EA Sports Teambuilder Tips and Tricks

I'm sure a few folks are already playing with Team Builder servers. But I wanted to give some tips that I've seen so far based on my own work.

CUSTOM LAYERS for the Stadium Design

When choosing to do the field layout last, I've only been able to place a design in one of the end zones. So if you want to place your wordmarks in both end zones, you may want to start designing it first before you touch any other parts of the design process. You can do this before choosing your planned primary, secondary and tertiary logos.

FbMbEnx.png

ydbMHvT.png

If you have a team that uses a contrasting sleeve logo, the Team Builder doesn't have that option. Instead you'll need to create a sleeve pattern and use it as one of the 10 logos you can import per team. You may have to thin out or bulk up the stripe based on how big you want it to look on the jersey. I've been using 1024x1024, but most say using 512x512 is what you should be using for the logos. Both work, so just go with whichever makes your logos look better. 

9s7weaL.png

iadmnsT.png

cTeXI2u.png

YcmcUBf.png

For outline logos like this, you will probably need to do a better job of matching up the colors, depending on the finish you choose for the design (glossy, satin, matte, or chrome). 

pFWNMFk.png

c47WO8e.png

vk0OGnz.png

• Like 8
  • Love 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

https://www.operationsports.com/ea-sports-college-football-25-devs-list-top-known-issues-team-is-tracking/

First list of workarounds and identified bugs. 

"The EA Sports College Football 25 developers have posted a list of the top known issues they are currently tracking to address for future title updates. The team is currently prioritizing the issue of some players being unable to load into an existing online dynasty.  

Before we talk about some things we are tracking in Dynasty, we wanted to provide some things to consider and clarity on the design intentions. There are many factors at play in Dynasty that can create ripple effects: Injuries, players going pro early, transfers, strong or weak recruiting classes, upsets, and more! The beauty of the mode is that two different users can begin playing Dynasty as the same school, but over multiple years, their College Football 25 worlds can develop notable differences. Dynasty is intentionally designed in a way where the backend systems will create organic and dynamic situations that lead to branching stories. We didn’t want to have a rigid system that leads to all users experiencing the same situations and stories 5, 10, or 15 years in – the world of college football is dynamic and so is Dynasty in College Football 25.

The team is also tracking player feedback on Super Sim Logic. In particular the tendency of FCS schools to cause more upsets than intended. For a more comprehensive tuning of Super Sim Logic, they will continue to monitor player feedback and analyze telemetry data from all users’ Dynasties as more data is collected.

Check out the full list below and while you’re at it make sure to read an outstanding post from OS community member canes21. He breaks down some EA CFB 25 simmed stats from 134 teams and 501 simmed games and compared them to real life stats from cfbstats. Some of the issues in the sim engine show quite the discrepancy in total plays per game and rushing attempts per game with many teams showing 95% of the carries going to their #1 back. It also shows no mass subs during sims and second string quarterbacks seeing no playing time. Make sure to give some XP to this post!

AUDIO

Incorrect commentary when playing as the first game of the season in Dynasty at Utah
Florida State’s War Chant and Tennessee’s “Rocky Top” are not audible when playing only on Xbox Series S
LOGOS

The following teams/conferences have incorrect logos: Stanford, UMass, Western Michigan, Jacksonville State, FIU, New Mexico, SEC, Conference USA, and the Sun Belt
UTEP and Wyoming display incorrect athletic branding on their equipment in Dynasty
Visual issue with conference patches when changing a small subset of teams Conference in Dynasty 
DYNASTY

Super Sim Logic Tuning: The team is looking into tuning of the Super Sim Logic, including FCS schools upsetting too many Power 5 schools
Note: As we continue internal testing on the tuning of Super Sim Logic, Top 25 Polls & the College Football Playoff seedings will also see an improvement.
Issue when adding additional teams to the PAC-12 conference when using custom conferences does not generate a new conference schedule as intended".
Workaround: After adding teams to the PAC-12, open the Conference Rules and set Divisions to ON. Users will see they can now set the number of conference games by toggling back and forth. Users can then disable divisions and edit other settings as desired.
Issue with modified conference rules not saving
Workaround: Users can re-enter the Conference Rules screen to ensure their settings were saved and are valid. If they did not save, then the rules are not valid with their current setup. 
Occasionally, when a recruit reaches their Top 5 stage, it will not display the recruit is “Ready for a Visit” despite meeting the requirements. 
Recruiting Tuning: The team has planned additional tuning to recruiting logic. 
Small chance of a freeze when simulating individual plays quickly after exiting “Super Sim”
Workaround: Wait a couple seconds in between simulating the individual plays before exiting Super Sim.
Issue with the Practice Tile not initially appearing in the “Team” tab
Workaround: Exit the mode and then re-enter.
Current maximum cap of 20 created coaches instead of the intended 32 created coaches
Note: The team is targeting Tuesday for an issue fix that limits Dynasty’s to 20 created coaches. A current work around is using existing coaches in the remaining spots to reach 32.
Issue with some player’s jersey numbers and/or OVRs changing when editing certain players gear.

TEAM BUILDER

When using a Team Builder team in Play Now, cleats are defaulted to Adidas regardless of selected brand apparel.
Note: This does not impact Team Builder teams used in Dynasty
Second custom image layer not appearing on the field
Workaround: Add a second layer, then select a generic image, and then re-select your custom image.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Have any tips for actually getting the site to load and let you upload images? I swear there's like a 10-minute window of the day where I can actually get on it and have it work, and I've tried like four different browsers.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

Have any tips for actually getting the site to load and let you upload images? I swear there's like a 10-minute window of the day where I can actually get on it and have it work, and I've tried like four different browsers.

Apparently Microsoft Edge works better than Chrome.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

22 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

Having trouble trying to add a custom helmet stripe. I thought you'd be able to add a custom layer across the middle of the helmet, but apparently not yet. 

Depending on the stripe, you can sometimes wrap around to the front by selecting the back. You might need to make multiple layers tho. 

• Like 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

25 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

Having trouble trying to add a custom helmet stripe. I thought you'd be able to add a custom layer across the middle of the helmet, but apparently not yet. 

You can add the logo to the back and then unhook the X/Y layers from each other. I did that for one helmet. It only goes up to the middle of the helmet if you're not choosing to slide it up or down.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 7/23/2024 at 8:11 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Apparently Microsoft Edge works better than Chrome.

opposite for me, it won't load at all on edge but loads decently quick on chrome

• Like 1

1 hour ago, walkerws said:

Is there a way to do a custom helmet stripe like Purdue's train tracks? 

You can create a 1024x1024 or 512x512 PNG file, then tell the layer to place it on the back of the helmet (-90). Then set the rotation to (+90). The stripe will stop just short of the midpoint of the helmet if you anchor the bottom of the railroad stripe to just under the bumpers. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Really bad look for EA that the Team Builder page is basically operational 30 minutes a day, and even then is like crossing the glass bridge in Squid Game.  So many cool things I want to create but there's virtually no opportunity to consistently do anything.

• Like 3
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 hours ago, CS85 said:

Really bad look for EA that the Team Builder page is basically operational 30 minutes a day, and even then is like crossing the glass bridge in Squid Game.  So many cool things I want to create but there's virtually no opportunity to consistently do anything.

It's also annoying that I have 3 to 4 blank create teams at all times, which take up spots. Finally bit and bought the game. At least you can use Create teams in play now. 

EXjXAkp.jpg

Vwjfh1O.jpg

WsG1OCl.jpg

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Team Builder has somewhat stabilized since I went around bitching about it, so naturally I created a concept of my alma mater for use in Dynasty.

https://imgur.com/a/eastern-illinois-panthers-cfb25-team-builder-tStRtL5

Give it a looksie if you like, I had a lot of fun making this.

• Like 3
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I've been having fun so far building a bunch of teams. Still some bugs to sort out (some teams I can't edit, my username isn't showing up in search, etc.) but the level of depth is something I wasn't expecting out of the box. There should be more base designs and additions down the road, so it hopefully should only get better. Here's some of the work I've done so far, for both existing and fictional teams.

CDN media

CDN media

CDN media

CDN media

CDN media

CDN media

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 7/23/2024 at 9:27 AM, MJWalker45 said:

Second custom image layer not appearing on the field
Workaround: Add a second layer, then select a generic image, and then re-select your custom image.

Wow thank you for this! It was driving me crazy that only one of my endzones had a wordmark and I was worried I'd have to recreate my school again from scratch. This worked perfectly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Wow thank you for this! It was driving me crazy that only one of my endzones had a wordmark and I was worried I'd have to recreate my school again from scratch. This worked perfectly. 

It looks like they've fixed it now, but just in case I'm glad this works. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Did the UGF Pandas from Not The Expert's youtube channel fame.

n22g2uyuywfd1.png

• Like 1

twitter

17 hours ago, CS85 said:

Did the UGF Pandas from Not The Expert's youtube channel fame.

I like that they made FCS teams that look like actual teams instead of a generic cut and paste team. I also like that every FCS team in the game was also based off of some of teh community that kept NCAA14 alive. 

OygJiSD.png

Also, something I figured out yesterday. If you place an image on the front bumper and blow it up, sometimes it will default to a monotone color. If you go back to choose the logo again after you've expanded it, it should change back to the original colors of the logo. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I figured out the end zone sizing. It's 1024x256. Probably the same as the old Madden games. That should make it easier to line up the end zones as they should appear. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png