Nba uniforms project

GMS1122

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GMS, I'm not sure if you've caught this (I hadn't either until I read this) but the Lakers' jerseys can get a bit confusing.

Sometime, this says during the 80's, the Lakers switched from white numbers on the yellow jerseys to purple numbers. My version of the NBA Encyclopedia has a pic of Pat Riley (Laker from 70-71 to 74-75) in the white numbers. Also, the drop-shadowing on the white numbers appears to be a total 90-degree drop-shadow, modified a little on the purple numbered jerseys. Hopefully someone else can sort this out.

Also, the actual script on the Laker jerseys is just a wee tad different from the one on the logo, but that's always something you can tackle later on. Great work so far!

Oh, and the NBA Encyclopedia I have (not sure if you've seen one or not) has quite a few pics of older uniforms, could possibly be of some use to you later.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

GMS, I'm not sure if you've caught this (I hadn't either until I read this) but the Lakers' jerseys can get a bit confusing.

Sometime, this says during the 80's, the Lakers switched from white numbers on the yellow jerseys to purple numbers. My version of the NBA Encyclopedia has a pic of Pat Riley (Laker from 70-71 to 74-75) in the white numbers. Also, the drop-shadowing on the white numbers appears to be a total 90-degree drop-shadow, modified a little on the purple numbered jerseys. Hopefully someone else can sort this out.

Also, the actual script on the Laker jerseys is just a wee tad different from the one on the logo, but that's always something you can tackle later on. Great work so far!

Oh, and the NBA Encyclopedia I have (not sure if you've seen one or not) has quite a few pics of older uniforms, could possibly be of some use to you later.

im not really sure why i chose 71 as the year, but i know its way off...

im gonna get the white numbered ones done today probably and we'll see how they turn out from what im looking at. What's different about the Lakers script? I can try and fix it now.

Yeah im gonna need tons of help for the older uni's, seeing as my memory of NBA Uniforms doesnt really extend much further than the mid-80's.

STL..what exactly do you mean?...please explain

Your collection is getting larger GMS any chance we will have them on a site any time soon. I am looking forward to being able to go one place and see all the work team by team, as I said as soon as you have that Ill have a link to you on my page too.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Looking good GMS. I've explained to you on MSN what I meant now. Pics seem to show that.

Maybe Pantone can help with the color of the blueish purple jerseys, or maybe he already has.

as far as i know the lakers used the same color purple since they swithed to gold and purple in the 60s....thats what PANTONE's team color guide has listed.

As for the site tank...good things come to those who wait.. :;):

Looking good GMS. I've explained to you on MSN what I meant now. Pics seem to show that.

Maybe Pantone can help with the color of the blueish purple jerseys, or maybe he already has.

as far as i know the lakers used the same color purple since they swithed to gold and purple in the 60s....thats what PANTONE's team color guide has listed.

As for the site tank...good things come to those who wait.. :;):

Ok, but what I mean is you gave the old purple jerseys a bluish tint that they seem to get on tv...

hey great work so far on all the jerseys. I was looking at some NBA Encyc and nba great shots books and the white laker jersey of early 60s the number was Royal blue with the light blue as the shadow color.

http://www.onlinesports.com/pages/I,MN-LAK62H44-54.html

yeah, your'e right that was a dumb mistake on my part.

its fixed...did any of those books happen to have a view of the home shorts?

GMS, here is a pic of the home shorts. Looks like you nailed them dead-on. I'd lighten that naby blue a little though, it doesn't look that dark. Also, is it just me...or is there not a drop shadow on those numbers? ???

Oh...are you planning on altering the template for the older uniforms such as this one? It appears that before the mid-late 60's, the shorts had a belt instead of elastic and a drawstring. It's always something you could do later to put those small finishing touches on everything. The pre-90's shorts also look somewhat "off" as the current longer shorts, such as the spacing between the vertical LAKERS on the shorts isn't quite accurate on these.

Ok, I'll leave you alone now, great work on this massive undertaking!  :D

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

GMS, here is a pic of the home shorts. Looks like you nailed them dead-on. I'd lighten that naby blue a little though, it doesn't look that dark. Also, is it just me...or is there not a drop shadow on those numbers? ???

Oh...are you planning on altering the template for the older uniforms such as this one? It appears that before the mid-late 60's, the shorts had a belt instead of elastic and a drawstring. It's always something you could do later to put those small finishing touches on everything. The pre-90's shorts also look somewhat "off" as the current longer shorts, such as the spacing between the vertical LAKERS on the shorts isn't quite accurate on these.

Ok, I'll leave you alone now, great work on this massive undertaking! :D

yeah, ive seen that pic...by home shorts i meant the White ones. (using home and road is different wherever you say it so i wont name them by that anymore.)

as for the color, im going by official team pantones, so they way they show on TV or in pictures is most likely pretty different.

as for the template, i'll probably get around to changing it someday, but right now i only have one or 2 jerseys that would be affected by the switch.

Archived