just did not want to use San Marcos if I did not have to. 

• Like 1