islanders concept

puckcool22

by the way, the players love the current logo- i remember reading the day the alts came out how the players were relieved the classic logo was still on there.

Well, I hate it. It has the same feel as the Oilers logo, and since the Islanders weren't even in the WHA, it just looks WAY too retro (and 60s-70s retro isn't good at all for a sports team).

VmWIn6B.png

by the way, the players love the current logo- i remember reading the day the alts came out how the players were relieved the classic logo was still on there.

Well, I hate it. It has the same feel as the Oilers logo, and since the Islanders weren't even in the WHA, it just looks WAY too retro (and 60s-70s retro isn't good at all for a sports team).

The Islanders have been around since the 72-73 season, same as the WHA, so what if they weren't in it?

I just don't follow your argument...

I like the logo--it lets you know who the team is.

And while I too prefer their current unis--I do like the striping style here--and it does look better with the blue & orange reversed...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

i love how you do that unique striping style, both on this and your other concept(s). it looks really really good. heres what i would do. make a white one with blue sleeves and sides, outlined in orange. with the orange bodied one, place the lighthouse logo on it and i think it would be a really good alt. i love your numbers too. quaint yet slightly untraditional at the same time, like the new england patriots numbers. a good twist on a classic style.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I like the jerseys as alternates.

Your addition of light blue adds some nice accents to the overall scheme.

The numbers are a bit unrealistic for tackle twill, though.

I can't see any team opting for four layer tackle twill numbers.

I can just hear the sewing machine needles breaking now.

The Islanders logo is horrible... just terrible. I'm generally not one to tell people thier opinions are wrong, but I officially decree that anyone who disagrees with me on this issue is wrong.

Sorry, but it's just the way it going to be. ^_^

I like the dark blue one, but it's probably a personal thing, but not the predominately orange one. I'd like to see one where the jersey is mainly good old white. Not sure if it should be white/blue or white/orange though.

Then keep the orange as an alt.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived