Nba uniforms project

GMS1122

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, well, GMS, you nailed the white shorts too. There are about 4-5 pics of that particular jersey (all white) in my NBAE so I ass-u-med you meant the blue ones.

great, i made them a little more distinctive to thier time too

BTW, where did you get the NBAE? i need to find me a copy

:;):

They have a ton of copies at the Waldenbooks here. It's only $5. It's huge though, shipping would be a bastard. It's a few years out of date, but the pics and info is still great. If you want one, I can pick one up for you...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Oh, well, GMS, you nailed the white shorts too. There are about 4-5 pics of that particular jersey (all white) in my NBAE so I ass-u-med you meant the blue ones.

great, i made them a little more distinctive to thier time too

BTW, where did you get the NBAE? i need to find me a copy

:;):

They have a ton of copies at the Waldenbooks here. It's only $5. It's huge though, shipping would be a bastard. It's a few years out of date, but the pics and info is still great. If you want one, I can pick one up for you...

i must be looking at a different one, cause one Waldenbooks.com its running for $92.95  :laugh: or else this other one for $14.95

1st thought...

More Like It?

I love this...how it doesn't match...and the comment about Stockton...

jazz_stockton_240.jpg

"Matching Up

Through the '80s, the Jazz's main road uniform was the familiar purple, now with "Utah" above the Jazz logo.  However, as you can see, sometimes the jersey and shorts didn't always hold the same shade.  John Stockton came to the Jazz in 1984 and never wore long shorts in his career."

Purple cna be a strange color for uniforms as often it appears blue under certain lighting just look at the Vikings for a good example.

I wonder why taht is I have alwyas wondered why.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

that jazz picture looks like 2 diff. companies made the shorts and jersey...

hard to imagine that "champion" would use 2 diff colors of dye for the set if they made the whole deal!

I don't know if that's really possible seeing how Sandknit made all the jerseys back then.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

GMS, the NBA Enyclopedia I have is the third edition and it's up-to-date through the 2000 season, meaning it's not very up-to-date. Maybe that's why it was 5 bucks :D

well just about everything after the 2000 season a have a good knowledge of, so i think that could do the trick for me.

send me a PM or MSN me if you dont mind, i'd like to try and avoid paying 3x what you got it for, plus shipping. we can try and work something out

Archived