Utah Jazz Concept Logos

Phil

I love that sax, but I am not really digging the wordmark and the alternative logo. Looks kind of plain and not fitting together well.

I am not saying the concept is bad, I just think you can do a much better job base on many of your previous work.

Doh!

not bad at all, i just have one thing, I think the sax would look better as a "J" instead of a "Z"

Agreed. I think it would look better with the J as a sax, because it kinda makes more sense 'cause a sax is shaped like a J...

Meanwhile, the secondary is beautiful :notworthy:

That looks really good SyPhi! You could try the sax as the J... But overall a great execution!! :D

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

A fantastic piece of artwork, especially the secondary, but as a Jazz fan I'm not feeling it for some reason... maybe I'm just not used to the new colour scheme yet?

It's a bit Swing of the Quad Cities like with the sax, but using it as the Z rather than the J was a nice twist.

liverpool-1.png

I'd give it a thumb-kinda-at-a-45-degree-angle kinda thing. :D It's not pathetic, there isn't a pukey smilie warranted here, but it's still not that good. I do agree with Pollux that the sax (which looks amazing, BTW) would look much better as the "J". Now, the "J" looks more like a T with a tail on the end. Maybe if the thickness was the same on the tail...

Also, just because it's an NBA logo you don't need to incorporate a b-ball. Just check out the NFL. I count only four teams (Brown, Jets, Dolphins, and Bucs) who use football-related equipment in the logo. If you had to, though, I would've put it in the note instead of the other way around. It kind of looks thrown together, IMO. It might take a bit to realize the lines are a basketball...

All in all, it could use more work, but it has mucho potential. Again, the saxophone looks phenomenal.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

As a huge Jazz fan I love it. Great job man.

They are the JAZZ after all, not the Utah Mountain Ranges

Do we have to go through this argument again?

I'd give it a thumb-kinda-at-a-45-degree-angle kinda thing. :D It's not pathetic, there isn't a pukey smilie warranted here, but it's still not that good. I do agree with Pollux that the sax (which looks amazing, BTW) would look much better as the "J". Now, the "J" looks more like a T with a tail on the end. Maybe if the thickness was the same on the tail...

Well I can definitely say your avatar (?) matches your post. I don't know what you're smoking but why does the sax have to look exactly like a "Z"? You can clearly see what the logo says and I think SyPhi was trying to be a little more realistic when he created a sax with mouth piece that is smaller then the opposite end of the instrument.

Also, just because it's an NBA logo you don't need to incorporate a b-ball. Just check out the NFL. I count only four teams (Brown, Jets, Dolphins, and Bucs) who use football-related equipment in the logo. If you had to, though, I would've put it in the note instead of the other way around. It kind of looks thrown together, IMO. It might take a bit to realize the lines are a basketball...

All in all, it could use more work, but it has mucho potential. Again, the saxophone looks phenomenal.

The NFL is completely different story. If you count all the NBA logos you'll find that a lot of teams use basketball's. Why copy a NFL team instead of a NBA team?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived