2024 Formula 1 World Championship Liveries

Jer15

Kick Sauber. I like the green

• Like 1
  • Love 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Between the awful over-corporatized name (with a sports betting and gambling company, no less 🤢), and the obnoxious shade of green, I'll say just about any other livery being revealed this year will run circles around Sauber. That looks does not do it for me. Looks super cheap and amateurish, like it doesn't belong in the so-called most historic and highest-level racing competition in the world. On the bright side, at least no one will mistake them for being Stake/Kick/Sauber/whatever name they decided to go with. 

I don't know if its the way they edited the graphic or if that is how the car actually looks, but that shade of green does not look remotely realistic. It looks so oversaturated.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I don't know about Sauber. That green look so garish at these pictures, but on real track it might look less saturate (remember 2021 Aston Martin?), so I will wait to judge until Bahrain pre-season testing.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

23 hours ago, Pabig93 said:

The Sauber looks really bad. Probably one of the worst paint schemes in F1 history.

However I really like the Williams. As pointed out by @See Red above the Duracell sponsor on the Airbox is really clever and always amazes me.

That "outer space green" stands out worse than the 2014 Caterham, and that's saying something.

spacer.png

rAUPGPZ.png

I like that it’s something different, I’m tired of every car just looking black and dark accent color with the smallest splash of bright color to tell the cars apart. I will say I’m not an F1 fan so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

• Applause 1

there’s just way too much black on all the cars on the grid. It’s almost as if there were regulations that said only 30% of a car can be a color other than black, and this is what we got.

Red Bull just won all but 1 race in a season, and their car was at least wrapped (very dark, but it was wrapped). Can’t tell me there’s THAT much of a significance in terms of weight/aero that it’s better to not make your car stand out among the grid.

• Like 1

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

3 hours ago, flyersfan said:

there’s just way too much black on all the cars on the grid. It’s almost as if there were regulations that said only 30% of a car can be a color other than black, and this is what we got.

Red Bull just won all but 1 race in a season, and their car was at least wrapped (very dark, but it was wrapped). Can’t tell me there’s THAT much of a significance in terms of weight/aero that it’s better to not make your car stand out among the grid.

Seconded, but I guess that it the rest of the pack just trying anything to catch up with Red Bull. Nevertheless, it really drains the field of color and vibrancy. Off the top  of my head, Stake/Sauber, Alpine, McLaren,  Haas, and likely Mercedes all heavily lean on black. They will pass it off as a "cool" color, but with all these different accent colors in the field, its a shame that they aren't featured more. 

All of those teams I've mentioned have had some great looks in the past too. But they've drained so much of the life they once had out of them.

Alfa Romeo C42 - Wikipedia

Alpine A521 - Wikipedia

McLaren introduces the MCL36

Mercedes explains decision to return to silver F1 livery for 2022

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

All 4 of the cars you presented (for which I agree are all at minimum B+ liveries, don’t aggregate this) feature a decent bit of black on the car. Using it in spots for whatever advantage you come up with is fine! But the whole car doesn’t have to be void of color.

F1 (for as long as I can remember) has displayed teams on the scorebug/ticker via a simple box of color. Orange is McLaren, Red is Ferrari, etc.

But now it’s not so easily identifiable anymore among many of these teams (especially those without the storied histories).

• Like 1

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

7 hours ago, flyersfan said:

Have we reached the era of BFBS in motorsports?

I find it intriguing how lax the FIA has been in loosening up the livery rules in recent years. Personally, I consider myself a traditionalist and think there should be one scheme all year long (maybe a special one here and there), but especially with the Red Bull US schemes last year, it's starting to feel more and more gimmicky.

rAUPGPZ.png

I wish McLaren stuck with their 2019 look. Although 2020 and 2021 were nice too. Since then (above), they’ve been a mess.

Ultimately the margins are so razor thin that if these teams can cut the weight there and apply it more strategically, they will (clearly). Even Red Bull has a lot of bare carbon fiber, but the dark blue hides it better.  It just sucks. They really need to mandate paint covering certain parts of the body.

Also, not terribly surprising but I saw a video of Verstappen streaming his simulator racing where he said the Red Bull will look the same as it has. 

IUe6Hvh.png

F1 should mandate (whether it's minimal weight or something else) that the traditional team colors are applied to all visible parts of the car - so that spectators, fans, media, sponsors - both track side and on the broadcast - can easily identify the cars.

Unfortunately It seems like 2024 is even more gonna be carbon black car 1, 2, 3 and so forth with a few exceptions.

I also agree that special liveries/designs should be limited in usage, so they remain something special and not a marketing gimmick every race as it has been the last years.

Same goes for the drivers helmets, overalls, team gear btw.

4 hours ago, pepis21 said:

FIA just need to increase weight of the car, which compensate weight of the paint. Thankfully Ferrari would be red on most parts (at least I hope so).

And Ferrari be like:

Ferrari-F1-Auto-im-Carbon-Look-2023-json

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.