Chicago blackhawks concept

puckcool22

i think the blackhawks white and black jerseys look so good and so traditional, but I don't like the striping on the red, so I decided to make the red one more like the other ones.  Please tell me what you think.  I know the shoulder patches are a little messed up and I forgot a name, but don't worry about those, you get the picture.

'hawks

signature.gif

yeah the striping on the red jersey doesn't match the striping from the other two, but i think that's for the best.  this just looks funny.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The 'Hawks red jerseys are the best in any and all sports. As is their white jersey. It's not an inconsistant patten because the red socks are striped just the same as the jersey. The home and roads can be striped differently so long as they are striped the same on the same uniform.

And the Blackhawks uniforms are more consistant, all around, than the Senators... Pic a design, would ya?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

i tried making the outside stripes white and the inside black, but it looked really horrible, especially considering on the white jersey black is on the outside, and on the black jersey white is on the inside.  While just looking at the design of chicago's red, it looks really horrible, I am always surprised with how good they look on the ice.  While I do like mine a little better than their red one, I think next season the black should be the primary home.  While a lot of teams don't want the blacks to be their home anymore because that trend is dying out- it still looks great for the hawks, and they are after all the chicago blackhawks
signature.gif

puckcool, the inconsistency in the Hawks jersey has always bugged me. I have tried things similar to you, but it doesn't look right. Not sure how to fix it, but keep trying, cuz I agree with your thought.

Sometimes, the home and road jerseys just aren't meant to be exact matches.  It's very different working with a design that's mostly white and working with something mostly non-white.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Oh man I know you ain't hatin' on my Hawks unis!!!! :D  Those don't look as good as the current roads, and who cares if they don't match exactly. They are an Original Six team, and they've never changed their look EVER. That's saying something, and the road unis look perfect how they are.

Actually they have changed their jerseys before, but have had these a while and have never done too much. The term original six also bugs me. The only two teams that were around and are still around at the start of the NHL are the Montreal Canadiens and the Toronto Maple leafs (then Arenas).

wern't the canadiens the maroons too?

also, some of these teams should consider a jersey change for a little luck

espn shwoed a clip of toronto winning their last cup, they werent wearing the double stripped jerseys they have now, but a thin thick thin stripe combo

blackhawks havnt won since a million years ago and don't look like they are goin anywhere

signature.gif

back in the late 20s to late 30s, the habs were the team montreal's french-speaking population backed, and the maroons were the choice of the english-speaking montrealers.  the Forum, too, was built for the maroons...so you could figure there was a rivalry.  like you said, the habs don't have to do much for a throwback(aside from reintroducing the white versions of their reds).

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The only two teams that were around and are still around at the start of the NHL are the Montreal Canadiens and the Toronto Maple leafs (then Arenas).

Actually, IIRC, the Arenas folded one season and the St. Pats were admitted to the NHL the next season.  So while the city of Toronto continued to have a team, it wasn't the same franchise.  The St. Pats later became the Leafs, same franchise with a new name.

I despise the Blackhawks as every good Blues fan does, however their uniforms are some of the best in all of sport.  The variation you created is nice, but I prefer the present version.

And with regard to the term "Original Six," I have always preferred "Senior Six,"  with the '67 expansion class being the "Second Six," even though there's only 5 teams left.

I don't recall the Canadiens wearing Maroons throwbacks last season (or this season, or ANY season).  If they did, we would have been all over it (like when the Avs pulled out the Nordiques uniforms briefly for the pre-season game in Quebec City) and NHLuniforms.com would have posted it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I had to find out for certain, so this is from "Total Hockey II" (pg 274):

"Despite winning the Stanley Cup in the NHL's first season, the Toronto Arenas struggled in 1918-19 and, in fact, withdrew from the league on February 20, 1919.  The team was back for the 1919-20 season  after having been reorganized as the Toronto St. Patricks."

Archived