NY Giants Claim Another TV Market

yh

KTVI 2, St. Louis's FOX television affiliate has been declared a "dedicated market" for the New York Giants, subordinate only to the hometown Rams, with regard to broadcasting NFL football games. In other words, in any timeslot in which FOX is broadcasting a Giants game and not a Rams game, KTVI will broadcast the Giants game in its entirety, regardless of how lopsided the game may get. This article spells it all out. This is clearly due to the continued popularity of former Ram QB Kurt Warner in the St. Louis market. A couple of weeks ago, KTVI broadcast the Giants-Minnesota game but cut away to a closer Dallas-Detroit contest when Big Blue went up by 27 points and viewers fled to the CBS game. The station was also bombarded with complaints regarding the switch. So, while Dallas may claim to be "America's Team," I suppose you could say the Giants can claim to be "St. Louis's Other Team." Now, what will be interesting is what would happen if Warner were to get hurt or benched in the next couple of weeks. The article doesn't say whether you can "undeclare" your dedicated market status.

KTVI 2, St. Louis's FOX television affiliate has been declared a "dedicated market" for the New York Giants, subordinate only to the hometown Rams, with regard to broadcasting NFL football games. In other words, in any timeslot in which FOX is broadcasting a Giants game and not a Rams game, KTVI will broadcast the Giants game in its entirety, regardless of how lopsided the game may get. This article spells it all out. This is clearly due to the continued popularity of former Ram QB Kurt Warner in the St. Louis market. A couple of weeks ago, KTVI broadcast the Giants-Minnesota game but cut away to a closer Dallas-Detroit contest when Big Blue went up by 27 points and viewers fled to the CBS game. The station was also bombarded with complaints regarding the switch. So, while Dallas may claim to be "America's Team," I suppose you could say the Giants can claim to be "St. Louis's Other Team." Now, what will be interesting is what would happen if Warner were to get hurt or benched in the next couple of weeks. The article doesn't say whether you can "undeclare" your dedicated market status.

If anything, that shows that the people who made the effort to call the station aren't football fans but Kurt Warner fans (note the very clear distinction I made. I didn't say St Louis fans sucked or anything). I would, 100 times out of 100, watch a competitive game in the last few minutes than watch my favorite player blow out somebody.

... Or certainly rather than watch my favorite player get blown out, OMMF. It probably won't be long until Warner is on the bench, judging by the fact that Coughlin has already considered playing Eli Manning. So it will be interesting, and funny to see what happens then, like yale said. Would people rather watch Kurt Warner hold a clip board and wear a headset rather than watch a competetive game? :P

I think it's kind of stupid, personally. If I had to put up with something like that, I'd be complaining to someone about how much they suck. Fortunately, however, I don't because people in Denver can move on. ^_^:P

IUe6Hvh.png

"SUBORDINATE:  Lower class type.

"Perfect for the Giants.

"I guess the Giants also have Philly as one of their tv markets."

Nope. And JQK, one question: Week One, who won the Eagles-Giants game?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

SUBORDINATE:  Lower class type.

Perfect for the Giants.

Ok, NOW you've pissed me off........

:P

I thought he was trying to piss off all of St. Louis.

BTW, while the Eagles may have won the last meeting between the two, what is the point of bragging over one regular season victory? That's trying desparately to find something worth noting and because you can't find anything, you resort to finding the most meaningless moment of success possible.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

BTW, while the Eagles may have won the last meeting between the two, what is the point of bragging over one regular season victory? That's trying desparately to find something worth noting and because you can't find anything, you resort to finding the most meaningless moment of success possible.

I showered more recently than you. So nyah.

BTW, while the Eagles may have won the last meeting between the two, what is the point of bragging over one regular season victory?  That's trying desparately to find something worth noting and because you can't find anything, you resort to finding the most meaningless moment of success possible.

I showered more recently than you. So nyah.

I showered 7 hours ago. You?

champssig2.png

I showered 7 hours ago. You?

TWO hours ago!

-James "No Stink" Craven.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I showered 7 hours ago.  You?

TWO hours ago!

-James "No Stink" Craven.

Did I ask you?

Also...You shower at 1AM? Considering the frequency with which you posted yesterday (and so far today), I can't imagine you having actually done something active that would require you to shower prior to or afterwards, let alone at 1AM.

champssig2.png

Archived