Minnesota Lacrosse name unveiling Oct 25

-kj

The new NLL team in Minnesota is going to be unveiling their name on October 25. This is part of an e-mail I got from the Wild organization today:

Please join Minnesota Sports and Entertainment as we unveil the indentity of our new National Lacrosse League team on Monday, October 25 from 5:30 to 6:30 pm at the Xcel Energy Center in downtown Saint Paul. Visit LacrosseMN.com for more information.

Perhaps I'll have to be there, camera in hand.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Can't wait to find out what the nickname will be.

At the State Fair, they had a logo survey. The choices were either Bullheads or Swarm.

All the logos for Swarm had wings on them that were supposed to look like mosquito wings, but they rounded off the ends, had a very wide black outline around them and had "veins" running through them. To me they all looked like pigs ears, so I voted for the Bullheads logo myself.

No idea on the team colors though, as all the logos were black and white...

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I think I'll try and go; if you're gonna be there, spyboy, lemme know.

You going to the open house on Saturday?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Damn! I had hopes they wouldn't have made up their minds so soon. I was just about to get to work on a logo and name for them, but I guess I'm to late now. Ah well, the name I had in mind was the Minnesota Trappers. Trappers? Get it? Okay, well it's not that witty. Still looking forward to what their logo will look like, though.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

well i thought Id be sneaky and see what they chose by checking WHOIS... they registered both Minnesotaswarm.com and Minnesotabullheads.com... so that doesnt help.... sigh...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

I think I'll try and go; if you're gonna be there, spyboy, lemme know.

You going to the open house on Saturday?

I won't be there for the announcement on the 25th, but would like to make the Wild Open House on Saturday evening.

It may end up being 'dinner & a movie night' with my wife instead since our toddler will be with the Grandparents, but I offered it up as a suggestion since she actually likes hockey. The thing is she's pretty smart, and knows there won't be a single player in sight, so her motivation is pretty near zero for that.

As for registering both web addresses, that's nothing. Before they named the Wild officially, the registered all six of their options back then.

I actually like "Swarm" better, but those pig-ear logos sucked! I only wish I had a picture to share of those...

JeffB

120 hockey jerseys and counting...

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived