Nba uniforms project

GMS1122

You continue to make great progress, but I have a little for the boards sake as well as mine, since Im a little to lazy to go back and check myself but can we see wa list of what you have done so far GMS?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heres a list of whast been "done" you can basically tell which ones were done in Illustrator, but they will all eventually be in .ai

Atlanta Hawks 2000-present

Atlanta Hawks 1995-2000

Atlanta Hawks 1994-1995

Atlanta Hawks 19??-1992

Boston Celtics 1998-present

Boston Celtics 1991-1998

Boston Celtics 19??-1991

Chicago Bulls 2001-present

Chicago Bulls 1999-2001

Chicago Bulls 1995-1999

Chicago Bulls 1989?-1995

Chicago Bulls 1976?-1989?

Cleveland Cavaliers 2003-present?

Cleveland Cavaliers 1998?-2002

Cleveland Cavaliers 1996?-1998?

Cleveland Cavaliers 1994-1996?

Dallas Mavericks 2001-2002

Dallas Mavericks 2003-present

Los Angeles Lakers 1961?-1965?

Los Angeles Lakers 1966?-1978?

Los Angeles Lakers 1979?-1998

Los Angeles Lakers 1999-2001

Los Angeles Lakers 2002-present

and heres what should be getting done soon...

Dallas Mavs should be finished up within early March

49erfan15 - New Orleans / Charlotte Hornets

tajmccall - Minnesota T-Wolves

joel_fiasco - Detriot Pistons

STL FANATIC - Chicago Bulls

and i also believe nitroseed offer to do some aswell, i dont remember which.

I can do Sac Kings uni's, but i'm gonna need a template for Adobe Photoshop. I dont have Illustrator, but i'd like to help. Lemme know. PoisonSnakePit@aol.com is my email.

unless you can make them vector somehow, im going to have to decine your offer. As much as i want more help, i want to keep the project looking as neat and accurate as possible. But you sound like you could be very helpful with info when i get to the Kings unis..i will definately let you knw if i need some type of help or insight :grin:

Does anybody have any decent NBA uniform templates? All the ones I have seen are just crap.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Does anybody have any decent NBA uniform templates?  All the ones I have seen are just crap.

very tactful :evil: .....i really appreciate that....pure class, mr. professional vectorizing....maybe if they suck so bad, you may want to vector one up for yourself!

seriously, dude... what a jerky thing to say on someone's thread where they worked really hard in a template that you just managed to trash.. not just the template, but all of their hard work.

I'm not sure you fit in around here.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Here are a lot of dates that I'm fairly sure of:

The "Dominique" era Hawks were from 1982-83 until 1991-92 or 1992-93...before that they had the plain looking ones with Hawks across the front and stripes down the sides....

as for Boston, I haven't been able to figure out when they switched from "Boston" on the roads to "Celtics", but I believe it is in the early 60's. Also, the "Celtics" font was blocker until 1967-68 and was more like the modern font after that.

The old Chicago uniforms were only used until Jordan's rookie year, '84-85. From '85-86 on they've been the same with only variations in the color of the player's name on the back, and the alternates.....I believe that the uniforms used in Jordan's rookie year were pretty much unchanged since the Bulls came into existence.

I can tell you pretty much the history of the Cavaliers jerseys, except for the dates on the modern ones and the earliest

The original jerseys had a script Cavliers on them with a long feathery tail underneath...

The classic "Miracle of Richfield" jersey with the alternating stripes on the shoulders, debuted in either 74-75 or 75-76, and ran until...argh, I can't find the exact date, but at least 78-79.

Then from around 1980 through 1982-83 were the gold homes red roads with the stripe across the front and cleveland written above it.

The "great pumpkin" jerseys debuted in '83-84. I've seen some variation in whether there is a net in the V or not...

In '87-88 the orange roads were replaced with a similar blue version, and the "CAVS" on the home changed from orange to blue, and the trim also changed.

In '88-89 the roads were changed from the "CAVS" logo to "Cleveland". And those stayed until 1994 or whatever.

I guess you have Dallas under control, I forget the exact dates, but there were the original blues, switched to green fairly soon, then the new font in...92 or so? Then the switch back to blue, and then the modern unis.

Let me see if I can pinpoint the Lakers switch from white numbers to purple....sorry, no luck.

seriously, dude... what a jerky thing to say on someone's thread where they worked really hard in a template that you just managed to trash.. not just the template, but all of their hard work.

I'm not sure you fit in around here.

I'm not trashing on anybody's specific template here. I just said that all the ones I have seen just look like "crap". I didn't say that I saw any templates off of this thread now did I? I apologize if you guys took offense to my comment but a lot of the basketball templates on the "Templates" thread are either too choppy or don't exist anymore.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

sorry, gms, i just hate to see someone with nothing constructive to say start bitching about other folk's work!

Joel,

If you have a problem with me than keep it between you and I but like I said, I wasn't trashing on anybody specific works!

I was simply asking someone to point me in a direction where I can find a decent template. If you know of a place maybe you could say "hey bs, this one is a really good one". And maybe while you're at it you can tell me where it says GMS1122's or paynomind's work looks like crap in the following statement:

"Does anybody have any decent NBA uniform templates? All the ones I have seen are just crap."

Retired Number's To Come

I was simply asking someone to point me in a direction where I can find a decent template. If you know of a place maybe you could say "hey bs, this one is a really good one". And maybe while you're at it you can tell me where it says GMS1122's or paynomind's work looks like crap in the following statement:

"Does anybody have any decent NBA uniform templates? All the ones I have seen are just crap."

The fact that it was posted in the NBA Uniform Project's thread.

And calling somebody's work 'crap' is a little harsh man. There's a couple of solid basketball templates on the Templates thread. Just noticed that you may have trouble getting at the vectorized one I submitted... all you have to do is right click the link and "Save Target as...", and make sure to save it as an ".ai" file.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I apologize but I believe that nobody can really pin this against me. I didn't say a specific person's template was crap I just said that the ones I've seen around......hence the choppy ones just were "crappy".

I'm not here to create wars or controversy, I was just looking to get pointed in the right direction. I love all the work that has been posted on this NBA Uniform Project but I just wanted an empty good quality template. That's all!

Anyway, let's get back on topic. If there's a problem then please PM me instead of posting it on here.

Retired Number's To Come

Archived