Spring Football Concept: AAFL Project

WideRight

2 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

I do get mid-90s MLB expansion team vibes from that design and colors

It's probably residual memory of the Hickory Crawdads or Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp either in my subconscious or yours. 

1 hour ago, WideRight said:

It's probably residual memory of the Hickory Crawdads or Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp either in my subconscious or yours. 

If the MLB ever expands to Nawlins, the look is gonna be great

I am also planning a Nawlins team in my IBL

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Congratulations to the New Orleans Crawdads, the 4th of the AAFL’s 8 inaugural franchises. 

The Crawdads offer the league a unique color combo (one without navy for a change): teal, burgundy, scarlet, and black.  The team will sport the teal helmets seen in the identity contest, along with burgundy jerseys with teal sleeves.  The team will have one of their secondary logos on each sleeve, a “C” formed from two claws.  At the base of the neck is a secondary Fleur-de-lis in teal, black and white.  The numbers on both the white and burgundy jerseys will feature an ombre effect.  The pants for both include a similar effect in the central stripe, with each pant stripe paralleling the number on the same colored jersey.   Here is the full design sheet for the newest AAFL club, the Crawdaddies (as some are already calling them.)

spacer.png

Time to return to the West, and we are going to hold our Wild Card round for the West right now.  Houston and San Diego hold down the first two spots, the third spot can go to any city in the pool, NFL, non-NFL, big, smaller, anywhere from the Pacific to the Gulf Coast.  Due to the large number of possible teams, and the fact that St. Louis is already  in the East, I am going to remove Chicago and Detroit from consideration here, but they could get an Eastern franchise to help build a rivalry.  So, what cities are in the mix?  Here is the quick rundown of the contenders:

LOS ANGELES (12.8 million, 2 potential parks, NFL city)

DALLAS (7.9 million, 2 potential parks, NFL city)

SAN ANTONIO (2.7 million, Alamo Stadium, no NFL or MLB)

PORTLAND (2.5 million, Providence Park, no NFL or MLB)

AUSTIN (2.4 million, 02 Stadium, no NFL or MLB)

SACRAMENTO (2.4 million, Hornet Stadium, no NFL or MLB)

LAS VEGAS (2.4 million, Sam Boyd Stadium, NFL city)

SAN JOSE (1.94 million, CEFCU Stadium, not exactly NFL, but very close)

SALT LAKE (1.3 million, America First Field, no NFL or MLB)

HONOLULU (995k, Aloha Stadium, no NFL or MLB)

Ten cities, but only 1 can be the 5th AAFL franchise.  Will it be a mega-city that shares fans with the NFL, a smaller market with a fan base longing for some pro ball? Will either Cali or Texas get a 2nd team, or will a 3rd state be added to the mix out West?  Let the voting begin. You have until Friday at 5pm MT to pick the next Western city. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

And, just to keep tabs on where we are and what colors the league has in place for its teams, we start building our map.  Eight teams in year one.  Ten in year two, then 12 in year 3, and then a big jump to 16 in year 5.  That is the plan (of course we are not waiting years for this.  Just a premise. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

For geographical balance and a Pacific Coast rival for the Destroyers, I select Rose City aka Portland.  Living in San Jose, attending a multitude of games in HP Pavilion, now the SAP Center, there has been a loyal fanbase for Arena Football. However, the Forty-Niners move down to adjacent Santa Clara in 2014 effectively killed the indoor war and any chance of alt football making a comeback in this part of the Bay Area.  In any case, I hope the primary helmet color choices are: athletic gold, a shade of red, a shade of green or royal purple.

10 hours ago, WideRight said:

And, just to keep tabs on where we are and what colors the league has in place for its teams, we start building our map.  Eight teams in year one.  Ten in year two, then 12 in year 3, and then a big jump to 16 in year 5.  That is the plan (of course we are not waiting years for this.  Just a premise. 

spacer.png

This is sweet. I’ve been wanting to do this for my sim league as well. 

I’ll vote for Portland here. We need balance on the map. As much as I’d love to see a team in San Antonio it may have to be an expansion franchise. 

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League