Poor Fellow

JamesCraven

FROM CANADIAN (ASSOCIATED) PRESS

REGINA, SASKATCHEWAN - Angry fans trashed the house of Saskatchewan Roughriders placekicker Paul McCallum after he missed an 18-yard field goal in overtime in a playoff game Sunday (11/21/04).

Hours after the Roughriders lost to the B. C. Lions, 27-25 in the CFL West Final, which put the Lions into the Grey Cup Final against the Toronto Argonauts, eggs were thrown at McCallum's home and manure was dumped on his lawn.  "We're taking it very seriously," Regina police spokesperson Elizabeth Popowich said.  "I think everybody is really dismayed by this sort of event."

Police recieved the first call saying McCallum's home had been pelted with eggs about an hour after the game.  While his wife was outside cleaning up that mess, a second vehicle pulled up in a neighbor's driveway and dumped the manure.  Soon after, another vehicle passed by and the people inside "made threats against the property of the home owner," according to Ms. Popowich, who refused to elabarate on the threats.

Mark Conrad Lehmond, 31, was charged with making threats and is scheduled to appear in court December 15th.  Police were still investigating.

Oooooh, a bit of overreaction there, hunh kids?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Outside of the players, I always find it hard to believe that someone could take the CFL so seriously. I mean, to brag about being the best team out of 9 is like saying you're proud of being the smartest kid in the slow class.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

...says the guy who lives in the only part of Canada without a team.

I'd prefer the comparison of being the best team in the CFL to being the prettiest Denny's waitress. Being the best doesn't necessarily make you any good. :D

Welcome to DrunjFlix

You jabronies aren't getting the point. This is serious stuff we're talking about here...even if it is the only game in town. Harassing some guy because he, well, choked, isn't right. Take a look at Buffalo. When Scott Norwood went wide right in Super Bowl XXV, the people of Buffalo didn't want to kill him. Why do I have to be the Woody Paige of the board, a voice of reason?

You jabronies aren't getting the point. This is serious stuff we're talking about here...even if it is the only game in town. Harassing some guy because he, well, choked, isn't right. Take a look at Buffalo. When Scott Norwood went wide right in Super Bowl XXV, the people of Buffalo didn't want to kill him. Why do I have to be the Woody Paige of the board, a voice of reason?

Well, I wouldn't call it Woody Paige, but you are a woody...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

You jabronies aren't getting the point.  This is serious stuff we're talking about here...even if it is the only game in town.  Harassing some guy because he, well, choked, isn't right.  Take a look at Buffalo.  When Scott Norwood went wide right in Super Bowl XXV, the people of Buffalo didn't want to kill him.  Why do I have to be the Woody Paige of the board, a voice of reason?

Well, I wouldn't call it Woody Paige, but you are a woody...

yes....a woody.

and you BBS

well, if making threads about viagara ommercials is considered being the voice of reason...

and don't use that high and mighty talking about being the voice of reason. The last guy who spoke like that almost got linched around here

Now, you're officially on "THE LIST". I think we know which one.

Now, now, boys. I admit I might have been a little harsh. For all we know, he's writing a screenplay...

OOOOH!!! :shocked: Whatever happened to that epic anyway?

As for the kicker, he better just be glad he does not live in Central or South America.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

You jabronies aren't getting the point. This is serious stuff we're talking about here...even if it is the only game in town. Harassing some guy because he, well, choked, isn't right.

We're not harassing McCallum, we're harassing you. BIG difference.

I saw, I came, I left.

It happens all the time. One of the kickers at my favorite college got death threats and had his room vandalized for missing a field goal. It's not right but it happens more than you think.

Archived