Ok, I have got to ask

Cyclopsis Joe

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally don't like NASCAR. I find it the equivilant of watching two ping pong balls flushed down the toilets. I hate Oval racing. I love CART and Formula 1, and Australian/British Touring Cars, and WRC. I love the engines, the roars, the technology. NASCAR has no technology. They use carbouration, for god's sake! No new passenger car in North America today uses that. Touring Cars are the REAL stock cars, because they are actually based on the real cars. In NASCAR, passing is easy as hell. Think of basketball. It's easy to score in basketball, so it lessens the importence of it. A good timed pass in CART is a planned, beautiful thing that takes work. F1 is even better(Though ther is too little passing there).

It actually really isn't easy to pass in Nascar. Atleast I get that impression from NASCAR Chase for the Cup 2005. And I can't really comment on whether it's easier than other forms of racing because in some cases, you're always side by side with someone and one slip up and your race could be over.

That said -- I don't mind NASCAR. I prefer it over other forms of racing. And if I see it on on a non-football Sunday, I may watch it on occassion. I think some people don't like it because all they do is drive in a circle, the the impression is that that doesn't take much skill (I don't feel that way, but most do, i'm sure)

IUe6Hvh.png

F1 is even better(Though ther is too little passing there).

Must be a Schumi fan if you like F1..

I love NASCAR. I was born and raised on names like Kulwicki, Earnhardt, Elliot..like some kids now are raised on Brady, Jeter, Bryant..etc.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

F1 is even better(Though ther is too little passing there).

Must be a Schumi fan if you like F1..

I love NASCAR. I was born and raised on names like Kulwicki, Earnhardt, Elliot..like some kids now are raised on Brady, Jeter, Bryant..etc.

Actually....Jacques Villenuve (Comin' back for Sauber, woo!)

I don't mind NASCAR, but I hate when they televise it. What a waste of good space on my TV dial, along with golf, tennis, and bowling. Seriously, I can understand people wanting to bowl, but who the hell wants to sit on the couch and watch other people bowl?

Watching 35 rednecks race in a circle for three hours is not a sport. It's a test of paitence. "How long can i watch this before running my head into a wall?"

Bring NASCAR back to it's roots. Have the drivers carry some 'shine in their car, and see if they can outrun the law. The winner is the one not in prison.

Rednecks go to jail, and i get entertained. A Win-Win.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I don't understand how it is as popular as it is, a bunch of cars go in a circle for several hours...sometimes someone passes, sometimes they don't...I'm completely lost becasue I can't stand it in doses of more than a few mintues. (works great when I want to fall asleep)

Watching 35 rednecks race in a circle for three hours is not a sport. It's a test of paitence. "How long can i watch this before running my head into a wall?"

I couldn't agree with you more! NASCAR is for all those middle aged rednecks who had no real athletic ability in their entire life.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I couldn't agree with you more! NASCAR is for all those middle aged rednecks who had no real athletic ability in their entire life.

I would associate a defibulator with middle aged rednecks who had no real athletic ability in their entire life moreso than NASCAR.

I saw, I came, I left.

I would associate a defibulator with middle aged rednecks who had no real athletic ability in their entire life moreso than NASCAR.

You mean a "defibrillator". Defibrillator's or pacemaker's, who gives!?! They all have beer guts and yellow teeth.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Actually, my teeth are white, homie.

So are you calling yourself "white trash" or "trailor trash"? Just a question, don't get too offended. ^_^

Retired Number's To Come

Quick, shut it down people are getting riled up. :D

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Archived