Montréal Royales' uniform concept

GeorgesL

They're nice...good use of the Red Sox lettering (a little too similar in coloring and style to Boston's uniforms). But they don't match the lettering in the logo. Looking at the logo, I'd expect the uniforms to have more blue and gold in them. They are dominantly red. Why not use the logo's script on the uniforms? At least the home one...you could do a similar treatment for "Montreal", or go the other way and do something completely different for it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

That design is sweet! However, being from Montreal, I can tell you that a baseball team would never be called "Royales", because the correct translation of Royals would be "Royaux" (Royales is a feminine word)... :P

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

As an American I actually followed the CBL durring its short lived life. I also noticed on the logoserver site that there was a team that never played called the Navigators. Anyone know where this team was to play?

Signature intentionally left blank

As an American I actually followed the CBL durring its short lived life. I also noticed on the logoserver site that there was a team that never played called the Navigators. Anyone know where this team was to play?

Nanaimo, BC

The league was originally West Canada only, then they decidided to go national and some of the names and logos went with them Abbotsford BC Saints -> Trois Rivieres PQ Saints for example.

By the way, I was talking to the President of the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame - who was also very involved with the CBL - he told me the league shut down due to the league owner's shady connections and they intended on starting a west Canada only league up shortly.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

By the way, I was talking to the President of the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame - who was also very involved with the CBL - he told me the league shut down due to the league owner's shady connections and they intended on starting a west Canada only league up shortly.

Number of discussions with people influential in starting up new sports leagues: 1

Number of reported mentions of crazy-skilled sports designers at CCSLC: 0

I can't quite see it here, but something's not quite right. :P

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

jpslapshot22: I think the Red Sox uniforms have a ton of history and charm, which is what I wanted to give the Royales. The uniform design is final, but I might change the logo, though. Even though the script has a Padres' feel to it, it looks kinda artsy-fartsy, not to mention it looks like a Negro League logo. As for the colour of the uniforms, as I recall the Royales used the exact same road unis I have designed, only 1) they used a gold and blue "M" with a crown hanging, and 2) the road script was different than the script I used.

pollux: First let me just say it is great to meet someone who is from Montreal. GO ALS!!!! YEAH!!!! I totally agree on the spelling of the name "Royales". It looked great at first, but the more I think of it, it is unusual to give a team a spelling of a word like Royales. In the old days, the Jackie Robinson days, the team was called the Royals, as you notice the spelling is in English. However, whoever owned the Montreal CBL team chose to go in a different direction, had the right idea, but obviously doesn't understand French like you and me. (BTW in France they call the McDonald's quarter-pounder with cheese a royale with cheese (royale avec fromage). Go figure.)

swiss: Couldn't have done this without your help. :notworthy:

Number of discussions with people influential in starting up new sports leagues: 1

Number of reported mentions of crazy-skilled sports designers at CCSLC: 0

I can't quite see it here, but something's not quite right. :P

He knows about the community I told him about us and offered our services.

Smarty pants :P

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived