24 MLB Season Thread

Gary

I think this is so weird - Not counting the COVID NIT, there have been 12 of these best of three wildcard miniseries. Only two have gone to a third game and the team who wins Game 1 has won all 12 series. 

If you count the COVID NIT, 16 out of 20 best of three playoff series have ended in two and teams who win Game 1 have won 18 out of 20 series. 

I guess it's better than a 1 game playoff, but winning that first game is almost just as good. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

24 minutes ago, Sport said:

I think this is so weird - Not counting the COVID NIT, there have been 12 of these best of three wildcard miniseries. Only two have gone to a third game and the team who wins Game 1 has won all 12 series. 

If you count the COVID NIT, 16 out of 20 best of three playoff series have ended in two and teams who win Game 1 have won 18 out of 20 series. 

I guess it's better than a 1 game playoff, but winning that first game is almost just as good. 

Both of those WC Game 3's included the Mets, oddly enough.

• Like 2

rAUPGPZ.png

37 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

For those groaning that this could be an all big market WS like Yankees vs Dodgers, honestly it could also easily be Tigers vs Padres, helps that the Tigers are playing at a 2007 Rockies esque form since August 11

Royals vs. Padres would be a great WS matchup!

• Love 1

Who's this Senga fella that the Mets are trotting out there tomorrow?  I don't think I've ever seen him or even knew he was on the team.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, BBTV said:

Who's this Senga fella that the Mets are trotting out there tomorrow?  I don't think I've ever seen him or even knew he was on the team.

Came over from Japan last year as 30-odd year old "rookie" and pitched pretty darn well, including being named on the All Star team, but has been dealing with a run of injuries this year and only appeared once or twice all season 

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012