Weird/interesting jersey on eBay

DGivens87

Lookin on eBay, blah blah blah...and then I stumble upon this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5144352639&rd=1

anyone know the "authenticity" of this bad boy? obviously, it's not really from the 1920s, but is the design/team name/logo correct? Is the manufacturer reputable? It's kinda an interesting jersey...

I'm not sure when, but there was a Boston Yanks NFL football team. I believe it was during the 1940s after the Redskins took off to Washington. And yes, they played at Fenway Park.

I doubt those are their jerseys however, looks a little too modern.

I'm not sure when, but there was a Boston Yanks NFL football team. I believe it was during the 1940s after the Redskins took off to Washington. And yes, they played at Fenway Park.

IIRC, the Boston Yanks became the Washington Redskins. There was no pro football team around here after they left until the genesis of the Boston Patriots in 1959...

patriotssignature.png

IIRC, the Boston Yanks became the Washington Redskins. There was no pro football team around here after they left until the genesis of the Boston Patriots in 1959...

youre wrong. The Boston Yanks were indeed a WW2 era team 1944-1948. The Redskins were a separate team that dates back to 1933 when they were known as the Boston Redskins, who then did move to Washington in 1937. The Boston Yanks eventually became the New York Yanks, then were folded and absorbed into the NFL in 1950 in a special disburtion draft.

metslogo_215.gif

Archived