Texas Tech Uniform concept

TBGKon

yeah man, were gonna throw down if you continue to be harping on the members! haha :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The Broncos use a font called "Insignia", for both the numbers and the names.

I don't have a problem with Copperplate used for the numbers. It's an interesting font to use, I don't know any other team with it. Team Canada used it on its hockey jerseys a few years ago, and I thought it looked great. It does come in seven "weights", and you'd be better off using on of the heavier weights, one where the serifs are a little thicker.

Honestly, I'd rather see Copperplate than Insignia. Insignia will instantly look like a Broncos rip-off or a bad Nike experiment. Same with Crillee (similar to West Virginia) or Handel gothic (Miami-Florida).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Just so you all know in advance, Copperplate is a big no no font in general design. If you design something that's made with Copperplate, other designers will snicker at it. If its a company logo, designers will laugh at you. It got very over used and its everywhere. Its a good font, hense its use. But, its used everywhere and ever single computer on earth has it.

If your new, visit fontfreak.com and there are a billion fonts for free personal use. Ok, not a billion, but quite a few.

I think it's use is lower than than it had been in the past. I remember in the early to mid 90s is was everywhere. Any font can be considered a no-no if it's become contrived through overuse and misuse. How many movie trailers contain the font Trajan? You see it all the time. Doesn't mean it's a bad font or you should stop using it. The Milwaukee Brewers use Times New Roman on the backs on their uniforms. That's a default font on most computers. I see many universities using ARIAL in the lettering in their end zones.

There's nothing wrong with using Copperplate if it fits the design, but not if it's used arbitrarily. There are a few extended looking sans serif fonts out there that look like Copperplate, and they look very stylish.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I don't know any other team with it.

Columbus Blue Jackets come to mind. And it's awful awful awful looking on their jerseys.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived