RIP John Cerutti

zer0dotcom

Wow. That's a shock. I watched the last couple of innings and I was wondering why he wasn't there today while Tom Cheek was taking his spot. I looked at SI's webstie and that's where I found he was dead.

I saw, I came, I left.

Definitely not a good week for canadian baseball.

Sad news for one so young.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

I saw John Cerutti every day I went to work, and talked to him every now and then. Just the other day I shared an elevator with him, and he was chatting to the elevator operator about happenings in her life. He was a true class act, genuine, at least from what I saw behind the camera.

It won't be the same at the dome without seeing his smile as I head down the hallway.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I heard this earlier and I was shocked. It's really hard to believe...that is horrible for his young family. My prayers go out to them.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Who dies of natural causes at 44 nowadays?

Darryl Kile died of Natural Causes even younger.

So, by natural, it's probably heart disease or some sort of problem like that that was just never discovered.

I never really knew who the man was, but it's sad anytime someone dies. It's sad anytime someone dies at 44. And it's sad anytime someone in the baseball world dies.

Thoughts and prayers to his friends and family.

thats the most alarming part for me. I would find it more understandable if he was diagnosed with something that would be detrimental, but as far as I knew of him, he was a healthy man.

I hate to pull out a Simpsons quote, but honestly, I find that this line is unfortunatly becoming more nad more the norm rather than just some funny punch line. No disrespect is intended.

"People die all the time, why you could wake up dead tomarrow." -HS

unfortunatly, they don't wake up at all

zer0 and I know of a 15-year-old kid who died just down the street from both of us from natural causes.

Went to sleep one night and didn't wake up the next day. No cause of death was determined.

John's death is terribly shocking, I regret not starting up a conversation in that elevator about 10 days ago.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Wow... that's certainly a shock.

That man was a regular (and welcome) sight on TV, who did a really solid job of colour commentary, especially considering the quality TV crews the Blue Jays have had (Dan Schulman & Buck Martinez were terrific).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

So, by natural, it's probably heart disease or some sort of problem like that that was just never discovered.

I never really knew who the man was, but it's sad anytime someone dies. It's sad anytime someone dies at 44. And it's sad anytime someone in the baseball world dies.

Dying of heart failure (as Kile did) isn't a natural cause, STL.

I just honestly think many of these 'natural causes' deaths have an actual underlying cause that wasn't detected, that's all. Nonetheless its a shame.

nav-logo.png

Dying of heart failure (as Kile did) isn't a natural cause, STL.

I just honestly think many of these 'natural causes' deaths have an actual underlying cause that wasn't detected, that's all. Nonetheless its a shame.

My bad then, but that is what it has been referred to since his unfortunate death. If that's not a natural cause, than is there really such a thing (I know you already implied you didn't seem to think there is very often)?

Archived