What If...Houston still had the Oilers?

neo_prankster

I think any updates would probably be closer to the 2020 version, but I would think this is just the next evolution of the derrick. I almost wish that the UFL had flipped the colors for Arlington/Dallas and Houston but with the NFL throwing out lawsuits left and right, it wasn't going to happen. I like this recolor, I just wonder if they'd have Luv Ya Blue helmets as well as the white helmets now. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

38 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think any updates would probably be closer to the 2020 version, but I would think this is just the next evolution of the derrick. I almost wish that the UFL had flipped the colors for Arlington/Dallas and Houston but with the NFL throwing out lawsuits left and right, it wasn't going to happen. I like this recolor, I just wonder if they'd have Luv Ya Blue helmets as well as the white helmets now. 

So what you're saying is that if the Oilers were still in Houston today, they would go with the 2020 Roughnecks derrick first before the 2023 derrick?

10 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think any updates would probably be closer to the 2020 version, but I would think this is just the next evolution of the derrick. 

This.  

• Like 2

You know, I always wonder what Nashville will also look like if the Houston Oilers still existed... (But, I honestly think that Nashville will still be called the "Titans")

23 minutes ago, TheAnt755 said:

You know, I always wonder what Nashville will also look like if the Houston Oilers still existed... (But, I honestly think that Nashville will still be called the "Titans")

One of their potential nicknames was Copperheads, I think that would have been an interesting rebrand as well.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 4/5/2024 at 10:41 PM, neo_prankster said:

How's this?

y82pfjR.png

C&C Welcome.

I could definitely see this as a 2024 Houston Oilers logo had they never moved to Tennessee, nice mix of Luv Ya Blue and IRL Texans colors

On 4/6/2024 at 8:41 AM, MJWalker45 said:

One of their potential nicknames was Copperheads, I think that would have been an interesting rebrand as well.

there  was way more than that i remember a list i saw with crazier stuff

• Like 1

spacer.png

11 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Instead of just re-colors of the roughnecks two logos maybe try a combination of the two. Their newest logo is much better design-wise, but their older logo is a taller oil derrick like the Oilers. Try using the design style of the current logo but extending it up. 

Full disclosure, I loved your NFL redesign series you did a few years back.

For the Oilers, I tried to avoid the Lone Star to make sure Mr. Jones over in the Metroplex wouldn't throw a tantrum.

Anyways, would it be too much if I add some flare to the top of the derrick?

im-23892?width=1280&size=1

21 hours ago, mcrosby said:

I think it could work, though I'd direct the flames/oil towards the rear fo the helmet. 

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F08563313-e6bd-4ed9-a614-1894073a5ea1_2088x1050.png

I could also see this inspiring a center stripe with the oil just going straight back.

• Like 3

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png