College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

First look. Pretty similar to last year’s set, but with more emphasis on steel. 

I love the way the wing graphic seems to be laid out, but Carbon Fiber AND Steel Plate? Yeah, that's a bit of overload. I hope that this isn't a sign for the other uniforms. 

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

These miss the mark for me. It makes sense to merge some of their most popular designs together, seeing as the modern O logo is turning 25 this year. However, it feels a bit forced. The main problem I have is the color scheme feels too sterile. It needs those pops of color. From more than 5 feet away, it looks like a plain black and silver uniform. You can barely see the green and yellow is void completely.

Here are a few more looks.

These below were much better, in my opinion. The neon pops of color really help give the uniform life. Also, since they’ve done silver numbers with neon outlines so often, it feels like a missed opportunity to do that here for brand continuity. They’re just a neon outline away from feeling like a modern interpretation of any of these designs.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Lastly, I am not sure about the mix and match ability with this set since there is zero yellow present.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

First look. Pretty similar to last year’s set, but with more emphasis on steel. 

As an Oregon fan… very disappointed… I know it’s the first set to be released.. but I was really hoping the O would come back to the side of the helmet and would drop the wings… oh well.. Go Ducks!

• Like 1
oregonsig.png

17 hours ago, burgundy said:

Let's see how they look on the players before we overreact. The gold on replicas always looks like butt. This is obviously a pretty major update as far as ND uniforms go; possibly the most noticeable change (to the homes) since Gerry Faust; but it's still relatively tame. At least it's not gold side panels.

You make some very valid points but from my point of view these were already perfect. Hopefully they look better on the field and if they do , I might be open to feeling different.

• Like 1