Utah Jazz Concept Logos

Phil

I'd give it a thumb-kinda-at-a-45-degree-angle kinda thing. :D It's not pathetic, there isn't a pukey smilie warranted here, but it's still not that good. I do agree with Pollux that the sax (which looks amazing, BTW) would look much better as the "J". Now, the "J" looks more like a T with a tail on the end. Maybe if the thickness was the same on the tail...

Well I can definitely say your avatar (?) matches your post. I don't know what you're smoking but why does the sax have to look exactly like a "Z"? You can clearly see what the logo says and I think SyPhi was trying to be a little more realistic when he created a sax with mouth piece that is smaller then the opposite end of the instrument.

Hey bs... I think he's talking about the J having the same thickness on the tail, not the sax. (Also, take a less abrasive approach... the "I don't know what you're smoking" comment looks bad when it is in fact you who is misinterpreting what is being presented.)

Thanks for all the constructive comments guys... version 2.0 coming soon! :)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Version 2.0...

Sax is still the "Z". From the start, that's how it was going to go from this concept... that's what this primary concept is. It would no longer be the same logo (not to mention an original idea) to make the sax the J... I've seen several concepts do just that.

The colours have changed, the J has changed, and a few other things have been slightly modified... so without any more of my yabbering...

Utah%20Jazz%20Primary%20Logo%20V2.gif

Utah Jazz Primary Logo Concept version 2.0

Utah%20Jazz%20Secondary%20Logo%20V2.gif

Utah Jazz Secondary Logo Concept version 2.0

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Sy,

Great work but I think version 1.0 is still better.......by far!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I feel that a lot more in the traditional Jazz colours :D

I reckon its fantastic still... but the sax looks a bit dull because it is poised for action but nothing is coming out the end. It looks so smooth the way it is though so I don't know if adding something to the opening would ruin that look or not?

Great piece of work... the J musical note (as well as being a throwback to old Jazz concepts) intertwines so cleverly with the basketball musical score... sensational stuff.

liverpool-1.png

I reckon its fantastic still... but the sax looks a bit dull because it is poised for action but nothing is coming out the end. It looks so smooth the way it is though so I don't know if adding something to the opening would ruin that look or not?

Great observation, I didn't even notice that.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Version 2.0...

Sax is still the "Z". From the start, that's how it was going to go from this concept... that's what this primary concept is. It would no longer be the same logo (not to mention an original idea) to make the sax the J... I've seen several concepts do just that.

The colours have changed, the J has changed, and a few other things have been slightly modified... so without any more of my yabbering...

Utah%20Jazz%20Primary%20Logo%20V2.gif

Utah Jazz Primary Logo Concept version 2.0

Utah%20Jazz%20Secondary%20Logo%20V2.gif

Utah Jazz Secondary Logo Concept version 2.0

The outline around the wordmark makes the difference, plus this one finally leaves the *insert city here* blues trend. I would like to see the white in the wordmark yellow, like has been suggested. But, seriously, that is a thing of beauty!

VmWIn6B.png

Archived