2024 Formula 1 World Championship Liveries

Jer15

Out of nowhere (no date announced) McLaren just unveiled this year's livery. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I love it. The blue always threw off the balance a bit when it was combined with black and papaya. Now with just two main colors the livery looks really cool. Reminds me a bit of the 2000-2002 Arrows livery which I was a big fan of as a child.

Ditching light blue is pretty understandable since this color is synonymous with Gulf and Gulf is now a Williams sponsor. It's a nice livery, they supposed to unveil car at Valentine Day.

Other dates:

Sauber - 05.02

Williams - 05.02

Alpine - 07.02 (along with WEC car)

Aston Martin - 12.02

Ferrari - 13.02

Mercedes - 14.02

Red Bull - 15.02

Alpha Tauri and Haas are unknown yet.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

I assume that the Alpha Tauri (as Alpha Tauri) just won't set a livery release date because of the switch to Racing Bulls as opposed to announcing the date they will announce the rebrand. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I’m not a fan of mclarens, I was excited at the beginning thinking the whole care was going to be painted, then see nope it’s another half carbon fiber exposed car. I understand the weight saving but you want me to believe the extra pound from paint or wrap or what ever makes that much of a difference you have to completely butcher the design of your car to expose the carbon fiber. I probably won’t like many F1 designs this year if this is going to continue to be the trend.

17 hours ago, Jer15 said:

I assume that the Alpha Tauri (as Alpha Tauri) just won't set a livery release date because of the switch to Racing Bulls as opposed to announcing the date they will announce the rebrand. 

Most likely that's the reason. I have little hope they would go back to RB Cola livery, but with latest rumors that Visa CashApp might be their main sponsors I can imagine something more like RBR Turkey 2021 livery.

13 hours ago, dont care said:

I’m not a fan of mclarens, I was excited at the beginning thinking the whole care was going to be painted, then see nope it’s another half carbon fiber exposed car. I understand the weight saving but you want me to believe the extra pound from paint or wrap or what ever makes that much of a difference you have to completely butcher the design of your car to expose the carbon fiber. I probably won’t like many F1 designs this year if this is going to continue to be the trend.

It's all about weight limit. With next-gen cars F1 set it to 795 kg at first, but with new tyres, electronics and ground effect, teams struggled to meet that requirement, so F1 increased limit to 798 kg but there are still troubles to reach that and this is why teams go with raw carbon fibers parts. Full body paint is about 6 kg which is a lot.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

@pepis21 posted the dates but there's a little insight into the new Sauber look

Sauber is interesting, because not only their new full name is hilarious (Stake F1 Team Kick Sabuer), but it also look like they have two logos for two separate shorts names depends of country I guess.

First is from official F1 Site as a Kick Sauber F1 Team:

spacer.png

Second is from team facebook as a Stake F1 Team:

416107919_974207370739325_7668488182165401845_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=efb6e6&_nc_ohc=o7RDt-bpWq0AX9X2Bx4&_nc_ht=scontent-waw1-1.xx&oh=00_AfBYP9XVdK7Nvv68rhOq2RdyVvn5epM3cFUpkVQtaNRN_Q&oe=65B0649D

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

What awful names.  I wish they’d mandate paint on certain areas of the car (like everything but the floor and some smaller areas). The entire grid being half exposed carbon fiber liveries got old quick. 

Also, unrelated to this specific topic, but I wish they’d knock it off with the street circuits. 

• Like 1

IUe6Hvh.png

1 hour ago, See Red said:

I wish they’d knock it off with the street circuits. 

200% agreed. 

Haas will reveal on Feb 2...we have all 10 dates.

Not sure what McLaren is doing on the 14th though. 

I do like the way they incorporate the Duracell sponsorship.

• Like 2